Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully I disagree, if she was male we would call her a sperm donor...not a father. She is the egg donor, not a mother. However, I am going to back track on my original statement until I know for a fact that she has not seen her 8 year old son since he was 2. I am currently wondering what went on in 2008 if JI was given custody in 2005. If she was visiting with him until 2008 I would not call her a stranger as that is much less time apart and more importantly he would have been older and known her for 5 years instead of as a baby and toddler. Of course a 5 year old would be more devastated by losing his mother than a 2 year old.

My father was adopted at the age of 3 along with his 4 year old sister when their mother left them. They have no memory of her and they do not look at her as anything but a stranger.

A mother is someone who loves and cuddles and sings to and reads bedtime stories and teaches you your ABC's. A mother kisses your owwie and comes to all your plays at school and yells the loudest at your sporting events. A mother takes you shopping for

you first special dress. Mother's don't give birth and hang out for a couple of years.[/

QUOTE]

If I found out right now, at age 40 I had along lost brother or sister, i'd be thrilled and wished I had the oppurtunity to do those things when I was 8 instead of 40, even if not from birth or 2 years old. I am an only child though, but even if my birth mother or father came out, even if they had many skelotons I'd be so grateful-no bitterness, especially at this time of my life...I just hope that boy has the oppurtunity but most of all that RR recognizes how/what it was like to not have him and learns, also that JI and DB know how it feels to not have a child and just welcome her with bygones, still of course being wise and taking in account of whatever problems RR may have (maybe mental maybe the boy will inherit it, they should teach him how he should be treated by how they treat her) , a smart person learns from their own mistakes a genius learns from others mistakes ...a stupid person never learns

I know someone who's husbands exwife's parents (ex-inlaws) treat his new wife and the baby they had together, better then her own family, their not obligated or responsible for this behavior,,, but man it sure shows some character, btw his ex wife is also so kind and welcoming to her and especially their child. I'm just saying it would be so nice if something positive could come out of this, like that the boys get to know their mom and dad and everyone seems and learns from their mistake...they don't have to be geniuses...but they don't have to be stupid neither:fence:

Yes you would want to get to know them, but they would be strangers. You wouldn't want to be uprooted from your life as you know at 8 years and sent to live with someone you did not know. Parent or not.
My husband and I are very close with my ex-inlaws. They consider own son as their grandchild because he is the sibling of their grandchildren. He is included in everything and has even spent the night with my ex on occasion. He doesn't understand why he doesn't have two dad's. I am not an unreasonable person....really!

A few years ago a close friend of mine found out he had a 12 year old son that he never knew about. He wanted to meet his dad. He is his son now but in the beginning they were strangers. It has taken time for my friend to become 'Dad'. And he will never get those years back. He was being raised by another man and when his mother divorced him she wanted child support from my friend. 12 years worth. She didn't end up getting it, though. Only for current years and my friend was then given his rights to visitation.

The being deported thing is not making sense to me. How is she suddenly legal after being deported? If she only has a temp visa would she even have a chance of custody?

I'm not really sure. Heck I'm not even sure if she was actually deported. But do you know if RR and JI were ever married? I'm kind of fuzzy on that and it would matter.

Here's what I found on deportation and it's possible that some of these could have applied as far as her being, or facing deportation.

Classes of Deportable Aliens

Any alien that is in the United States may be subject to deportation or removal if he or she:

Is an inadmissible alien according to immigration laws in effect at the time of entry to the U.S. or adjustment of nonimmigrant status;

Is present in the U.S. in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act or any other U.S. law;

Violated nonimmigrant status or a condition of entry into the U.S.;

Terminated a conditional permanent residence;

Encouraged or aided any other alien to enter the U.S. illegally;

Engaged in marriage fraud to gain admission to the U.S.;

Was convicted of certain criminal offenses;

Failed to register or falsified documents relating to entry in to the U.S.;

Engaged in any activity that endangers public safety or creates a risk of national security; or

Engaged in unlawful voting.

http://immigration.findlaw.com/immi...rtation/immigration-deportation-overview.html

To my knowledge JI has not ever been married to anybody. Not 100% though, but pretty sure.

