Evidence of Heart Shaped Sticker on Duct Tape Destroyed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I honestly think it became unattached during the heavy rains that the area experienced. It makes sense to me that it floated from the duct tape and landed on the card board randomly.

this is exactly what I have always believed as well.

This is a picture of the sticker and matt board (also referred to as "cardboard").

I honestly think it became unattached during the heavy rains that the area experienced. It makes sense to me that it floated from the duct tape and landed on the card board randomly.

:ty:

This is actually what I think as well. I think it is possible, if that is indeed the SAME sticker that was on the duct tape, that the sticker was originally stuck to the duct tape, but with the storms, rain and not to mention decompositional fluids :S:S the sticker came off, and could possibly settled on the cardboard. It could then have dried well enough to the cardboard to re-adhere for a short while. But As you can see, the sticker is no longer stuck to the card board, possibly suggesting TO ME that it wasn't firmly put there to begin with. Most stickers I have used with my kids are fairly NON transferable. once they are on paper they are there for good without ripping them off. However, Putting a sticker on the backside of some duct tape... Easily removable in my guess, as the back or outside of the duct tape is designed to peel away from duct tape itself. (if that makes sense) Its designed to be not permanently stuck to.. You can peel things off of it EASILY. Is what Im trying to say i guess.

The sticker we saw today. Item 313.Where can I find a picture of it?

I think what JB would want the jurors to believe is that it was only ever stuck to that cardboard and there for could not be a sticker that was EVER stuck to any duct tape.

I wish that the CSI had managed to document the out line of the sticker and get some pics. measurements. There are just so many stickers she had in those boxes.

:ty:

This is actually what I think as well. I think it is possible, if that is indeed the SAME sticker that was on the duct tape, that the sticker was originally stuck to the duct tape, but with the storms, rain and not to mention decompositional fluids :S:S the sticker came off, and could possibly settled on the cardboard. It could then have dried well enough to the cardboard to re-adhere for a short while. But As you can see, the sticker is no longer stuck to the card board, possibly suggesting TO ME that it wasn't firmly put there to begin with. Most stickers I have used with my kids are fairly NON transferable. once they are on paper they are there for good without ripping them off. However, Putting a sticker on the backside of some duct tape... Easily removable in my guess, as the back or outside of the duct tape is designed to peel away from duct tape itself. (if that makes sense) Its designed to be not permanently stuck to.. You can peel things off of it EASILY. Is what Im trying to say i guess.

The sticker we saw today. Item 313.Where can I find a picture of it?

I think what JB would want the jurors to believe is that it was only ever stuck to that cardboard and there for could not be a sticker that was EVER stuck to any duct tape.

I wish that the CSI had managed to document the out line of the sticker and get some pics. measurements. There are just so many stickers she had in those boxes.
I posted the pic above(post #9) and also in the today's trial thread! :smile:

I read the entire 106-page trial thread after work and I was SOOOOO frustrated because it was like Sticker Myth Central in there!:banghead:

So now I'm too tired to read back through the sticker threads and find all the links and arguments, but FWIW here are my list of Sticker Truths::twocents:

1. STICKER NUMBER ONE (the "red herring" sticker): There was a puffy glittery heart sticker stuck on a piece of cardboard matting found at the remains scene. Possibly the matting was once a photo, but no one knows for sure. The exact manufacturer and type of sticker was identified by WS'ers. It is the squishy plastic kind of sticker. The sticker doesn't match any of the ones seized at the house, doesn't remotely match the tiny gem stickers on Casey's friend's phones, etc. Considering it was found stuck to something that wasn't the duct tape, I can't figure out why anyone thinks it's related to the case at all. I'm kind of concerned that the jury asked to see it, because it suggests that they were not listening to the testimony about the REAL heart sticker (see below).

2. STICKER NUMBER TWO (the "smoking gun" sticker): In a yellow box labeled "Caylee Marie" in Casey's room, sitting on top of everything else in the box, there was a cut-out BACKING of a sticker. It was a sticker BACKING, not a sticker, and it was not stuck to anything. It was just sitting on top of everything else in the box. The next thing under it was an envelope from a card sent to Caylee by Grandma Shirley when Caylee was born in 2005. (Yes, we figured out that 37-cent-stamp thing long before JB did lol.) The sticker BACKING was carefully cut out from the sheet of stickers it came with, using fancy curly scissors, and placed in the box. Now why would anyone keep a sticker BACKING in a keepsake box? :waitasec: OH! I KNOW! If the sticker ITSELF was left somewhere that it would (presumably) never be seen again--like in a coffin or, um, in a swamp. This sticker backing absolutely matches and was cut from a sheet of stickers that was found in Casey's room. Since there were still other stickers on the sheet, we know what those stickers looked like. They were the flat paper kind of stickers--the kind that would have broken up and floated away in no time in swamp conditions--or in your bathroom sink in about 5 minutes. The sticker that matched this backing was NOT FOUND, because it had no doubt completely dissolved months earlier.

