Emotional Toll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just want to give a shout-out to everyone here. We are often misunderstood by our families, and if you are like me - you question your own sanity from time to time. I have to take small breaks too every now and then. I still find myself thinking of Zahra and I am still hurt and angry enough to find myself crying in random places. Ya'll don't really know me, but it takes a He!! of a lot to make me cry. I am not one of those weepy creatures that cries over a movie or something. I am determined to find a place inside of me that rises above everything life ever throws at me - just like Zahra did. She is my idol now, and ALWAYS will be!!! Has anyone heard from Ellaxxx lately? I can't remember the exact numbers that followed her name - 967 perhaps??? I was worried about her too.... this case hit her hard.

Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving,

I just wanted to say that I am so amazed at the amount of heart and soul that everyone puts so lovingly into this website. I have been through the ringer with my emotions due to this case. I just feel like there is so much more to be done. Then there is also nothing that we can do based on the fact that we have to wait for LE. (Don't get me wrong I do truly understand) Just wish things would go a little faster then they are right now. I dream about resolutions and then only to wake up and realize it was a dream. I can only imagine how some of you must feel after years of following horrendous cases like these. My hats off to you all! I appreciate you and am thankful for all of you.

I am so sorry for this little girl and the grief turns to anger a lot because there has been no vindication for Z and I know it is just wrong to think that I just want them to hang for what they did to her. I am so sorry for feeling so angry...not hurt anyone angry, of course just justice angry. I am a criminal justice major and I see and hear of things all the time that just hurt my heart. But Z has struck a cord with me and I really can not for the life of me rationalize it in my head. This just hurts my heart! Hence the screen name. I hope and pray for a quick and speedy trial once they get them both in jail. I also hope that (even though I should not) that they get put in the gen. population in what ever correctional facility they end up in. Let the other inmates handle the situation for a while. I am not an evil person but these kids do not deserve the abuse and torture that they endure on a daily basis before there little bodies just give up and stop fighting it any more. I hate to say this but I know that Z is better off where she is. She is with GOD hurting no more, she may not ever remember what has happened to her because there is no pain in heaven and if she remembered would that not cause her pain. She does not remember I think. And trust me she has enough of us here in the mortal world to remember for her. We will never, ever, ever forget her. And will always love her.

Sorry for the long rant but this holiday has been pretty difficult, I was unable to see my children for working and there are all these people with these angels that see them and abuse them and mistreat them daily. I would have loved to have half a day with my angels. I miss them so. Any way sorry and if it was off topic I apologize completely...think I just needed to vent. I feel a little better now. Thank you all for listening.:blushing:

Regarding the memorial service Thursday, for any and all who are looking for ways to help remember Zahra, her spirit, and the spirits of children everywhere just like her:

<The family has asked that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made in Zahra's name to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. >

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/11/27/828401/service-for-slain-hickory-girl.html#ixzz16VtHl02N

Please repost this wherever it might be useful in the forum- with so many threads, it's tough to know the right place to post.​

I hope I get this posted right. I made this video today just because I felt compelled to do it. The song is "Universal Child" by Annie Lennox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7kytCzBxd8

Off to church. I'll check in later to see what y'all think of it.

Just came across this thread (Thanks Reannan for starting it- I join you in your emotional roller coaster- I usually love roller coasters but not in these cases), and then this post. Wow, NcMomma, haunting and beautiful. Thank you so much for making this and sharing it with us at WS.

I too am heartbroken. I only wish that God had somehow given me the opportunity to meet this young child and know her before her life was ended so despicably. Had I been given the chance, I would have so gladly wrapped my arms around her and carried her away with me. I have been on so very many ups and downs since the beginning, as have all of us. Most recently I have found myself pacing anxiously while awaiting the next steps of the LE and or word from the local press.

I know this waiting game is very nearly unbearable. I am, sadly, becoming used to it. This period of quiet after the finding and before the legal wrangling begins in earrnest. All I can impart is my own experiences. Even after all the waits on all the cases I followed here thus far, this part, this waiting, never gets any easier.

Hugs to all as we start pulling out our hair in hopes of some sort of charges relating to Zahra being filed someday soon.

I know this waiting game is very nearly unbearable. I am, sadly, becoming used to it. This period of quiet after the finding and before the legal wrangling begins in earrnest. All I can impart is my own experiences. Even after all the waits on all the cases I followed here thus far, this part, this waiting, never gets any easier.

Hugs to all as we start pulling out our hair in hopes of some sort of charges relating to Zahra being filed someday soon.

Well, I hate to be bossy, but I'm really going to have to insist that we get charges this week. ;)

You get right on telling them that, Kat.

Just don't tell em WS sent ya, k?

Can we tell 'em Oriah sent ya? ;)

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. "

Zahra, it's tough holding out but this is what we gotta do I think. Hang on folks...I do believe LE is working really hard on this.

You mean we can't say 'WS says you better get your s**t together and take these people down?' Darn. Rules, rules, rules. LOL

lol @ our silly behinds. So glad we have this emotional release thread for the sillies. We need them soooooo badly.

HOw bout my mother is bigger than YOUR mother and she says!!!

ETA oh my , lol, the sillies have taken hold in the emotional thread :)

Yeah, well my mother wears combat boots!

ETA: Oh, and she's retired LE!

:floorlaugh:

picturing your mother in combat boots!

Yeah -dangit@!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads