Evidence of Heart Shaped Sticker on Duct Tape Destroyed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it was a case of testing for fingerprints or preserving the adhesive then I think that obtaining the fingerprints (if any) were of priority. Not a Bombshell disclosure by any means. But let Baez blather about it for a while, it's all he has.

HELP! I think my post got lost in the detour this thread took earlier this afternoon. I really want to understand this so can someone give me a synopsis or confirmation of the following:

The heart sticker residue on the duct tape was destroyed. Could it/was it sacrificed for the purpose of fingerprint analysis? IOW, when forensic evidence is put thru testing, there is a knowledge that a certain amount will not be recoverable due to testing procedures. Was their a photo taken of it prior to the analysis/destruction of the residue? My initial thoughts are that if it was sacrificed for the analysis, it is a non issue. It's not a mistake or mishandling. Am I off base? What is the general consensus here?

I had been away for several days and trying to catch up.....Thanks!

I think it was sacrificed for the analysis and I'm betting that LE has a picture of it. Just MHO.

Not to mention she was only a seasonal photo booth employee, not one with an office or any reason to step into an office unless it's HR or uniforms or something. That's what sticks in my craw, if she was trying so hard to lead them to Universal in order to get them to watch security tapes then, if she were leading them to a building she didn't have an office in anyways, why wouldn't she take them to the security building? To dismiss everything by saying "Well, she was afraid something bad would happen to her family"- okay, fine, let's say that was true. Well that's not an issue now. If those bad people who killed Caylee are still out there and the reason she can't talk is because of her family's safety- well, it's not like they have jobs or anything. Move, change names, start a new life, and let your daughter clear her name. Use the money from 48 Hours to hire bodyguards. It just does. not. wash.

I'm sorry, that's insanely off topic. I will try to pull it back by saying that I think the FBI knew what they were doing and did the test for prints knowing that the sticker would get destroyed. One more thing, maybe tangential- the heart sticker found on the scene was on a picture frame, have we seen any info on what photo (if any) was in the picture frame?

BBM

Glad you brought up the picture frame. I've been meaning to ask.... do we have a picture of how the heart shaped sticker was affixed to the back of the frame? Do we know if it was affixed in a way that one would possibly place a sticker or was it was haphazardly stuck, as in 'by accident' the two just happened to find themselves stuck to each other?

HELP! I think my post got lost in the detour this thread took earlier this afternoon. I really want to understand this so can someone give me a synopsis or confirmation of the following:

The heart sticker residue on the duct tape was destroyed. Could it/was it sacrificed for the purpose of fingerprint analysis? IOW, when forensic evidence is put thru testing, there is a knowledge that a certain amount will not be recoverable due to testing procedures. Was their a photo taken of it prior to the analysis/destruction of the residue? My initial thoughts are that if it was sacrificed for the analysis, it is a non issue. It's not a mistake or mishandling. Am I off base? What is the general consensus here?

Thanks, Eunice, for saving this thread from being hijacked!!!

As I understand it the first mention of the heart residue was from the writing of the FBI analyst who was applying powder to reveal fingerprints. No picture was taken. It distinctly says, in the document, "No Photo." Whether it was not preserved due to testing procedures or mishandling has not been formally addressed by any proper authorities that I have seen. I will look for an exact link and quote for the first mention/powder procedure.

Not to mention she was only a seasonal photo booth employee, not one with an office or any reason to step into an office unless it's HR or uniforms or something. That's what sticks in my craw, if she was trying so hard to lead them to Universal in order to get them to watch security tapes then, if she were leading them to a building she didn't have an office in anyways, why wouldn't she take them to the security building? To dismiss everything by saying "Well, she was afraid something bad would happen to her family"- okay, fine, let's say that was true. Well that's not an issue now. If those bad people who killed Caylee are still out there and the reason she can't talk is because of her family's safety- well, it's not like they have jobs or anything. Move, change names, start a new life, and let your daughter clear her name. Use the money from 48 Hours to hire bodyguards. It just does. not. wash.

I'm sorry, that's insanely off topic. I will try to pull it back by saying that I think the FBI knew what they were doing and did the test for prints knowing that the sticker would get destroyed. One more thing, maybe tangential- the heart sticker found on the scene was on a picture frame, have we seen any info on what photo (if any) was in the picture frame?

I will get back on topic dont worry. I want to know about this security building.

She can not talk to police now, and you know it. They have made up thier mind.

All the fbi had to do was take a picture of the evidence before it was destroyed.

I will admit that that sticker they found 30 to 40 feet from her skull looked like it was on a piece of cardboard. Not sure where the pic frame is coming from.

reminder to please stay on topic and scroll past OT posts

Fingerprints are left because of the oil in a person's skin. Oil and water don't mix, so it's possible that fingerprints could remain even after a lengthy submersion in water. If you try to remove an oily substance using only water, it's very difficult, if not impossible to do...........some sort of soap or degreaser is necessary.

