Evelyn Wanek

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
See Post #10

Self: Evelyn R. b. 2-11-1906 d.12-31-1992 (San Mateo CA)

:)

Thanks. IIRC she never married and records did not indicate she had children. Most of the family info is within the thread here I believe.... if not, do a WS search of the name in this forum for the info on EW. I think she had some siblings and last I recall not sure if their children were searched or not..... or, IIRC, the few people we had found that might have been possible matches, I am unsure if we linked them as relatives to EW or not. I read more than I did research on EW because at the time a few others were doing that research.

hth

Are we still interested in finding her family or friends? I found one EW, no age displayed but for Pacifia CA. If it sounds like it is worth looking into I will.

I have two to choose from, one in Pacifica and one in San Franciso. I did a small one on the one from Pacifica and got an address but no phone number or age. So I don't know if this is the right one to do a background check on?????

She was the one in Pacifica IIRC. I thought I posted somewhere.... that the discussion on Evelyn was started back in searching for Anna part 2 (IIRC). I think we were unable to find any relatives of hers who had offspring that were adopted that would have matched a possible Anna.

What we were basically unsure of is what the relationship was between her and the two G's. She had a patent for something too that we found.... I'd kind of put this off to the side for a lul time to further research.... JMO

and thank you!

Are we still interested in finding her family or friends? I found one EW, no age displayed but for Pacifia CA. If it sounds like it is worth looking into I will.

Bringing back from the beginning of the EW Thread which Interested posted:

A little more genealogical information on Evelyn Wanek

Maybe Joe Ford or Annasmom will reconize a name.

According US census records Evelyn's family lived in North Dakota from at least 1910 to 1930. Death records show her mother, father, and at least one sister also died in CA

Father: Joseph M. Wanek b. 1-27-1873 d. 4-15-1972 (SF CA)
Mother: Barbara (Matuska) b. 6-27-1883 d. 11-30-1981 (SF CA)
Sister: Florence M. b.1905
Sister: Loretta F. (Guidici) b. 10-25-1911 d. 10-19-1995 (Santa Cruz CA)

I haven't been able to trace info on older sister Florence yet

Loretta Frances Wanek married Peter Guidici (both deceased)
children:
David Charles Guidici b.5-16-42 d.10-27-81 (San Mateo CA)
Maureen C. Guidici b.12-7-37 IIRC, we were trying to track down Maureen Guidici, she is Evelyn's neice. See above.

Maureen is still living, married twice, and appears to have a couple step-children, none of her own. If Anna was given to a Wanek family member, Maureen would be a possible choice. IMHO. There was a (now 40 year old) woman living in their household at one time. I believe she was the wife of a step son.

Evelyn's uncle Nick Matuska (b.10-11-1883 d.3-28-1965 Wilkin, MN) lived with the Wanek family for several years. Uncle Nick married in 1911 to Wilma and had 3 daughters (one named Evelyn) and 2 sons in ND by 1930. Not sure when he moved to MN, but his children would all be about the right age to receive a child Anna's age. Nick's WWI draft info lists him as medium height, blue eyes and brown hair

A man by the name of Frank Zitka (b.1868) lived with the Wanek family as a lodger or a servant in the 1930's

Do you know what her married name is now? I did a name search on Maureen G and nothing..... So if I can get a little more to go on maybe we can find her.

Do you know what her married name is now? I did a name search on Maureen G and nothing..... So if I can get a little more to go on maybe we can find her.

~

On Veromi there is a Guidici living in Redwood CA, IIRC, this is the last city EW lived. Correct me if I am wrong. There are, as you may well be aware, several Guidici's in CA. Is there anyone on the westcoast who has an account to call some of these folks and ask if they are related to EW? or better yet, the Guidici's related to the Waneks?

All we need is one person who may recall their Aunt Evelyn..... and have the info we are looking for.

Thanku!

Bringing back from the beginning of the EW Thread which Interested posted:

A little more genealogical information on Evelyn Wanek

Maybe Joe Ford or Annasmom will reconize a name.

According US census records Evelyn's family lived in North Dakota from at least 1910 to 1930. Death records show her mother, father, and at least one sister also died in CA

Father: Joseph M. Wanek b. 1-27-1873 d. 4-15-1972 (SF CA)
Mother: Barbara (Matuska) b. 6-27-1883 d. 11-30-1981 (SF CA)
Sister: Florence M. b.1905
Sister: Loretta F. (Guidici) b. 10-25-1911 d. 10-19-1995 (Santa Cruz CA)

I haven't been able to trace info on older sister Florence yet

Loretta Frances Wanek married Peter Guidici (both deceased)
children:
David Charles Guidici b.5-16-42 d.10-27-81 (San Mateo CA)
Maureen C. Guidici b.12-7-37 IIRC, we were trying to track down Maureen Guidici, she is Evelyn's neice. See above.