I don't blame bio-mom one bit for wanting to seek custody. She's trying to get her son away from a woman who was so drunk she blacked out while taking care of two small children and an infant - and thought it was pefectly acceptable to do so - and either:

1) Was utterly unaware of an intruder who took the infant and could have killed everyone in the house if they wanted to

or

2) She herself did something to the baby, possibly even killed it, and could have killed the other two children if she wanted to.

I don't know what bio-mom's situation was but if she has her act together NOW and if she or her side of the family can provide a safe environment for her son, more power to her.

I don't blame bio-mom one bit for wanting to seek custody. She's trying to get her son away from a woman who was so drunk she blacked out while taking care of two small children and an infant - and thought it was pefectly acceptable to do so - and either:

1) Was utterly unaware of an intruder who took the infant and could have killed everyone in the house if they wanted to

or

2) She herself did something to the baby, possibly even killed it, and could have killed the other two children if she wanted to.

I don't know what bio-mom's situation was but if she has her act together NOW and if she or her side of the family can provide a safe environment for her son, more power to her.
But why wasn't she worried 6 weeks ago? Or even 4 weeks or so ago when she was interviewed?

Someone posted earlier about a group home but now I can't find it.

If true, and if we knew what KIND of group home, it might answer a few questions.

If true, and if we knew what KIND of group home, it might answer a few questions.

One of my sisters is a Psychologist who dealt with adults in Group Homes and Semi-Independent living settings (supervised apartment dwellings) for many years. Many of these individuals had mental health issues, addiction problems, mentally impaired, unemployed, etc. Information regarding the nature of the group home and the reason for individuals residing in such dwellings should be regarded as privacy-protected similar to HIPAA laws. As a professional, my sister would never have discussed these individuals with anyone other than those who interacted with them on a daily basis or her supervisors. It's none of our business. jmo

But why wasn't she worried 6 weeks ago? Or even 4 weeks or so ago when she was interviewed?
How do we know that she wasn't worried 4-6 weeks ago? :waitasec:

It is very easy to assume much just based on what people say to the media, and what the media chooses to report. :)

Clearly (to me), RR has retained an attorney who has now filed emergency custody papers. And I don't know when RR first found out about Lisa being missing...I don't know what her circumstances are...I don't know how comfortable she is being on camera...I don't know how versed she is in speaking and understanding the English language...I don't know what her relationship with JI was like...I don't know the details of why she hasn't seen her son in years...I don't know how long it took nor how much money it took to get this attorney to take action for her. Etc., etc., etc.. ;)

The only thing I could find was this link (which no longer works) that her family had said that in an interview early on when DB and JI's past relationships were being discussed.

Soooooo. . .I'm not sure how accurate it is. :confused:

http://fox4kc.com/videobeta/ac435ae...News/Extended-Family-Talks-About-Couples-Past

ETA- and I couldn't find anything about what kind of group home, if in fact she is or was living in one.

Clear as mud, huh?

One of my sisters is a Psychologist who dealt with adults in Group Homes and Semi-Independent living settings (supervised apartment dwellings) for many years. Many of these individuals had mental health issues, addiction problems, mentally impaired, unemployed, etc. Information regarding the nature of the group home and the reason for individuals residing in such dwellings should be regarded as privacy-protected similar to HIPAA laws. As a professional, my sister would never have discussed these individuals with anyone other than those who interacted with them on a daily basis or her supervisors. It's none of our business. jmo

This makes a LOT of sense!

I think if cps needs to be involved to investigate they should be. I think the boys (and poor little Lisa) are whats important now, I just don't see how Jeremy is a bad father. I might feel differently if it were DB ex or if cops took the kids away, or even if the mother just wanted visitation but until Jeremy proves he hasn't learned his lesson the hard way I don't believe he should loose his son or that his son should loose him. I think the poor kid has been through a lot but if his father is the parent he has known for years and they haven't found any abuse then why take his son and put him with someone who hasn't been apart of his life for such a long period. I haven't seen it reported anywhere that Jeremy has left his son alone with DB. I haven't seen anything that says this poor boy should loose his father, I honestly think if his mother wants a relationship it should happen, I just think she should be taking things slower.
My mom took off when I was 8 to live her life. My dad was far from perfect (I think god everyday I have amazing grandparents!) but I didn't know my mom until I was an adult. It was a process to build a relationship, it just wasn't there when I first seen her again. She was a stranger, she wasn't "mommy" to me. I am not sure the specific details int his case but I can tell you my grandma is my mom she is the one I feel that way about. My mom and I have a relationship but my grandma played that role. You can't just say "oh well I gave birth to you so I am a parent". It should be a process if at all possible. Now if the boy is found to be in danger that is totally different, but right now he has lost his sister, shes not there. His mom hasn't been there, all he has is his father and I am sure DB's son is like his brother, they are growing up together. I can't even imagine how scary it would be for him to be taken from the only home he knows right now, taken from a parent, and thrown into a situation because his dad's girlfriend might have did something. I guess its personal for me because I know what its like to have a missing parent, knowing your mom isn't making an effort to be a part of your life is heartbreaking, it creates a void even at a young age.

