EVIDENCE - Pro and Con

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember at the end of the last news conference it was said they would be available to talk to reporters individually or something to that effect??? I personally believe that is what that reporter was told what he tweeted. IMO it also makes sense that HRE's DNA was found in the truck, since they believe she was murdered at PTL. If there was no DNA in the truck & her DNA was only found in the house, it would open the door she was killed at the house. JMO trying to connect the dots.

Not sure if this was posted yet?

Horry County violating constitutional rights?

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/20/3338858/scpa-says-documents-related-to.html#storylink=cpy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Generally, even if it hurts us, we try to turn it over,” Richardson said of FOIA requests. “But, there are certain exceptions to FOIA and we believe this falls under those exceptions. There are still mounds and mounds of evidence. This is truly an ongoing investigation. We are certainly not trying to deny the public the right to see anything they are entitled to.”

BBM
I want to know but I'm ok without knowing, if it makes for a stronger case against them. The mounds and mounds of evidence sounds great to me, though!

I'll bet the forensic computer department is ready for a vacation after going throu all the M's electronic devices. It will interesting to see what was sent by private e-mails and to whom. I can't help but think that TM had to save face and probably sent damaging e-mails privately on how she was going to solve her "little problem".:moo:

I just thought I'd throw this thought out there, when I seen you had mentioned emails. There's also a possibility that tm could have sent text messages to Heather's phone using tm's computer. I do that frequently with my daughter, as we don't have a cell phone, so I will just send her a text through my email, by typing her phone number/carrier in the email TO: box and a message, then hit SEND and she will receive it as someone had sent her a text on her cell phone...I don't know if that is what tm did, but it can be done.

Does anyone remember at the end of the last news conference it was said they would be available to talk to reporters individually or something to that effect??? I personally believe that is what that reporter was told what he tweeted. IMO it also makes sense that HRE's DNA was found in the truck, since they believe she was murdered at PTL. If there was no DNA in the truck & her DNA was only found in the house, it would open the door she was killed at the house. JMO trying to connect the dots.

It is more likely the DNA was found in the vehicle, since as you said where they believe she was killed. I do remember when they said they would take questions after the news conference. I saw them interview several people - one of them (LE) said there was DNA evidence. He did not say where that DNA was found. I hear ya about connecting the dots, but I like to have the real facts to connect them. As you say if it was found in the house that would be a different story.

LOL there is some confusion again about evidence. There is some conflict about the 10th ave. payphone and also the receipt in Heather's car. Do we actually have LE or media confirmation of the address of the payphone and the receipt in Heather's car? If so someone please post it here. Last I was told is that the receipt was at the 10th and Seaboard Kangaroo and this was verified by media. Also, I was told that the payphone was not verified as the 10th and Seaboard, but it was somewhere on 10th ave. Please reply back to me with any verified media links on these 2 evidence items if you have them.

I had a further thought. We know the the Moore's are wired for surveillance & across the street has video for the power plant, yet LE for the bond hearing is using a personal resident's video 1.x from their house in the bond hearing, which IMO seems more than a little odd. I am lost, because they make it sound like they B-lined it home, but they don't confirm it!

Take it for what you will, I do have some (private) limited knowledge power companies; it is not just the prices of scrap that these are monitored, it's the damage to their equipment that can be done can be in the 100's of thousand of dollars due to specialized parts and can take months to receive (forget the copper - that is nothing)...they probably would have very good cameras & I believe falls under Homeland Security. I would suspect the road & license plates would be covered, but of course not aimed at residences. It just astounds me that that they chose a video a mile.X away when it is right in front of them, but it is a bond hearing. Take it for what you will.

I had a further thought. We know the the Moore's are wired for surveillance & across the street has video for the power plant, yet LE for the bond hearing is using a personal resident's video 1.x from their house in the bond hearing, which IMO seems more than a little odd. I am lost, because they make it sound like they B-lined it home, but they don't confirm it!

Take it for what you will, I do have some (private) limited knowledge power companies; it is not just the prices of scrap that these are monitored, it's the damage to their equipment that can be done can be in the 100's of thousand of dollars due to specialized parts and can take months to receive (forget the copper - that is nothing)...they probably would have very good cameras & I believe falls under Homeland Security. I would suspect the road & license plates would be covered, but of course not aimed at residences. It just astounds me that that they chose a video a mile.X away when it is right in front of them, but it is a bond hearing. Take it for what you will.

Yes, they may have video from the m's and the power plant. Maybe they used the video closer to the scene of the crime since they are maintaining that is where the crime occurred. Then come trial time the other videos are rolled out. If they used the video from across the street or from their property only that wouldn't prove they went to the crime scene? It would only prove they left their home.

That has got to be the dumbest alibi ever! Why not just say we were watching TV if they are going to be each other's alibi anyway? At least they wouldn't get hit with IE charges.