Maureen is still living, married twice, and appears to have a couple step-children, none of her own. If Anna was given to a Wanek family member, Maureen would be a possible choice. IMHO. There was a (now 40 year old) woman living in their household at one time. I believe she was the wife of a step son.

Evelyn's uncle Nick Matuska (b.10-11-1883 d.3-28-1965 Wilkin, MN) lived with the Wanek family for several years. Uncle Nick married in 1911 to Wilma and had 3 daughters (one named Evelyn) and 2 sons in ND by 1930. Not sure when he moved to MN, but his children would all be about the right age to receive a child Anna's age. Nick's WWI draft info lists him as medium height, blue eyes and brown hair

A man by the name of Frank Zitka (b.1868) lived with the Wanek family as a lodger or a servant in the 1930's

This post should be cleaned as it is using full names, but that's not why I quoted it.....

Since Nick M is EW's uncle, perhaps Frank Z is also related.
Has anyone done some digging into who this person is?
He would have been in his seventies when he lodged with the W family.
Perhaps a great uncle or a maternal grandfather of Barbara W, who is EW's mother?

What was the reason the W Family moved to Calif?
Did they move there before, after, or at the same time as EW, who iirc was first noted as being in Calif in 1958, and does it even matter? If EW was a next of kin to GB, then perhaps it is.
tia

I found it interesting that EW knew Brody as living at 1156 Sutter (Otis Hotel) and that she knew GW (Jack Wolf) to be living at 630 Geary. The reason I find this strange is that GB was at 1156 Sutter as early as 1967 - that was the address where he received the premium notice for MK while MK was sick. GB supposedly lived with MK at 1006 Noe at this time, but the premium was mailed to 1156 Sutter.

GW lived at 630 Geary in 1972-1973, and lived at home with his family for at least part of 1967 I believe.. that is when Annasmom met GB.

This leads me to believe that GB knew EW before GW did....

I know not if can help, but EW addresses in SF:
1943-nurse h1025 Sutter
1948/9-mgr Nine Sixty Seven Sutter Health Studio r1025 Sutter ; same years also: 967 Sutter
1970- Westlake Physical Therapy 967 Sutter and ditto, Nine Sixty Seven Sutter Health Studio

so very near at 1156 Sutter .....

in 1970 in SF, 1156 Sutter :

Otis Hotel

all the best,
raf

When someone is deceased we have been using full names. I'll ask Tricia if that is appropriate or if we should be using initials with ancestry records we find on people who are no longer living. As far as I know we have only been using initials for people who are still living to protect their privacy.

Will post what I find out.

I confirmed with Tricia full names are OK if the person is deceased.
Hope this clarifies any confusion.

This is Evelyn R Wanek's irrigation devise. Ok Ok.. at the bottom of the page is the Agent's name. Can anyone make out what name this is.. Looks like Sam Ga..scean?

http://brevets-patents.ic.gc.ca/opi...ate=19950211&page=1&scale=50&rotation=0&type=

And for privacy reasons, I suppose a PM will do or just the last name? Cubby is that ok? If we have the last name people can search him?

Thank you! :)

The above is the Canadian Agent.

Here is the American signed copy by lawyers...

http://news.google.com/patents?id=u...gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q=&f=false

SK.

let's see if we can make out - determine the correct last name. I looks like Ga??ean.

If he is still living I can go back and edit the name to initials. In the mean time use the first initial and let's try and figure out the last name.

considering that it is Canadian, it could be a french name which would more likely end in eau

based on the above date (1958) Clearly Brody must have known Evelyn long before he met GW. Especially knowing it was GB who gave GW the 'enema' instructions while he was still married to Annasmom.

I agree, Brody must have know her before the patent was done.. you'd think!

considering that it is Canadian, it could be a french name which would more likely end in eau

Oh for sure! The French connection!!

I'm looking at Gagseau?? First same ....short for Samuel?
LOL!

I'm sure the first name is likely Samuel. I found two legit surnames being Gagneau and Gasteau but nothing indicating a Samuel, Sam or Sam H.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back