Emotional Toll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Man, I didn't realize until tonight how much I wanted AB to just be clueless in regards to his daughter. And then I read that EB said ZB died TWO WEEKS before AB said he saw her the last time (and couldn't decide what day to use for his lie either). My stomach just dropped. No way she was brooding in her room for two weeks, and AB just failed to notice. He is so not innocent here even if the police don't ever arrest him. I am just sick.

My heart just hurts more and more the more details that come out...that poor, poor child...

I too am disheartened. But I remember EB telling LE that AB disposed of her and his phone showed him elsewhere but her phone showed her in an area remains where found at the time she claims Z was being disposed of.

ETA I hate where this case is going. I hate that I wanted so much for AB to not be an active participant in this. I hate how this case makes me feel.

Back to my watchwords for today. Deep cleansing breath

Calm, Cool, Collected.

I too am disheartened. But I remember EB telling LE that AB disposed of her and his phone showed him elsewhere but her phone showed her in an area remains where found at the time she claims Z was being disposed of.

I do not know what to think. I will say, it sure looks bad for AB if TOD is approximated at where EB claims it happened. For AB not to be aware of Z being missing, plus his statements that he SAW Z alive much later - sigh. That would be very farfetched to be based in reality.

ETA I hate where this case is going. I hate that I wanted so much for AB to not be an active participant in this. I hate how this case makes me feel.

Back to my watchwords for today. Deep cleansing breath

Calm, Cool, Collected.

At least the ugly details we have all dreaded are being brought to the light of day. Keep the faith guys and gals - my Mother always said "The Truth Will Stand When the World is On Fire". Justice WILL be served in this sad case. Remember Zahra's smile - that is what gets me through a lot of dark days now.

At least the ugly details we have all dreaded are being brought to the light of day. Keep the faith guys and gals - my Mother always said "The Truth Will Stand When the World is On Fire". Justice WILL be served in this sad case. Remember Zahra's smile - that is what gets me through a lot of dark days now.

That and the fact that she is beyond the pain. I also feel that there will be people made to pay for their actions; that helps, as well.

truly heart wrenching what a roller coaster and i know we have not even got all the information sigh {{{hugs to all}}}

NOETIC

Im so proud of you putting yourself out there for Zahra like that. I wasnt brave enough to even go to that site.(((HUGS))))

Between this and the Jonathon Foster case... It's rough.

Been hugging my tot a lot to keep my spirits up.

(((HUGS))) Duck, I feel for you ive been emersed in Jonathan and Hailey Dunn. My youngest is 12 and doesnt like sappy old mom hugging on him. My poor grandbabys have to feel smothered!

((hugs to all))

R.I.P. Zahra, Justice is slow but coming!!!

(((HUGS))) Duck, I feel for you ive been emersed in Jonathan and Hailey Dunn. My youngest is 12 and doesnt like sappy old mom hugging on him. My poor grandbabys have to feel smothered!

When he refuses to be hugged, tell him, "It's either that, or I watch you while you sleep."

He'll come around. ;)

Hi everyone,
Been awhile since I posted. I just couldn't take it anymore. I have a hard time getting my head around that this child could have been murdered. I'd rather believe, until proven wrong, that the child died of 'natural causes' and EB and/or AB panicked. Not saying thats my point of view. I don't know what my point of view is anymore.
Zahra seemed a sweet young girl, and I just don't understand how this could have happened.
I've been reading up on other cases, but this has to be one of the hardest, because of the child, who overcame so much.

I'd love to see things change that would prevent something like this before it happened. Not sure how though.

all the best,
Fyre

Today I am at loose ends over this case. I want to be DOING something. I just spent way too much time pouring once more over the search warrants and organizing them in a way that made sense to me in the tech forensics thread. There was really no need, they are linked a million other places, but I needed to DO something dangit.

Come on charges, I am trying so hard to be patient but I simply hate this part of it. This waiting for the wheels to spin. sigh.

tl... I fully believe that Zahra is smiling at you. Thank you for everything you are doing. No effort on her behalf is a wasted effort, remember this. :blowkiss:

This case continues to break my heart in so many ways.

Me too. And while on the one hand I can't wait for the wheels of justice to roll- it's going to break me all over again when they do, in more ways than one. One of the most hated aspects of SAR work.

Zahra's courage in the face of such pain continues to remind me I better keep myself together, so when the time comes- I'm ready.

Noetic, I feel your pain.

This wait has been torture - I have been doing no more than checking the thread titles hoping to see anything that appears to be movement in the right direction - nothing, nothing and more nothing.

I know LE has done their best for Zahra - which should bring an indictment or three. Waiting for justice is so hard, especially when there are people who belong in jail, walking free.

Blessings to everyone who is waiting to see justice for Zahra.

[FONT=&quot]Off Topic - but pertinent. Not sure where else to post this. Just wanted to say how horrified and sorry I am about all of the flooding that is happening in Australia! For any of our Australian members/readers we have a thread here at WebSleuths. [/FONT]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125000"]Scores missing in tsunami-like flood in Australia - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[FONT=&quot]Off Topic - but pertinent. Not sure where else to post this. Just wanted to say how horrified and sorry I am about all of the flooding that is happening in Australia! For any of our Australian members/readers we have a thread here at WebSleuths. [/FONT]

Scores missing in tsunami-like flood in Australia - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:wave:

Oh thank you Reannan. Yes, it's tough times in Australia! Thanks for adding the link to the thread.

Thought I'd provide the following to keep this in perspective with regard to Zahra, and to give some further background information on her.

As you undoubtedly know, she was born in Wagga Wagga in New South Wales (NSW) and before moving to the US lived in Giru in Queensland (QLD). Here are maps to give you an idea of the locations:

Note the white/blue cross-hairs:
Wagga Wagga – http://www.whereis.com/nsw/wagga-wagga#session=MTg=
Giru – http://www.whereis.com/qld/giru#session=NTY4

Giru is in the sugar cane region of northern QLD, and has tropical, hot weather and generally high rainfall. It's not experiencing floods to my knowledge. The areas subject to flooding are from the Toowoomba region of QLD, which lies inland approx 120km from Brisbane, to the state's capital city of Brisbane which is experiencing the evacuations of many suburbs. So far 12 deaths but over 50 are missing. The estimate is it will take 2 years and billions of dollars to repair the damage.

Giru is approx 1300 km (800+ miles) north of Brisbane - ie approx 15 hours drive.

I'm located in Melbourne, which is in the southernmost state on the mainland's eastern seaboard. We're mostly accustomed to drought and bushfires in recent years, yet are currently experiencing huge rainfall ... but nothing on the scale of the north (Melbourne is 1700 km south of Brisbane – 1056 miles, over 20 hours drive). Melbourne is where the Black Saturday bushfires wreaked havoc in February 2009. The fires burned over 4,500 km² (450,000 hectares, 1.1 million acres). We had 173 deaths and over 3,500 buildings and houses were lost. We still haven't recovered from the fires, and at present the estimates for repair are $1.5 billion and counting. Ironically to us Victorians the rain is welcome as it means we don't need to worry about bushfires!

But it will all be OK. We know it's part of the harsh but amazing life in Australia. To help you understand this, here is one of Australia's most loved and famous poems. It brings a smile to the faces and hearts of all Aussies and maybe it can help you understand what Australia would have meant to Zahra.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror –
The wide brown land for me!

(verse 2 of "My Country" by Dorothea Mackellar)

Take care!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back