Yeah I agree. I try as I read to figure out the why's with them and I end up more clueless. Almost like they went out of their way to have it make no sense. I think they have lied so many times they can't remember what they've said.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I think SM probably thought if he claimed such an outrageous alibi, he would be more likely to be believed...besides they likely had spent part of those 24 hours in some sort of public sex acts, since they were charged. Just not "all of the hours of her disappearance" imo.

Yes, they may have video from the m's and the power plant. Maybe they used the video closer to the scene of the crime since they are maintaining that is where the crime occurred. Then come trial time the other videos are rolled out. If they used the video from across the street or from their property only that wouldn't prove they went to the crime scene? It would only prove they left their home.

BBM - But wouldn't that also document what time they came home as well? IMO I think there is is a lot deliberate facts missing for a good cause.

Great post! I thought that too Dee. The only thing I can think of is that they are wanting to be spade tight for the trial.

As far as hard evidence like video vs. Disboard antics and personal characteristics: I think tm's personality traits won't be looked at much. I think hard evidence like video/surveillance will be the most damaging. I feel texts will be objected by defense saying it wasn't tm sm just like he did at bond hearing. I hope they have live convo thanks to all the agencies involved.

Wonder if "Stingray" is LE's secretive weapon?

BBM
Horry County spokeswoman Lisa Bourcier said the results of the search warrants are exempt under state law because the information is to be used in a prospective law enforcement action or it would disclose investigatory techniques not otherwise known outside of the government.

Horry County denies request for documents related to Heather Elvis case

Police say Stingray, a suitcase-size device that pretends it's a cell tower, is useful for catching criminals, but that's about all they'll say.

Police keep quiet about cell-tracking technology

Earlier this year, a covert tool called the “Stingray” that can gather data from hundreds of phones over targeted areas attracted international attention. Rights groups alleged that its use could be unlawful. But the same company that exclusively manufacturers the Stingray—Florida-based Harris Corporation—has for years been selling government agencies an entire range of secretive mobile phone surveillance technologies from a catalogue that it conceals from the public on national security grounds.

Meet the machines that steal your phone’s data

I wonder if LE has a big chart with a map of phone pings by day for the M's, from Dec 18-Feb 22, with special emphasis on maybe Dec 18-24 or so to see where they were going. Any rural-ish area or a place they went to only once should be checked out, IMO.

I am still curious about the photo of tm and sm with the gun that was shown in the bond hearing, as far as what Elder said when it was shown. Did she say when the photo was taken? If not what was the reason it was shown? What was the inference of showing it?

I am curious about the date that SM sent the email/text to TM's sister, apologizing that he had f:-$ed TM over and asking about the kids. Was that after Heather disappeared or before?

Of she left AFTER the disappearance for a bit...and he was somewhat apologizing to TM...that paints a far different dynamic between them than if it was BEFORE.

Anyone remember the date?

It was after.

Like either late Jan or early Feb timeframe.

Thank you. That is interesting.

Whatever happened, he seems to shoulder the blame.

Wonder if "Stingray" is LE's secretive weapon?

BBM

Wow I devoured that last link even into the comments. I always enjoy your posts. This technology has existed since mid 90s?? . It didn't mention SC but NC and FL have purchased these. Wow they are expensive. FBI CIA DEA have these already and spend millions? I wonder why the government hasn't just bought the company. I think it's safe to say the man in a flannel shirt hanging from the utility pole is a thing of the past. <----was my favorite in comments. ATT and similar telecom Co have been providing government with "tower dumps". Those companies take our general location and browser history, texts ect, strip the identifying factors and sell it to anyone with $$. I read that the gov can also turn on the microphone on your cell phone! So they really don't even have to come into your home to plant a bug. No more guys in the backs of white vans now it's a nerd at any computer, anywhere, with these devices at his employ. You should just assume you have zero privacy.

I hope they have details that make it an open and shut case. They have face recognition for fuzzy surveillance. I think technology is going to play a big role in this case. Heather and tm both loved social media sm. Pardon the pun.

I am curious about the date that SM sent the email/text to TM's sister, apologizing that he had f:-$ed TM over and asking about the kids. Was that after Heather disappeared or before?

Of she left AFTER the disappearance for a bit...and he was somewhat apologizing to TM...that paints a far different dynamic between them than if it was BEFORE.

Anyone remember the date?

I took a screen shot of a tweeted picture of the slide show thingy that was shown at the bond hearing and it says the text was sent on 2/2/14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that the phone call out of the blue is odd! Why not immediately warn HE not to call his cell phone? Why go with so little change? Why meet at PTL if TM knew this was their meeting spot?

Just like TM was able to punish him by handcuffing him to the bed at night for six months, I think she had total control of him and this phone call was a set-up by TM! Maybe murder was not the planned ending, but TM being a control freak, had to test SM by telling him to PROVE his love for her (TM) and shoot HE!

Just another theory which is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat