Enter new thread ideas here! (All new threads must be approved)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread discussing the key players (that was merged) is getting huge! Perhaps we can have a thread for each juror that speaks out so we can discuss THEIR individual media interviews??

I think 'Beach is working on that theme and we'll be seeing that topic in the near future.

I just saw Jesse Grund's father on with Vinnie Politan. He said this isn't over, they have no closure, Jesse's life has been ruined and their family severely disrupted. The interview gave me the impression that he is actively seeking legal counsel and options to proceed. He said "this isn't over by a long shot." GOOD.

It was a good detailed interview. I'm sure lots here saw it. I think Jesse deserves and will need his own thread in that regard (legal action) in the future whenever it's timely.

I'll bet you a case of root beer that there's a thread in here about Jesse Grund already that you could bump up and start this discussion.

What about the role of talk shows, "legal analysts," NG and her ilk, etc., who gulled the public into thinking this was an open-and-shut case, thereby contributing to mass confusion and anger when the jury brought in its verdict?

Threads with this kind of theme are tough and that's because they tend to turn into a bash fest. Everyone is still very very angry. I think this is a good topic to discuss when some of the shock and anger begins to subside a little bit.

Threads with this kind of theme are tough and that's because they tend to turn into a bash fest. Everyone is still very very angry. I think this is a good topic to discuss when some of the shock and anger begins to subside a little bit.

Agreed.

BTW, I thought I mentioned this before but I can't find the post for some reason. We have put a filter in this forum so that new threads can't be started without mod permission. This is just a temporary measure until things settle down some and so the mods won't all start screaming and never stop. :noooo:

could there be an online petition or movement promising to boycott any of the networks that give casey any $$ or airtime?!

i think people are very serious about their disgust for this evil person & her heinous crime.

when the news of the verdict broke the ladies on 'the talk' were near tears & sick about the injustice. this is a true outrage!

MODS please open a thread for people who want to do something positive about this trial and verdict. a discussion on how we can petetion to change laws and courtroom procedure. I really want ideas on how to fight for the following laws
1. forbidding unproven accustions against others to defend oneself during a trial
2. working towards having a courtroom moniter in deliberations and having them videotaped for the judges review if necessary
3. figuring out how to inact a professional juror as foreman
4. making sure perjury if proven being prosecuted
5. working on a law that prohibits jurors from making $ discussing their verdict
i want a focus on a change in the system. how the defense put GA on trial when he was charged with nothing blew me away. he should be allowed to sue for defamation of chartacter (even tho his hedgyness probably won the aquittal) and so should jesse grund or anyone else who had a finger pointed their way.
6. a law making sure a "new" confession during a trial can be charged and it would not be double jepordy. when Casey admitted to being there during drowing drowing and not rendering aid new charges should be allowed to for not rendering aid ect ect.

please start a thread so we can find a way to band together and change the things we are angry about. this is America and we have the power to make changes

Mods PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a thread for this. We NEED something positive to come out of this mess!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Mods PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a thread for this. We NEED something positive to come out of this mess!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

It is being reviewed by upper management. Remember, we have to be very very careful about what is supported here. It's not our necks on the line, it's the owner.

Caylee Anthony Memorial Park

Just a thought here, but what if we were to (as a conglomerate) donate money to a fund for the purchase of the land on Suburban Dr. and make a botanical garden out of it. I can see floral shrubs with tall shade oaks and whimsical little statues like "Pooh" in the middle of little fountains and lily pads. A place to reflect or to take a purple balloon and let it go as a gesture of her memory. I've had this idea for a while but, didn't think it was the time to present it. It might not be realistic but I would be willing to look into it.

could there be an online petition or movement promising to boycott any of the networks that give casey any $$ or airtime?!

i think people are very serious about their disgust for this evil person & her heinous crime.

when the news of the verdict broke the ladies on 'the talk' were near tears & sick about the injustice. this is a true outrage!

We've had a ton of requests for a Websleuths boycott. None are being approved at this time.

