EVIDENCE - Pro and Con #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone remember the dog searches and whether there were any hits.?

There were multiple searches led by CUE in various areas with SAR dogs (in several wooded areas located near her apartment and around the PTL area where her car was found). There were not any hits in those searches, to my knowledge.

I think I remember seeing pictures of K9s in news reports covering the search warrant, but I can't say that for certain. I'm pretty sure if they were used, they didn't hit on anything (or if they did, it wasn't reported in the media). However, they didn't issue the search warrant until late February---2 months after HE was reported missing.

This new information about the pay phone is so very interesting to me for numerous reasons.

1) It answers the question of why the phone wasn't working when I checked it back on March 22, 2014.

(You can read my original post about that on Page 10 of the "Phone Calls" thread; I don't know how to copy and paste the link while using Tapatalk.)

2) It makes me wonder how and/or why was SM the last person to use it.

Did SM somehow render the phone inoperable after calling HE, hoping to destroy any evidence that she had been called from it? I doubt it. But, if he did, how did he manage to do that?

Or did LE contact Verizon and request the service be disconnected? And if so, for what reason?

I find it highly unlikely that this just happens to be a coincidence.

It may likely be that SM was one of the last people to use the payphone, as opposed to the very last. I doubt if the clerk knew that he was the very last, but since there was an investigation and very high profile, they said that he was the last one. I doubt they could know that for certain, unless they were specifically told that by LE.

Immediately after Heather's car was found, a very desperate TE checked her phone records, saw SM's number and called it (12/19/2013). Then the M's knew that TE had Heather's phone records and that TE would be calling all the numbers. They may have thought disabling the phone would somehow help cover up their activities that night. I remember some WS'ers tried the phone and questioned it being used because it didn't work...

TE said in an interview that Sidney got angry and starting cursing when he called. If Sidney had anticipated this call, he should have responded in a different manner - calm and helpful "I wish I could help but I don't know anything...." Instead he threw oil on the fire and made himself look guilty with his immature, belligerent and unrehearsed response. Also telling was that Sidney was allowed to use his phone before it was publicly known that Heather was missing - Tammy now knew Heather would never be calling again.

I think the phone was disabled the evening of 12/19/13 to 12/20/13 after Sidney got the call from Terry. Sidney may not have been the last person to use it but he was the last known. IMO the M's were in a panic after TE called - he may have even told Sidney what the roommate said....

Yep. Was wondering myself if one or both M's purposely disabled the phone at Kangaroo.

It may likely be that SM was one of the last people to use the payphone, as opposed to the very last. I doubt if the clerk knew that he was the very last, but since there was an investigation and very high profile, they said that he was the last one. I doubt they could know that for certain, unless they were specifically told that by LE.

Or someone from Verizon.

Yep. Was wondering myself if one or both M's purposely disabled the phone at Kangaroo.

Given this supposition, if SM was on video using the phone on 12/17-18, wouldn't SM/TM also be on video disabling it?

Given this supposition, if SM was on video using the phone on 12/17-18, wouldn't SM/TM also be on video disabling it?

Not necessarily if he did it later. They may only have the video for the night Heather went missing.

If they did disable the phone, it wouldn't have done any good since SM was seen on video installed by the gas station. It was working long enough for him to make the all-important phone call to Heather. And he was caught on video. gotcha!

I noticed that it had been removed the other day when I just happened to be driving down Joe White Ave, and thought, "hmmmm..."

Kudos to you for actually going inside to inquire about its whereabouts! :)

This is quite interesting.

Got to thinking how easy it would be to disable a pay phone. They usually have a flexible wire encased phone cord. You know like a tightly wound coil of metal but flexible and yet sturdy.

How easy it would be to come back to the phone with a good pair of wire cutters and just snip the cord that holds the handset. Bingo. Phone disabled.

Either that or unscrew the earpiece and/or mouthpiece or both and rip out the small speakers in the earpiece or mouthpiece if it unscrews.

Either that or pour some sort of nasty solvent into the earpiece and mouthpiece holes. Something like superglue OR brake fluid OR some other nasty fluid that would drip down into the holes.

Either that or......

You get the idea. Simple ways to destroy a pay phone.

If SM realized that TE was calling all the numbers in Heathers phone then he may have thought by destroying those pay phones he was helping to coverup where he was that night she disappeared.

All that would have done is throw more suspicoun towards them from LE if LE determines they destroyed the pay phone.

If this comes out in trial that LE knows they destroyed that pay phone I think that would add some pretty good circumstantial evidence to the case.

This is quite interesting.

Got to thinking how easy it would be to disable a pay phone. They usually have a flexible wire encased phone cord. You know like a tightly wound coil of metal but flexible and yet sturdy.

How easy it would be to come back to the phone with a good pair of wire cutters and just snip the cord that holds the handset. Bingo. Phone disabled.

Either that or unscrew the earpiece and/or mouthpiece or both and rip out the small speakers in the earpiece or mouthpiece if it unscrews.

Either that or pour some sort of nasty solvent into the earpiece and mouthpiece holes. Something like superglue OR brake fluid OR some other nasty fluid that would drip down into the holes.

Either that or......

You get the idea. Simple ways to destroy a pay phone.

If SM realized that TE was calling all the numbers in Heathers phone then he may have thought by destroying those pay phones he was helping to coverup where he was that night she disappeared.

All that would have done is throw more suspicoun towards them from LE if LE determines they destroyed the pay phone.

