Emotional Toll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am a total newshound, but sit here and look and the only thing I'm interested in reading about is Zahra and no new information. I am still completely numb and shocked by this whole series of events. It eats at me that we don't know more and that Adam isn't locked up. I just can't conceive of the possiblity that he isn't involved. It just doesn't make sense. I feel at very loose ends, not quite knowing what to do with myself. I can't seem to think about anything else.

Another sleepless night. Way too many of those to count since I first came upon WS many years ago (finally joined in 2008, but had been reading here for 3 or 4 prior to that).

This time it seemed different. I felt utterly and totally lost. Like I didn't know what to do with myself. I would close my eyes and they would pop right open again.

I have been following true crime since I was a pre-teen and found True Detective magazines at the drug store. I have read about every possible manner of killing, abuse, neglect, and disposal of a deceased body.

I have never had a case affect me the way Zahra's case has.

I cannot get this precious baby-child's face out of my mind's eye. She did not deserve to leave this world under such circumstances, and certainly not in any of the imagined scenarios that we have discussed here.

She deserved more.

She deserved better.

I am so rife with anger at the people who should have been protecting her, and at the domino effect of the pieces falling into place for this to happen.

If only Emily and Adam had stayed together.

If only Zahra had never had cancer.

If only Adam had never gone into IMVU where he met EB.

If only EB had never gone to Australia.

If only EB and Adam had not married.

If only they had not uprooted precious Zahra from the only home and family she had ever known.

If only CPS had been more thorough in doing their job.

If only someone had stepped in to protect Zahra.

If only someone had stopped the abuse.

If only someone had said, "Enough!"

If only.....

Zahra, as you fly with the angels, please know that this very sad Nana would have loved you, would have protected you, and would have provided you with a home wherein you could have thrived. I would have loved you for your spirit, for your determination, for your drive to make the most of the hand that you had been dealt. I would have loved you unconditionally, forever and always.

I will never forget you, little Zahra Clare Baker. Your face is forever etched in my heart.

Morning friends.Sorry some of you didn't get sleep. I was able to sleep but not long enough.What a day yesterday was. I feel beat up.I'm going to grab a book and climb back into bed and take a nap.I hope everyone is hanging in.Hugs.

Yes, that's me out of here for the weekend too. Going to clean up my house then spend the rest of the day in my recently very neglected yard (it's been raining a lot here lately, my excuse and I'm stick to it) getting it prepped for the winter awaiting a renewal of growth and life in the Spring.

I woke up this morning hoping this was all just a bad dream. Unfortunately, it is not. :cry:

Strength, comfort, and peace to all who have been working so tirelessly for this precious little angel. :grouphug:

Not only do we feel this emotional toll, can we evenimagine what all LE
and related workers are going through?
God bless them, finding a horrific crime scene, gruesome discoveries of the remains of a child.
Dealing with the sub humans that did this morbid crime against Zahra.

I have watched a lot of news coverage and trials, beginning in 1978 when 24 month old Amy Sue Seitz disappeared just miles from where I was living - she was kidnapped out of her aunts home, raped, tortured and murdered. The animal who did this had been out of prison for 6 weeks (for raping a four year old) he had spent over half his adult life in various state prisons for horrific crimes against children (he was 23 the 1st time he was caught).

I have NEVER seen LEOs as devastated by any crime, as what these officers have been through and what they have found in the crimes against Zahra. My heart has broken again, watching them. IDK if we have even absorbed what they know or believe, at this time.

I am a total newshound, but sit here and look and the only thing I'm interested in reading about is Zahra and no new information. I am still completely numb and shocked by this whole series of events. It eats at me that we don't know more and that Adam isn't locked up. I just can't conceive of the possiblity that he isn't involved. It just doesn't make sense. I feel at very loose ends, not quite knowing what to do with myself. I can't seem to think about anything else.

I have been doing the same - just staring at the screen like it was going to make it go away or make it change.