I'm going by the notes in the report - I'll go back and find the post number so you can read it for yourself. They noted "due to water" but may be just guessing as well - stating a possibility is what I mean to say.

Exactly! And why oh why did LE exclude everyone but Casey?

Where do you see this? Are you talking about one other than the report that is the reason for this thread?

The FBI log states "no prints".

I just sent you a link to the report. Glad to see you back!! :blowkiss:

So if the FBI agent who submitted a report did not take a photo......Did Dr. G and/or LE? I know it matters none at the end of the day and is really distraction on JB's part. IMO, from what I've been able to glean, it is a non issue, and if it was sacrificed for testing, they knew what they were doing and there is a photo somewhere. Testimony as to the residue would come from multiple sources along w/ a photo.

Sorry to ramble......

The duct tape and heart shaped sticker threads are both closed. I'm going to attempt to bring the article regarding the sticker evidence here as I just learned how to do it - this will be a test.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21104174/detail.html

What affect will this have on the Prosecution?

I couldn't copy the para's I needed so here are the first three para's - the best I could do from the link above.

FBI REPORT
Laboratory No.: 081213001 Case ID No.: 7A-TP-711(I messed up - not whole number)

12/12/08 By: EPM - Per telcalls/emails w/CRT* agent Karen Cowan - some items to be brought to Lab on Sat. for testing. Lab agreed to expedite (over weekend) only the items for identification: plus the duct tape for LPOU*. The other items can be delivered, but will be dealt w/during normal working hours.

12/13/08 By: EPM - Copy of OCSO inventory list provided by SA Cowan. No DNAJ on tape vice under water (prev. spoke w/DNAI Pokomk). SA Cowan will send listing of items they have from scenes*.) so units can review & items can be submitted @ one time.

12/13/08 By: EPM - Per TEV* (Shaw). Q59.1 5 hair portions for mito added & 59.2 15 hair roots for DNAI added. TEV transferred on their chgn*. Per LPOU (Fontane) - a heart shape/outline was noticed on tape, but unable to see it after powder process - no photo of EPM image.

There are two more entries - the first one begins with the A's having done landscaping recently, etc.

*If you see *, that means I could not make out a letter but you can look at the link above.

Bringing these here - please read the report/notes which is why this thread is being discussed. Thanks.

Please notice that I tried to type out where the notes point out that the "shape/outline was noticed on tape, but unable to see it after powder process - NO PHOTO of EPM image."

Some evidence photos have been withheld from public release, so it is not known if any other agency took photos that show an outline of a heart on the tape. But there has been no mention of other such photos in any of the discovery released so far.

Lets pray that someone took a pic.

But then again, I don't think it will matter either way. They can always call that FBI agent as a witness correct?

If someone is confused, you can access the link directly above to what I tried to translate - it is translated as close as I could to how it is written. Some of the FBI notes are unclear.

Why is the heart shaped sticker important? In my opinion it is important because the media has been force feeding this tidbit to us for several months i.e. NG a heart shaped sticker placed directly over the mouth

From what I have gathered in this thread, although several people have looked at the duct tape only one tech believed they saw residue in the shape of a heart, and now due to further testing this cannot be proven nor disproven.

Unfortunately for Casey, the media has been stating this as a damning fact for quite some time. If you hear something enough eventually you may start to believe it.

I just think that this and many of the other statements made by the media that are stated unfairly as fact, could hurt Casey's right to a fair trial just my opinion

Woe.be.gone, Thank you. That was an informative read and I would suggest everyone reading it.

Why is the heart shaped sticker important? In my opinion it is important because the media has been force feeding this tidbit to us for several months i.e. NG a heart shaped sticker placed directly over the mouth

From what I have gathered in this thread, although several people have looked at the duct tape only one tech believed they saw residue in the shape of a heart, and now due to further testing this cannot be proven nor disproven.

Unfortunately for Casey, the media has been stating this as a damning fact for quite some time. If you hear something enough eventually you may start to believe it.

I just think that this and many of the other statements made by the media that are stated unfairly as fact, could hurt Casey's right to a fair trial just my opinion

As much as I feel that she is guilty, I honestly want her to get a fair trial. That is what we are ALL entitled to. I just don't think that heart is as important as some would like to believe it is...

When Caylee's remains were found, LE went in there and took a ton of photographs of the crime scene before anything was touched. Then the FBI and OCSO went in and started removing the remains. It took about a week to recover all bones and evidence from the scene, taking pictures of things as they were found, before removal.

As I recall, when the heart-shaped residue was found on the duct tape, detectives went back and found the heart sticker at the scene.

I can't help but think that there has to be pictures of everything.

In regards to the duct tape..........I think you're right that in the process of lifting fingerprints, some of the duct tape will be destroyed. I think it's a good possibility that fingerprints were found on the duct tape.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back