Ethiopian Air ET302, Boeing 737 crashes - 157 souls - 10 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
346 people are now (more than likely) dead in 4 months from this one kind of aircraft.

Here is what came out after Lion Air went down:

Boeing Issues Safety Warning After a Fatal 737 MAX Nosedive

Here is the link to the actual directive they released. Because expecting pilots to process that while their plane is NOSE DIVING is totally reasonable?!

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgad.nsf/0/83ec7f95f3e5bfbd8625833e0070a070/$FILE/2018-23-51_Emergency.pdf

I have a headache. I am SO upset right now. In that Lion Air thread we SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN. Why didn't they ground the planes and FIX THEM?!

Last edited:
On the CNN video in the initial link, they are saying that the plane MAY have tried to make some sort of emergency landing. Hopefully I completely jumped the gun and this was not a nose dive at all. That would be amazing. They lost contact 6 minutes after take off. In fact, all 4 of the 737-800's have gone down shortly after takeoff.

Ethiopian Airlines (@flyethiopian) | Twitter

The Boeing 737-800MAX is the same type of plane as the Indonesian Lion Air jet that crashed last October, 13 minutes after takeoff from Jakarta, killing all 189 people on board.

The last major accident involving an Ethiopian Airlines passenger plane was a Boeing 737-800 that exploded after taking off from Lebanon in 2010, killing 83 passengers and seven crew.

Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes, deaths reported

The (2010) plane crashed in similar circumstances to a Kenya Airways plane that came down in Cameroon in May 2007 killing all 114 people on board.

British investigators say Ethiopian Airlines plane crash 'similar' to earlier disaster

Whoa!
If this is that same plane like the one that we talked about before where it has that faulty new anti-stall "feature" where a part of the feature thinks the plane is climbing too sharply so it forces the nose down and then when pilots try to pull the plane back up, then the feature kicks in again to force it back down. So the plane porpoises up and down like a dolphin until it crashes.

I said in the last one that authorities need to just permanently disable this new "feature" because pilots dont know how to turn it off when it starts happening. Or they dont have enough time to turn it off.

I think this is the same issue unless I am thinking of the wrong previous incident.

Too early to tell what happened right now, but it will be real interesting as the news comes out to see if this plane had similar trouble as the last one.

Last edited:
Whoa!
If this is that same plane like the one that we talked about before where it has that faulty new anti-stall "feature" where a part of the feature thinks the plane is climbing too sharply so it forces the nose down and then when pilots try to pull the plane back up, then the feature kicks in again to force it back down. So the plane porpoises up and down like a dolphin until it crashes.

I said in the last one that authorities need to just permanently disable this new "feature" because pilots dont know how to turn it off when it starts happening. Or they dont have enough time to turn it off.

I think this is the same issue unless I am thinking of the wrong previous incident.

Keep reading.... it's absolutely nuts.
No confirmation on the cause of the crash yet, but it's an identical plane.

Ethiopian Airlines flight crashes, all 157 on board killed, including 18 Canadians | CBC News
"Ethiopian Airlines said those killed included 32 Kenyans, 18 Canadians, nine Ethiopians, eight Americans, eight Chinese and eight Italians. The victims were from more than 30 countries, including India, Britain, the Netherlands, France, Egypt, Russia and Israel.

Flight ET 302 crashed near the town of Bishoftu, 62 kilometres southeast of the capital Addis Ababa, the airline said, confirming the plane was a Boeing 737 MAX 8, registration number ET-AVJ."

One of my Canadian peeps who is employed with the United Nations flies this route regularly as does his peers and my thoughts immediately went to him. We are both Army brats, grew up in Europe together and joined the army ourselves. He is out of the military now. He's just checked in on facebook and his safe, but is stating that some of his peers and co-workers have been lost in this one.

Tragedy. If this was another avoidable tragedy caused by the same glitch the needs to hit the fan in a big way.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families, loved ones and co-workers of those innocent souls lost in this tragic event.

Social media rumours are swirling. (We are allowed to mention that in general, right?). The US Embassy of Ethiopia put out an alert two days ago (March 8th) specifically advising government personnel not to arrive at or depart from Bole airport on March 10th. This had to do with protests at Meskel Square in Addis Ababa, a good 20 minute drive from the airport. Security Alert – Demonstration in Meskel Square and the Oromia Region (8 March, 2019) | U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia

People on social media are having a lot of thoughts about this.