I waited 5 days after getting home to go pick up groceries - subsisting on stale crackers till I felt ill. (found my family had eaten a lot of frozen dinners and take out while I was gone). And now, while I'm relieved that she is no longer scattered - I am devastated that anyone could do this to a child - especially to a valiant winner at life, such as Zahra. How... there are no words.

I think we should all make a big pot of soup. I'm thinking I will use whatever I have in the fridge and pantry. Put it on the stove on low and later have some hot soup and warm bread. Something my Mom would tell me to do when I'm feeling sick or sad. Make some soup she would say.Hugs to you all.

Great idea for a thread! And yes, this case has taken a definite toll on my emotions. My youngest son turned 12 this week. When he was born in a scheduled C-section in 1998, he wasn't breathing due to acute meconium aspiration syndrome. He spent six weeks in the NICU with tubes down his throat and in his chest, and an IV in his sweet little head. For three weeks, it was a "touch and go" situation and the doctors could "make no promises" that he would live...finally he improved and came home on 24-hour oxygen and breathing treatments- also an apnea monitor. Many times the wires from the monitor would get pulled/tangled as he slept...as long as I live, I will never, EVER forget hearing that screeching alarm go off at 3 or 4 am!! I would bolt up from sleep and RUN to him, terrified that he had died. Thanks be to God, he was finally taken off the oxygen, etc. after six months, and today he is a bright, happy and healthy child. He doesn't have a whole lot of material things, but he never whines; in fact, he has a beautiful outlook in life, full of optimism, kindness, and many, many ((hugs)) for his mother- me. So he decided a while back that what he wanted for his birthday was an Ipod "touch." They cost over $200, which right now is a LOT of money for us- a LOT. But, damn it, I was DETERMINED to get that Ipod for him!! My boyfriend, who we live with, is currently unemployed and doing any and everything to put food on the table- he was willing to pawn a lot of his work tools/equipment to get that Ipod, as he grew up poor and knows what it is like to rarely if ever get something special for his b'day. I told him to hold off on the pawn shop, as he needs his tools, but he scraped together $50.00 to go towards the gift. So as of Monday of this week, we had a whole $50 down, and about$180.00 to go, and Colton's birthday was Wednesday. I decided to ask his Dad, who lives in another state and also my sister and one more relative who usually sends a $10.00 b'day check to him- well it was hard, but I asked them to all put whatever they could on our prepaid Wal-mart VISA, lol, to go toward the gift. They were all wonderful, and by Tuesday we had almost $200.00!! I have to admit that the thought of robbing a bank crossed my mind a wee bit- : ) - but I got a grip on myself, lol, and decided I'd rather continue reading/posting on WS, as opposed to 'starring' in my own little thread ("Mom robs bank to get her son an Ipod"!!) Colton has a half-brother, my older son, 22, in his senior year of college. They have different dads, and my older son Evan is lucky to have wealthy grandparents. So I called Evan and explained the situation and he was like, "Don't worry, Mom, I'm on it!" And this is highly unusual for Evan, who, despite being an "A" student is also an even worse procrastinator than me! I know he loves his brother but I wasn't counting on him to follow through... Well, imagine my shock when Evan comes to our door, unannounced, on Colton's b'day, carrying a beautifully wrapped Ipod for his brother! Turns out, he wheedled/conned/begged our case to his rich-but-miserly Dad's family and came up with enough $$ to buy the Ipod all by himself, and he didn't even want my money! I guess my POINT here, lol, is that Colton has a lot of people who care about him including me, my boyfriend, my sister, and Evan- we all worked as a team to ensure that this child WOULD NOT BE LET DOWN on his 12th birthday (he has been let down a lot in the past, due to financial problems). As a result, my son had the BEST birthday he's ever had- he's on cloud nine. So I think of Zahra, who had basically nothing, in terms of people loving and pulling together for her. Forget electronics- this child didn't even have a loving and protective mother/mother figure in her life, something we ALL need, especially at only TEN years of age... How isolated she must have felt being pulled out of school, which I imagine was the ONE place she felt loved and welcomed. I have had a recurring staph infection in my right tibia for years, and I KNOW just how EXCRUCIATING limb/infection pain can be. But little Zahra was not even "allowed" to get medical attention/monitoring due to her sorry set of so-called "parents." How lonely she must have felt, all alone in her "attic prison"!! I am certain that having friends was not 'permitted', oh GOD FORBID this child had a slumber party!! Isolating a human being is beyond cruel, but the Bakers didn't care. Yes, I have thought of/worried over/prayed for Zahra every night since the news of her 'disappearance' broke and I pray to God that she wasn't in pain for weeks, all alone and suffering; I hope her death was quick, but I doubt it. My own family is struggling financially right now, and I am far from being a "perfect" mother, and yet we have love for one another, and especially for our youngest member, Colton, who literally fought to breathe and live for almost a year after he was born. I just wish that Zahra could have felt even a little bit of the love we feel for my baby boy (he may be 12 now, but to me he's ALWAYS my BABY!!). The "village" of people who love him busted a-- and came together this week to ensure him a wonderful birthday; we are all so grateful and joyous that he is alive after what he went thru as an infant. And then there's precious Zahra, two hearing aids and a prosthesis, always smiling in her pics- HER 'caretakers' chose to see her as a burden, I guess. I wish she could have at least experienced a real mother's- and father's love before she died. I wish she could have known what it was like to feel TRULY cherished and loved. I am so sorry, little girl, that you were treated so badly... horrifically, to be truthful. I hope you receive all the love in heaven that you were so heartlessly denied on earth. Shame, shame, SHAME on the Bakers!!:furious:

