EVIDENCE - Pro and Con #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does seem that the State found a "glove that fits". Sort of.

Until, new evidence is discovered, someone slips up, or a body is found, the State will be sticking to their story (that could be easily interpreted by a jury IMO).

Being this is a circumstantial case (at his point) – with no body or direct evidence, the State's scenario is only supported by some shoddy video, a few cell phone pings, a motive, and whatever was found at the M's compound which led to an arrest in the first place.

The strategy

Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said when the case got to his office, it was a matter of strategy to get the Moorers in custody on the lesser charges of indecent exposure and obstruction of justice before investigators brought in the U.S. Attorney’s General Office, the S.C. Highway Patrol’s Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Team and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division to build a case on the bigger charges.

“The stuff that was found at the house, if we didn’t have a lot of stuff already from two months ago or six weeks ago, it wouldn’t have been that much,” Richardson said. “But it has added to things we already expected. So we were able to find some extra stuff after what we already knew to be obstruction of justice and indecent exposure.​

Why not just come out and say what basic information LE has to feel so strongly that HE drove to PTL and was killed there? Instead, they opted for a gag order. And further, the M's were granted bail with no contest.

Looking back at the search of PTL, why didn't LE collect more evidence (if any) where HE's car was parked? They seemed to focus all their efforts on searching the water IMO. I went there during and after the search and was alarmed to find a ton of debris in and around the location where her car was found. Not to mention several fresh tire tracks that could have been used as possible evidence. It appeared to me at least that the parking lot area was completely ignored. :facepalm: So, I guess add that to my "dumbfounded" list as well!

I agree and like your Bob Ross analogy @jillycat! :clap:

Sorry so sporadic. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

I've always thought the defense will have a field day with the "strategy" of getting them on lesser charges in hopes of finding more "stuff", which the Solicitor himself said amounts to not much. My feeling is that the defense has something up its sleeve to put up with this kind of direction for this long.

I don't know if this is allowed or even relevant to what may have happened to Heather, but I found this interesting.

If you google last name M in Moncks Corner, you will find one who owns a metal recycling business and they crush cars. A review calls the guy a crook.

As I start to think that LE really doesn't have much on the M's or that the M's were so slick and they will walk...I remember SM lying to LE about talking to HE, getting caught in said lie and then claiming he only called to tell Heather to quit calling him. Then we find out that she wasn't calling him at all. TM was threatening her. I remember finding out that SM was sneaking out from behind a dumpster to call Heather from a payphone and lie to her. I remember reading PC's two interviews about where the M's were that night and the fact that she changed her story. I remember that people get convicted with circumstantial evidence. I remember that I thought LE wasn't doing anything and just clueless because they had Heather's phone records and they had TM's nasty rant as well as her constant nasty comments on fb. I was so disgusted with LE and their lack of effort. I was disgusted with TM saying that the "Popo aren't interested in us anymore".....and days later she was locked up. Given all that, I'm going to believe that I don't know what they have. I don't know why they were ok with the M's going to FL. I don't know why they didn't throw a fit at the bond hearing. I just know that the last time it looked hopeless, the M's got smacked in the face. I will just wait and see.

I just wonder why it's so hard to get and keep a trial date, but so easy to get permission to move out of state after being charged with murder.

not sure which would be the best thread to post my thought...

with all of this rain and swollen rivers, lakes, ponds, washed away roads, etc., considering that someone is from the Monks Corner/Summerville area, i hope people will be paying close attention when all this water recedes. just in case Heather is out there somewhere.

I don`t know where else to post this and I am sorry if this is the wrong place. I have been following this case since day one. Here is my question.....Did S get that TAMMY tattoo before or after H went missing. Just wondering if that was done to prove to H or any other female that he was taken and not to mess around with her man. Just like the photo of the brazin nut case and the pistol.

not sure which would be the best thread to post my thought...

with all of this rain and swollen rivers, lakes, ponds, washed away roads, etc., considering that someone is from the Monks Corner/Summerville area, i hope people will be paying close attention when all this water recedes. just in case Heather is out there somewhere.