In custody cases, declarations are filed by each party and their attorney's. Sometimes, parents seeking custody will make up a whole lot of BS. There are many, many custody cases in which, we find out later, the rulings were in favor of the person with the best attorney, most money, better liar, etc..not always, the better parent for the child. I am NOT saying it happened in this case. Just saying that, we do not have any clue what the truth is. There are 3 sides to a story, his/hers and the actual truth.

Custody cases are sometimes brutal. Unfortunately, the kids are the ones that suffer. JMO

BBM

Justice is blind? Justice can be bought?

if his father is the parent he has known for years and they haven't found any abuse then why take his son and put him with someone who hasn't been apart of his life for such a long period.

Being with the only parent he knows doesn't mean much if he ends up injured or killed. Debbie already "lost" one kid and was severely negligent while "caring" for two others.

I haven't seen it reported anywhere that Jeremy has left his son alone with DB.

He was left alone with her the night Lisa disappeared. She was drunk and blacked out and who knows what happened and I think it's a safe bet it wasn't the first time she's had the kids alone in her care and decided to have some alcohol-fueled "adult time."

That's not a safe environment for the child.

JI needs to kick out DB (or himself move out with his son) or let the kid go with bio-mom.

Has anyone seen a pic of baby lisa being held by mommy all i have seen she is alone in a seat or standing at the door. Usually they give out a pic of the child with Mommy.

The pictures of Baby Lisa that were released have bothered me from the beginning. Why, when you are actively wanting everyone to look for your child, would you release infant (2-3 month old) pictures, when Lisa was almost a year old. I think the only ones that would be helpful would be like the one of her standing at the sliding glass door, But the infant photos? I think they got licensing fees for those infant photos, but they certainly don't help in the search of an almost one year old. IMHO...

The pictures of Baby Lisa that were released have bothered me from the beginning. Why, when you are actively wanting everyone to look for your child, would you release infant (2-3 month old) pictures, when Lisa was almost a year old. I think the only ones that would be helpful would be like the one of her standing at the sliding glass door, But the infant photos? I think they got licensing fees for those infant photos, but they certainly don't help in the search of an almost one year old. IMHO...

That is puzzling for me as well. From the first media coverage we saw a recent picture of Lisa standing at the families front door. I can think of one reason why infant pictures were shown---------------------so she wouldn't be 'seen'.

How do we know that she wasn't worried 4-6 weeks ago? :waitasec:

It is very easy to assume much just based on what people say to the media, and what the media chooses to report. :)

Clearly (to me), RR has retained an attorney who has now filed emergency custody papers. And I don't know when RR first found out about Lisa being missing...I don't know what her circumstances are...I don't know how comfortable she is being on camera...I don't know how versed she is in speaking and understanding the English language...I don't know what her relationship with JI was like...I don't know the details of why she hasn't seen her son in years...I don't know how long it took nor how much money it took to get this attorney to take action for her. Etc., etc., etc.. ;)

Did you see RR's "cell phone interview"? IIRC it was right after BL went missing, but released days later. Her attorney spoke for her in an article sighing a week or two, and it was the same attorney that she used for custody previously with JI, the sttorney happens to be a defense attorney who claims not to do contested divorces on her website.

Long story short, a lot of questions you asked, other than her living situation, can be answered by googling for that interview and the subsequent article about her pulling out of a more formal interview.

If the media was offering to pay for pictures of Lisa, then I could see why the Irwins would give them as many pictures as possible, even old ones. How many pictures would we estimate have been released?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl
Back