Thank You beautiful girl for giving me the courage to reach out and contact the man that abused me and to try to understand why. I did reach out and just feel lucky I'm alive and feel sorry for him and grateful to you for the courage to do so. He did want to kill me. I'm happy to hear him say that. I'm so sorry Angel that you are gone and I'm still alive. I would have protected you. You have touched my soul. Thank You.

It sort of takes some of the demon out of the past when you can see your abuser as a flawed human and not the powerful monster they once were doesn't it.

The past won't change. The abuse can't be undone. The bell can never be unrung. But to be able to look back, with some distance, and see the monster as just a man, a not great one albeit, but a man. It helps.

{{you}}

The act of courage it took to make that call and have that conversation makes me so proud of you.

Sorry if this is off topic, but in a way, Zahra and these emotional days following our quest to bring her home was the catalist for the call. So in a way, it is totally ON topic.

I must have gotten everything out of my system yesterday, because this morning I woke up with clear head and clear purpose. My heartache serves me (and that's perfectly fine), but now it's time to set that aside and do what I can to serve Zahra.

It sort of takes some of the demon out of the past when you can see your abuser as a flawed human and not the powerful monster they once were doesn't it.

The past won't change. The abuse can't be undone. The bell can never be unrung. But to be able to look back, with some distance, and see the monster as just a man, a not great one albeit, but a man. It helps.

{{you}}

The act of courage it took to make that call and have that conversation makes me so proud of you.

Sorry if this it of topic, but in a way, Zahra and these emotional days following our quest to bring her home was the catalist for the call. So in a way, it is totally ON topic.

O/T and BBM

Sometimes I am honestly amazed by how closely you and I arrive at things, TL. Almost lock-step. :)

good afternoon WSers! I got my drunk on last night (at home, as promised, no driving) and woke up with a horrific headache. Oh well, no pity for self inflicted ills!

But I too, got it out of my system. Ready to move on to a new quest now that our gal's been located. Now, lets move into the next phase, JUSTICE!

I know this sounds immature,but my heart aches. I believe in God. I just thru my tears keep asking "Why"? Evil seems so powerful and we are so frail....

I think we should all make a big pot of soup. I'm thinking I will use whatever I have in the fridge and pantry. Put it on the stove on low and later have some hot soup and warm bread. Something my Mom would tell me to do when I'm feeling sick or sad. Make some soup she would say.Hugs to you all.