Hunting season is upon us soon so I have hope that somebody will find something. Maybe God will grant a Christmas miracle so the Elvis family (or another family with a missing loved one) can bring Heather home and give her a proper burial.

Maybe some good ole fashion science would help. :moo:

They need to start going through all of the evidence that they have kept and look through it carefully. There could be that one important piece of evidence that they have been overlooking that could nail this case once and for all. Bring in fresh eyes, go do some more digging into journals, social media, and look for dna. There has to be something. We are all tired of them running all over the place having the time of their lives. Show everyone that the system hasn`t failed us. Put them back where they belong. I feel as though T is a time bomb waiting to explode at any time, and even her children are not safe from her.

So they confiscated $10,600. and a DVD "Its a Bug's Life" from the RV drawer? I wonder why? What kind of evident value would that be for.:thinking:

Maybe the DVD had a computer software generated label on it, so they wanted to confirm the content of the DVD. That's the only logical reason I can imagine.

The "star" witness has left the building! Literally.

I just got back from the Kangaroo on 10th North after checking up on the pay phone again and it was gone!

So, I went inside to find out where it went? The clerk was more than helpful and gave me some further insight that put my mind at ease a bit more over the whole pay phone debacle.

She said, "They called Verizon and reported that someone was beating on the phone. [Evidentially] They were upset that it wasn't working and was taking it out on the pay phone. So, they [Verizon] came out right away and removed it."

Then, I asked, "When was the last time it actually worked?"

She replied, "That phone hasn't worked for two years! And, as a matter of fact, the last person to use it when it was working was that SM guy. You know, the one that's accused of the whole Heather Elvis thing? It hasn't worked since."

"Yeah, that guy. Huh. That phone sure does have a story to tell.", I said as I walked away.

4g108x.jpg

I just got back from the Kangaroo on 10th North after checking up on the pay phone again and it was gone!

So, I went inside to find out where it went? The clerk was more than helpful and gave me some further insight that put my mind at ease a bit more over the whole pay phone debacle.

She said, "They called Verizon and reported that someone was beating on the phone. [Evidentially] They were upset that it wasn't working and was taking it out on the pay phone. So, they [Verizon] came out right away and removed it."

She replied, "That phone hasn't worked for two years! And, as a matter of fact, the last person to use it when it was working was that SM guy. You know, the one that's accused of the whole Heather Elvis thing? It hasn't worked since."

"Yeah, that guy. Huh. That phone sure does have a story to tell.", I said as I walked away.

4g108x.jpg

I noticed that it had been removed the other day when I just happened to be driving down Joe White Ave, and thought, "hmmmm..."

Kudos to you for actually going inside to inquire about its whereabouts! :)

Great sleuthing. Thank you!

Highly coincidental that Sidney was the last to use it. Too coincidental IMO.

4g108x.jpg

Thanks, PTF! Interesting that the clerk thought that SM was the last person to use it as a working phone. If this is true, it is strange it stopped working right after he placed a call from it. But I have learned that when it comes to the M's, strange is to be expected. Ah, the infamous phone booth...

4g108x.jpg

This new information about the pay phone is so very interesting to me for numerous reasons.

1) It answers the question of why the phone wasn't working when I checked it back on March 22, 2014.

(You can read my original post about that on Page 10 of the "Phone Calls" thread; I don't know how to copy and paste the link while using Tapatalk.)

2) It makes me wonder how and/or why was SM the last person to use it.

Did SM somehow render the phone inoperable after calling HE, hoping to destroy any evidence that she had been called from it? I doubt it. But, if he did, how did he manage to do that?

Or did LE contact Verizon and request the service be disconnected? And if so, for what reason?

I find it highly unlikely that this just happens to be a coincidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22
Back