3. On to the DUCT TAPE! There were NO STICKERS found on the duct tape! Elizabeth F from the FBI (and her supervisor too I suppose) saw something heart-shaped on (she said) tape piece #Q63--the top piece of the 2 pieces that were still stuck together. But by the time she had finished processing for prints, the shape was no longer visible. The heart shape was not in the middle of the piece of tape, she said--it was on one end in the corner. Now, people here saw hearts of all shapes and sizes all over every piece of duct tape. :) But I have to say that the only one I could see without squinting and doing all sorts of silly things inside my brain was one that was on a top corner of Q64--the other one of the 2 pieces that were found stuck together in kind of a squashed "X" shape. And that particular heart shape happened to be EXACTLY the same size and shape as the size and shape of the missing sticker from the sticker backer in the "Caylee Marie" box!!! :eek: I can't help wondering if the FBI lady mixed up which piece of tape had been on top when she saw the heart shape--especially since, when she later held a conference and did a PowerPoint about the heart shape on the tape, the piece she picked to illustrate where the heart shape was was Q64, not Q63. :waitasec: Maybe no big deal, maybe she just grabbed a random photo...or maybe the confusion was in the official report rather than in the unofficial Power Point lol.

Thank you for letting me vent. :) I am not trying to slam anyone who thought the myths were true...I probably spent more time than was healthy on the heart stickers and duct tape. :crazy:

ETA: Don't worry about all this "about the size of a dime," etc. silliness. The jury will have the duct tape, the sticker backing from the Caylee Marie box, the photos showing both these things next to rulers (which they won't need at that point). And maybe they will SEE the heart shape on Q64 (or Q63--I'll keep an open mind!).

I'm so glad you posted that, AZLawyer. How you have this much energy at the end of the day I'll never know, but it is certainly appreciated!

:rocker:

I read the entire 106-page trial thread after work and I was SOOOOO frustrated because it was like Sticker Myth Central in there!:banghead:

So now I'm too tired to read back through the sticker threads and find all the links and arguments, but FWIW here are my list of Sticker Truths::twocents:

1. STICKER NUMBER ONE (the "red herring" sticker): There was a puffy glittery heart sticker stuck on a piece of cardboard matting found at the remains scene. Possibly the matting was once a photo, but no one knows for sure. The exact manufacturer and type of sticker was identified by WS'ers. It is the squishy plastic kind of sticker. The sticker doesn't match any of the ones seized at the house, doesn't remotely match the tiny gem stickers on Casey's friend's phones, etc. Considering it was found stuck to something that wasn't the duct tape, I can't figure out why anyone thinks it's related to the case at all. I'm kind of concerned that the jury asked to see it, because it suggests that they were not listening to the testimony about the REAL heart sticker (see below).

2. STICKER NUMBER TWO (the "smoking gun" sticker): In a yellow box labeled "Caylee Marie" in Casey's room, sitting on top of everything else in the box, there was a cut-out BACKING of a sticker. It was a sticker BACKING, not a sticker, and it was not stuck to anything. It was just sitting on top of everything else in the box. The next thing under it was an envelope from a card sent to Caylee by Grandma Shirley when Caylee was born in 2005. (Yes, we figured out that 37-cent-stamp thing long before JB did lol.) The sticker BACKING was carefully cut out from the sheet of stickers it came with, using fancy curly scissors, and placed in the box. Now why would anyone keep a sticker BACKING in a keepsake box? :waitasec: OH! I KNOW! If the sticker ITSELF was left somewhere that it would (presumably) never be seen again--like in a coffin or, um, in a swamp. This sticker backing absolutely matches and was cut from a sheet of stickers that was found in Casey's room. Since there were still other stickers on the sheet, we know what those stickers looked like. They were the flat paper kind of stickers--the kind that would have broken up and floated away in no time in swamp conditions--or in your bathroom sink in about 5 minutes. The sticker that matched this backing was NOT FOUND, because it had no doubt completely dissolved months earlier.

3. On to the DUCT TAPE! There were NO STICKERS found on the duct tape! Elizabeth F from the FBI (and her supervisor too I suppose) saw something heart-shaped on (she said) tape piece #Q63--the top piece of the 2 pieces that were still stuck together. But by the time she had finished processing for prints, the shape was no longer visible. The heart shape was not in the middle of the piece of tape, she said--it was on one end in the corner. Now, people here saw hearts of all shapes and sizes all over every piece of duct tape. :) But I have to say that the only one I could see without squinting and doing all sorts of silly things inside my brain was one that was on a top corner of Q64--the other one of the 2 pieces that were found stuck together in kind of a squashed "X" shape. And that particular heart shape happened to be EXACTLY the same size and shape as the size and shape of the missing sticker from the sticker backer in the "Caylee Marie" box!!! :eek: I can't help wondering if the FBI lady mixed up which piece of tape had been on top when she saw the heart shape--especially since, when she later held a conference and did a PowerPoint about the heart shape on the tape, the piece she picked to illustrate where the heart shape was was Q64, not Q63. :waitasec: Maybe no big deal, maybe she just grabbed a random photo...or maybe the confusion was in the official report rather than in the unofficial Power Point lol.