Hi Ella... just wanted to say that I really like you! What a great idea, that is! I also want to say how much I love everyone here at WS's. I really don't know very many people in my real life that would understand what we do. They would have to be here to understand that we are a group of people that TRULY grieve to the point of being physically sick for these children - and in many cases, adults - who are victims of crime. But you know what? I see the best of humanity here. I see people who have been victims of horrible crimes themselves trudging through cases like this. I see those same people make beautiful statements of hope and support - such as "we should make a pot of soup". Thanks to all of you for helping me through this case.

nice thread. I post a little here and there and my emtions sometime take a few sentences of a post. I do not know if correct to do so on a specific thread.

The emotional toll is so much a roller coaster. I have had hope, I had lost hope, I have had suspicions on what happened, I have laid in bed at night wondering how this could happen, I have been nervous that they would never ever find her and be able to give a deffinate answer as to if remains were even found.

I have looked at EB in pure horror as the look of evil and meaness fills her face. I have looked at and listened to AB and it made me pure sick to my stomach to hear all of the NON concern and his bit of laughter on the 911 call. I have thought to myself how he does not deseve to breathe the same air as we do.

I have looked at ED and cried as she told the little of her emotions.

Today my emotions are ANGRY.. I am so MAD (yes still heartbroken) but I am so mad that anyone could do anything like this to a child. The monsters of this world is there no ending for it.... a child is precious.. how dare they.. especially being that ED would of gladly taken her child.

I am so angry now that they have the "right to remain silent" if charged.. no I want the truth beat out of them. AB and EB are COWARDS to kill a child and sit back and let LE look for her bones.. if they have one ounce of any level of being anywhere close to a human being may they just tell the truth NOW..

Cowards they are. I bet there is no history of AB having run in with men.. no he rather abuse a little girl and allow the step mother to do so also. AB may he suffer so bad behind bars for years to come. I know they say that child killers are often the target of horrible violence in prison.. I hope and pray that he experiences that each and every second he is behind bars.

If my post is rambleing or too much personal feelings I am sorry.. but i am just so sickened and mad.. how could they do that.. I have my own kids and limited funds and a small home but to save a child from abuse I would gladly take in any child that needed help... why could they of just given her to her mother, the state or family..

why .. just why did this happen.

Zhara... oh my heart aches for you right now. My eyes filled with tears. I know that you are in peace now.. I am going to direct all of my heartfelt good wished to you mommy who loves you very much... Zhara please KNOW that there are many people who do care...

Hi Ella... just wanted to say that I really like you! What a great idea, that is! I also want to say how much I love everyone here at WS's. I really don't know very many people in my real life that would understand what we do. They would have to be here to understand that we are a group of people that TRULY grieve to the point of being physically sick for these children - and in many cases, adults - who are victims of crime. But you know what? I see the best of humanity here. I see people who have been victims of horrible crimes themselves trudging through cases like this. I see those same people make beautiful statements of hope and support - such as "we should make a pot of soup". Thanks to all of you for helping me through this case.

"We should make a pot of soup" is now the way I'm going to remind all of us to be kind to ourselves through this. (That makes me smile!) :)

I watched Nancy Grace tonight and was in near tears listening to that woman talk about how EB used to beat Zahra by punching her back. It's just to much to handle. I feel so bad. :( I got tears again.

I watched Nancy Grace tonight and was in near tears listening to that woman talk about how EB used to beat Zahra by punching her back. It's just to much to handle. I feel so bad. :( I got tears again.

Take heart friend...

Elesa Annette Baker "KARMA is such a wonderful thing, eventually it will get the people who deserve it, for that I can’t wait. When it happens, I will point and laugh."

February 15 at 1:07pm via Status Shuffle
http://www.facebook.com/elesa.young?v=wall#!/elesa.young?v=wall

And remember.. Life is an echo. Everything comes back. The good, the evil, the truth the false. Karma spares no one.

:praying: Praying for Emily.. on this day, Zahra's birthday. My you find pace and comfort knowing that your Angel, is finally back in your arms.

I'm having a hard time with "happy birthday". This wonderful child should have been surrounded by people who loved her today...excitedly opening presents and blowing out candles on her birthday cake. She SHOULD have been the center of attention today as a celebration of her life. Instead, we have this.

Just SO wrong!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back