I wish we had more CA threads like this one from mrsu: "For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand." That's perfectly titled and encourages understanding and a sense of equanimity, two things which I've always found to be keys to what makes WS great. (I've been trying to think of more like this, but - no luck so far; mrsu deserves an award for this thread!)

I would like to see a thread started asking all of our lovely WS'ers if they're planning to protest ICA's release at the OC courthouse on July 13th?

I'd also like to know if anyone is planning a vigil/memorial on Caylee's birthday next month. It would be wonderful to meet up in Orlando and do something special together to remember Caylee.

Caylee Anthony Memorial Park

Just a thought here, but what if we were to (as a conglomerate) donate money to a fund for the purchase of the land on Suburban Dr. and make a botanical garden out of it. I can see floral shrubs with tall shade oaks and whimsical little statues like "Pooh" in the middle of little fountains and lily pads. A place to reflect or to take a purple balloon and let it go as a gesture of her memory. I've had this idea for a while but, didn't think it was the time to present it. It might not be realistic but I would be willing to look into it.

We've had so many requests from many many cases like this and they are very touching. But WS is not a donation spot. There are only rare cases that donation requests are approved and they must be verified as legitimate non-profits, among other things. IIRC, only TES and KlaasKids have ever been approved as groups that WS endorses for donations.

I would like to see a thread started asking all of our lovely WS'ers if they're planning to protest ICA's release at the OC courthouse on July 13th?

I'd also like to know if anyone is planning a vigil/memorial on Caylee's birthday next month. It would be wonderful to meet up in Orlando and do something special together to remember Caylee.

We do not endorse protests here. Ever.

Our TOS does discuss get-togethers:

Contacting other members to meet in Real Life:

While members are always free to contact each other to meet in person, via telephone, or in other ways, Websleuths will in no way be responsible for any actions or events arising from such contact. Websleuths staff does not read or otherwise monitor Private Messages and has no way to monitor private emails, telephone calls or other such communications. It is up to each individual member to decide if they desire such contact and the resultant loss of anonymity. Websleuths neither condemns nor condones such meetings and it is up to the individual members to decide if they wish to get together.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Can we start a thread in which phone numbers and contact information are provided for all the media sites we can find? If they pay Casey or Baez for anything we can complain to them? I googled and found the number for Fox, for example.

We've had so many requests from many many cases like this and they are very touching. But WS is not a donation spot. There are only rare cases that donation requests are approved and they must be verified as legitimate non-profits, among other things. IIRC, only TES and KlaasKids have ever been approved as groups that WS endorses for donations.

I'm sorry Kimster. I wasn't as clear as I could have been. When I said (as a conglomerate), I wasn't referring to WS'ers, I was referring to anyone that may be a receptive audience. I was also kind of looking for opinions on the whole idea. I believe the Harry P. Leu Gardens in Colonialtown (section of Orlando) is owned and maintained by the City of Orlando. Since Caylee's case is near and dear to Orlando's heart, they may....just may be receptive to it. I know the land is available for purchase at present.

Can we start a thread in which phone numbers and contact information are provided for all the media sites we can find? If they pay Casey or Baez for anything we can complain to them? I googled and found the number for Fox, for example.

No because that would be endorsing a boycott. Whatever you guys do on your own is your business, but Websleuths is not endorsing or getting involved in any boycotting.

I'm sorry Kimster. I wasn't as clear as I could have been. When I said (as a conglomerate), I wasn't referring to WS'ers, I was referring to anyone that may be a receptive audience. I was also kind of looking for opinions on the whole idea. I believe the Harry P. Leu (sp?) is owned and maintained by the City of Orlando. Since Caylee's case is near and dear to Orlando's heart, they may....just may be receptive to it. I know the land is available for purchase at present.

At this time, the only thing we are endorsing is Caylee's Law.

How about a thread about funny things during this case to lighten the mood? I have a funny story. I know this is all tragic, but I'm trying to help.

How about a thread about funny things during this case to lighten the mood? I have a funny story. I know this is all tragic, but I'm trying to help.

That's sweet of you! I don't know if everyone is ready for that yet. Members, if you see this and would like a thread like this at this time, thank this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member