Thank you for letting me vent. :) I am not trying to slam anyone who thought the myths were true...I probably spent more time than was healthy on the heart stickers and duct tape. :crazy:

ETA: Don't worry about all this "about the size of a dime," etc. silliness. The jury will have the duct tape, the sticker backing from the Caylee Marie box, the photos showing both these things next to rulers (which they won't need at that point). And maybe they will SEE the heart shape on Q64 (or Q63--I'll keep an open mind!).

Perhaps you should send your findings to the Prosecution Team, ASAP. They may appreciate your help.

I must say, I, too, have wondered if they were concentrating on the correct sticker, especially since the one on the tape was gone. Although, maybe the one attached to the cardboard was thrown into the woods later, airmail, as a "thinking of you" message. Although I'm afraid there were no such thoughts, except perhaps a quick pass just to see if the area hadn't been disturbed and the coast was still clear for ICA to continue dancing, drinking, and TonE.

I am hoping they have a photo of it. Didn't we see a picture of it early on or am I hallucinating? LOL!
I was thinking the same thing! I Swear I saw on Websleuths a picture of the heart shaped residue on the funky duct tape, in the beginning of this case.

Thank you!!

Thank you AZlawyer for finding the time and energy to write that post. I cringed when the jury asked to see that puffy heart sticker. It doesn't belong anywhere near the heart sticker evidence. I'm afraid the jury will compare it to the backing found in the box and quickly decide they are not one in the same and then discount everything said about the sticker. I'm disappointed that the state felt the need to introduce that puffy sticker into evidence.

Thank you AZlawyer for finding the time and energy to write that post. I cringed when the jury asked to see that puffy heart sticker. It doesn't belong anywhere near the heart sticker evidence. I'm afraid the jury will compare it to the backing found in the box and quickly decide they are not one in the same and then discount everything said about the sticker. I'm disappointed that the state felt the need to introduce that puffy sticker into evidence.

I agree. We could have another "if it don't fit, you must acquit" situation on our hands. Of course it won't fit. It is a completely different kind of sticker. We have the rest of the sheet of stickers that the backer was cut from, so we know exactly what that missing sticker looked like, and it looked nothing like the one found on the piece of cardboard at the scene. :banghead:

So why did the SA bring it up? :waitasec: That was a mistake IMO. Better to have a missing heart sticker--anyone could understand that, after 6 mos. under water--than a heart sticker that doesn't fit.

Regarding the sticker, I had this thought. Cindy said there were stuffed animals stored in the white laundry bag. If this is the one that little Caylee was put in, then perhaps there was a stray sticker in the bag that had been attached to one of her stuffed animals and it got attached to the duct tape in that odd placement.

I am new here and not really as "up" on things as everyone else, but that just popped into my head. Either way, it still points to ICA being guilty as sin IMO.

Hi AZ, gotta say I loved hearing you on the radio program last Sunday.

Do you think JB made such a big deal about the red herring sticker being 30 feet away from the duct tape, because the jury showed so much interest in it the other day?

Thank you. Excellent overview! :rocker:

I agree. We could have another "if it don't fit, you must acquit" situation on our hands. Of course it won't fit. It is a completely different kind of sticker. We have the rest of the sheet of stickers that the backer was cut from, so we know exactly what that missing sticker looked like, and it looked nothing like the one found on the piece of cardboard at the scene. :banghead:

So why did the SA bring it up? :waitasec: That was a mistake IMO. Better to have a missing heart sticker--anyone could understand that, after 6 mos. under water--than a heart sticker that doesn't fit.
I'm hesitant to mention this but (oh, I just know I'm gonna get slapped) there was also a heart sticker found stuck to the back of a picture frame but I've never seen a pic of it (I think I saved a copy of the Doc page...somewhere! Lol).
It was listed on a FBI Lab Activity and Communication Log.
I agree that all this commotion over a piece of plastic is strange, but what if there was a photo left w/ Caylee? Now that would be interesting!

I just came across a possible meaning for the heart sticker while putting my kids in bed. I got a book to read them and it was an old book that had been my 13 yr old daughters which I had never read to the little ones before. It's called "The Kissing Hand" and as soon as I saw the book I remembered that it had come with a sheet of heart stickers. The stickers were round with a heart on them but I immediately thought of this case and wondered if this kissing hand was something Casey did with Caylee whenever she was leaving her alone, duct taped and/or drugged.

The story is about a raccoon going off to kindergarten and he was scared to be without his mom so she would kiss his hand and press it to his cheek so he always had her kiss with him even when she wasn't with him. There are illustrations of a hand with a heart shape on the palm in the book. Here are some links:

picture of an actual sticker that came with the book at the top of the page
http://www.littlegiraffes.com/kissinghand.html

This illustration looks eerily like the spot where Caylee's remains were found. It is an illustration that is in the book.
http://www.tanglewoodbooks.com/images/activities/kissing_activity.pdf

We probably will never know for sure what the meaning is for the heart shaped sticker on the duct tape but I wanted to share this possibility in case it was never discussed here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back