The alert was updated on March 9th to reflect that government travelers are from then on okayed to use the airport again, but that's not calming anyone down. Security Alert: Addis Ababa | U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia

Live updates: Ethiopian Airlines 737 plane crashes, killing everyone on board - CNN
What we know about the 157 total victims

By Laura Perez Maestro

Ethiopian Airlines says there are no survivors after a Boeing 737 crashed near Addis Ababa in Ethiopia on Sunday morning. The airline believes there were 149 passengers and eight crew members on board the flight.

The victims are of 35 different nationalities, an airline spokeswoman says, including:

• 32 Kenya
  • 18 Canada
  • 9 Ethiopia
  • 8 China
  • 8 Italy
  • 8 USA
  • 7 France
  • 7 UK
  • 6 Egypt
  • 5 Germany
  • 4 India
  • 4 Slovakia
  • 3 Austria
  • 3 Russia
  • 3 Sweden
  • 2 Spain
  • 2 Israel
  • 2 Morocco
  • 2 Poland
  • 1 Belgium
  • 1 Djibouti
  • 1 Indonesia
  • 1 Ireland
  • 1 Mozambique
  • 1 Norway
  • 1 Rwanda
  • 1 Saudi
  • 1 Sudan
  • 1 Somalia
  • 1 Serbia
  • 1 Togo
  • 1 Uganda
  • 1 Yemen
  • 1 Nepal
  • 1 Nigeria
  • 1 UN passport
5de527fa-df3b-4877-b83b-1540f2c89b13.jpg

The flight was headed from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Nairobi, Kenya.

I can just state that there was more than the one UN on the plane. Perhaps only one travelling on their UN passport rather than their national passport. So many nations affected. So many families affected. Unreal.

I am wondering which Boeing Plant this particular aircraft is manufactured at. Boeing has been around for so long that people just think they are THE DEAL when it comes to plane manufacturing. That reputation is worldwide. Most people do not realize that Boeing has gone through a LOT of changes over the last decade or so. I lived in KC for many years. Boeing has split up into several different plants around the nation over the years. Mostly because of money and tax incentives given to attract jobs in places like Seattle, WA. The original Boeing plant used for over 85 years closed in Wichita, KS. IMO the long and short of it is that there are a LOT of people working on these planes that are not all that seasoned with the same levels of experience.

JMO

3878899.jpg

{Where is CARIS?}

Boeing to Open Its First 737 Plant in China Under Shadow of a Trade War
Bloomberg News
December 13, 2018, 5:00 PM CST Updated on December 14, 2018, 4:00 AM CST
  • Planemaker will inaugurate its Zhoushan center on Saturday
  • Company depends on sprawling market as Trump stokes tensions

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

GOOD GRIEF!
Don't forget! Don't bring anything even remotely Political to this thread.

JMO

Boeing 737 MAX 8 in second crash in months

The MAX versions of the 737s are touted for their LEAP jet engines which Boeing says "redefine the future of efficient and environmentally friendly air travel." Boeing says the 737 MAX jets are 10% to 12% more efficient that their predecessors.

The plane that crashed on Sunday morning was delivered to Ethiopian Airlines in November. It was one of five active MAX 8 aircrafts belonging to the airline, and another was on order, according to the website PlaneSpotters, which tracks aircraft orders.

The MAX versions of the 737s are touted for their LEAP jet engines which Boeing says "redefine the future of efficient and environmentally friendly air travel." Boeing says the 737 MAX jets are 10% to 12% more efficient that their predecessors.

The plane that crashed on Sunday morning was delivered to Ethiopian Airlines in November. It was one of five active MAX 8 aircrafts belonging to the airline, and another was on order, according to the website PlaneSpotters, which tracks aircraft orders.

Thanks, I wondered if it was the same plane

First British victim of Ethiopian Airlines flight named as UN worker, 36, whose father warned her not to catch doomed flight as jet's erratic last seconds are revealed after it crashed killing 150

Ethiopian Airlines plane on its way to Nairobi crashes with 157 people on board | Daily Mail Online

From the article: "The Boeing 737 Max 8 jet crashed within minutes of its take-off from Addis Ababa, losing and gaining speed dramatically in its final seconds after setting off for Nairobi. "

To a layperson like me that seems to add up with the known 737-800 Max problem...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back