If this comes out in trial that LE knows they destroyed that pay phone I think that would add some pretty good circumstantial evidence to the case.

If it's the case the phone was disabled by one or both of the M's doesn't it stand to reason that this was caught by the surveillance camera, since they have video of the initial call?

While it may have been disabled, it wasn't visibly destroyed. I remember (at least) a couple of our WSers going by and trying to use the payphone, reporting back that it didn't work. If the cord had been cut, they probably would have noticed that when they picked up the receiver, and I doubt they still would have attempted to dial out.

Can someone refresh my memory on what time the suspicious car was reported at Atalaya Place in/near Carolina Forest? Did anyone ever find the police report for that? TIA!

GREATTTT QUESTION!!! I just spent way too much time looking up this answer at 2 in the morning because something just didn't sit right with me about it back when.

It was first mentioned in the Missing - Heather Elvis #9 thread (Page 44).
There was a suspicious activity report made on 12/18 @ 3:47 am at Atalaya Place, which faces the Socastee Swamp and is directly across from Ronald McNair Blvd (where past CUE searches have taken place). Atalaya Place is only 2.49 miles from the area that was searched this week.

I tried making a map for visual purposes but I'm not very good at it.
Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 2.51.01 AM.png

And here is a Google Maps image of the bridge area being searched for another view of it.
Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 2.36.40 AM.jpg

Thank you, this particular incident is still stuck in my craw. I would love to get my hands on the report to know the type of vehicle and any other description. I've always been drawn to the location of the remains being near the northern end of Ronald McNair.
The timing, it seems, is a little off because it is about 10 miles away, taking the route that the Moorers black truck took the night of the 18th....umm allegedly. However like many of you, I frequently (depends on the day) think they had help from daddy. The entire PTL incident and phone calls that took place while there could have been solely between the Moorers. The actual horrific incident could have been a bit earlier. Leaving time for the M's to remove car for whatever reason and the other to dispose HE. I'm still not sure why they think "the incident" took place at PTL and why they know she's deceased.
It's been so long though, I need to have all the actual facts sitting in front of me. With my time my memory has faded.

Does anyone remember searches of vehicles at Tammy's parents' house? If there was foul
play with other vehicles on the property. Also wonder if they had any friends in the funeral business or cremation services?

[/B]

If it's the case the phone was disabled by one or both of the M's doesn't it stand to reason that this was caught by the surveillance camera, since they have video of the initial call?

Good point but if they had done it inconspicuously like pouring some fluid down into the holes of the earpiece or something then they may have been able to do it quickly and fake like they were talking on the phone when really destroying it.

Plus when LE searched for the video of them the night Heather disappeared they had a specific day and time and reason to look for video. If the phone ended up broken in days or weeks after then LE had no idea what days to look at the video for and they may have not guessed yet that it was purposely broken so they may have missed their chance at looking through all the days of video for someone tampering with the phone.

Its just a little too funny to me that the phone ends up broken shortly after they were known to have used it. It is too bad there was not video uncovered of them purposely messing with it.

Another hopeful thought. Maybe LE did recover additional video of the phone being tampered with and is holding the video evidence. That would sure be nice to show a jury that footage. It would be good circumstantial evidence of someone not wanting others to know the phone was usable back then.

Thank you, this particular incident is still stuck in my craw. I would love to get my hands on the report to know the type of vehicle and any other description. I've always been drawn to the location of the remains being near the northern end of Ronald McNair.
The timing, it seems, is a little off because it is about 10 miles away, taking the route that the Moorers black truck took the night of the 18th....umm allegedly. However like many of you, I frequently (depends on the day) think they had help from daddy. The entire PTL incident and phone calls that took place while there could have been solely between the Moorers. The actual horrific incident could have been a bit earlier. Leaving time for the M's to remove car for whatever reason and the other to dispose HE. I'm still not sure why they think "the incident" took place at PTL and why they know she's deceased.
It's been so long though, I need to have all the actual facts sitting in front of me. With my time my memory has faded.

I know what you mean. Early on I kept thinking right there at PTL some sort of submerge with weights which I think is still possible but after looking closer at the map and considering they may have had help then maybe going North or other places is a possibility.

There are only 2 main ways to get to the Waccamaw river from the road their house is on if you head north. I see a Jackson Bluff Landing that looks pretty secluded to get to the water and then further North there is a Cox Ferry Circle that gets to the water. There may be others but those 2 look like main roads to get to the water from their house if they went north of PTL.

The 3rd and last spot North that looks very secluded and a possible place would be Lake Busbee which has a dam type area on the south side of it with what looks to be a road that may get access to places that dump into a creek that eventually feeds the Waccamaw river.
Not sure if someone could drive back there though along that dam road.

Those are the 3 spots that look to be spots where water access is similar to the Peach Tree Landing type area. Of course if woods was chosen rather than water then there are tons of other places all along the route going North and South.

For no particular reason I keep thinking somewhere near the Waccamaw River or at least close to the river if in the woods.

But if they had help then there really are endless possibilities.
The Atalaya incident that was reported did sound promising but we never seemed to get more information about it. It just kind of faded away and we hoped LE would investigate the reporting of the disturbance there.

I also still wonder about whether someone had access to a boat that managed to get out to the deep sea for a visit. Their arrogance and confidence of never getting caught had me thinking whatever they did sure must have been a spot where they felt she was not recoverable.

Lets just hope LE or someone can help determine exactly what happened to Heather.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22
Back