EVIDENCE - Pro and Con

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T but not really. It looks like Dr. Teleka Patrick's body was found today. She went missing on Dec 5, 2013. It sometimes takes a while for a body in the water to surface, but it usually does. Granted, the water in Indiana was frozen over, but I understand the water in South Carolina is pretty darned cold, so if Heather should happen to be in the water, someone might yet find her.
http://woodtv.com/2014/04/06/teleka-patricks-body-found-in-porter-ind/

I read somewhere that the prosecutors know, but, wouldn`t say how they know, that the last time that H and S saw each other was on Nov. 5th. Then I remember reading somewhere on social media, and this is only speculation that S and H were seen at a CVS looking at pregnancy kits. Could it be that they have a tape of that?

I read somewhere that the prosecutors know, but, wouldn`t say how they know, that the last time that H and S saw each other was on Nov. 5th. Then I remember reading somewhere on social media, and this is only speculation that S and H were seen at a CVS looking at pregnancy kits. Could it be that they have a tape of that?

That was just a rumor and it could have easily happened prior to Nov 5. I am sure LE has investigated that assertion. It appears that Sidney didn't have the freedom to do anything without TM after Nov 5.

Oh, I'm so far behind. I was so on top of this case, then my husband got sick. Need to start reading....

Oh, I'm so far behind. I was so on top of this case, then my husband got sick. Need to start reading....

Sorry your husband got sick, but I don't think much has happened in quite a while. You may not have missed as much as you think.

I haven't stopped by in ages (hospital bed rest then delivery & a newborn) but it doesnt look like much has changed. No new news? When are the next court dates?

I haven't stopped by in ages (hospital bed rest then delivery & a newborn) but it doesnt look like much has changed. No new news? When are the next court dates?

It has been very quiet lately. Not many posts, not many articles. This is the most recent news:

An Horry County magistrate has filed a motion to dismiss a newspaper’s appeal seeking access to search warrants executed in the Heather Elvis case, according to recently filed court documents.
Aaron Butler, associate chief magistrate for Horry County, filed the motion in Horry County Circuit Court on April 29.
“Appellant’s action against Judge Butler is non-justiciable, not ripe for adjudication, and moot, in that there is no real and substantial controversy between parties which is appropriate for judicial determination,” the motion states.

:balloons:

Congratulations on your new addition! Right before Mother's Day. That is awesome. :loveyou: to you and your new little :star2:

Enjoy the little one- not much going on here, lol.

:rubberducky:

:baby:

Slightly O/T, but not really: Randy Allen Taylor was convicted of first degree murder of Alexis Murphy today (plus abduction with intent to defile). Alexis' body has not been found. Yet more proof that a person can be convicted of murder with the right evidence and no body.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/25467576/randy-taylor-found-guilty-of-first-degree-murder-in-alexis-murphy-case

It sure does & it was done in 6 days with jurors deliberating about 6 hours!!!

I wonder if the defenses are going to claim that their client is completely innocent, or that they did it, but here is the excuse? I suppose it will depend on how much evidence there is. If they say yes we did it, but here is what happened, that would mean they would plead guilty, and then provide the defense at the sentencing, right? I think I could possibly see Sidney doing that, and saying that he was abused, battered spouse, and trying to get a much less severe sentence than DP? I think he will have a major uphill battle with that sort of defense, if he does not have pictures, witnesses, hospital visits, police visits, etc? He would have to convince the jury that the only reason why he lured Heather, why he did not stop the kidnapping or murder, is because he was scared of his wife, scared of her abuse, brainwashed, etc. It will very difficult.

I definitely think Tammy is going to go for a "It wasn't me" defense. Also, if Tammy lost a lot of weight between now and the trial, do you think that could affect how she is seen by the jury? Does the apparence of the defendant matter? I think the defense is going to paint her as your average, everyday mom of three kids, who really doesn't seem like the type to murder a young woman.

I definitely think Tammy is going to go for a "It wasn't me" defense. Also, if Tammy lost a lot of weight between now and the trial, do you think that could affect how she is seen by the jury? Does the apparence of the defendant matter? I think the defense is going to paint her as your average, everyday mom of three kids, who really doesn't seem like the type to murder a young woman.
RSBM & BBM: I think a woman's appearance definitely matters, but in different ways to each gender. Women tend to feel less threatened by an overweight or unattractive woman, and may find themselves sympathetic; however, you put a hot, skinny chick up there, and some of the female jurors will instantly resent her. On the other hand, men tend to see attractive women as objects to be obtained, and, therefore, may subconsciously find themselves on her side. They have a primitive need to impress her. No matter how much we evolve, as people, we're still members of the of the human species, and have a troublesome time, battling basic human nature. JMO (sprinkled with a little anthropology, psychology, and sociology).

RSBM & BBM: I think a woman's appearance definitely matters, but in different ways to each gender. Women tend to feel less threatened by an overweight or unattractive woman, and may find themselves sympathetic; however, you put a hot, skinny chick up there, and some of the female jurors will instantly resent her. On the other hand, men tend to see attractive women as objects to be obtained, and, therefore, may subconsciously find themselves on her side. They have a primitive need to impress her. No matter how much we evolve, as people, we're still members of the of the human species, and have a troublesome time, battling basic human nature. JMO (sprinkled with a little anthropology, psychology, and sociology).

I think it would best (for her defense) if Tammy was still overweight, because it makes her relatable, more representative of the average Mom, out of shape so she couldn't have killed Heather, etc. When I said lose weight, I didn't mean for her to become skinny. I don't think that would be good either. I think the defense is going to try to get the female jurors to see themselves in Tammy, like imagine if you are getting older, not as attractive as you once were, and your husband starts cheating on you, would you kill the other woman? If I was the defense, I would say that anger over an affair doesn't mean my client killed the victim weeks after it ended.

I think it would best (for her defense) if Tammy was still overweight, because it makes her relatable, more representative of the average Mom, out of shape so she couldn't have killed Heather, etc. When I said lose weight, I didn't mean for her to become skinny. I don't think that would be good either. I think the defense is going to try to get the female jurors to see themselves in Tammy, like imagine if you are getting older, not as attractive as you once were, and your husband starts cheating on you, would you kill the other woman? If I was the defense, I would say that anger over an affair doesn't mean my client killed the victim weeks after it ended.
Agreed on all counts.

FWIW, I was generalizing about humanity in my response earlier, not speaking specifically as to anyone involved in this case. And while it's completely ugly of me, I WILL say that I didn't think Tammy was very attractive in her younger (skinnier) photos, and even less so, more recently.

I think the defense is going to claim that Heather is a runaway. They will dig into her background, and really paint a negative image for the jury. I don't know what they will say about the calls or video. Perhaps that Sidney told Heather to leave him alone (claim that they were still in contact, or that Heather was still trying to keep the relationship going), that they met at PTL, had a few words, but left without Heather. Perhaps Tammy's lawyer will say that Sidney made the call, and they have no proof that it was Tammy in the car.

Hey Surfside, do you think that in reverse this might be true? Say that some female jurors see HE as a hot skinny chick, who in their view ruined a family, they might vote to acquit?

Hey Surfside, do you think that in reverse this might be true? Say that some female jurors see HE as a hot skinny chick, who in their view ruined a family, they might vote to acquit?

Your post is not directed to me, but hopefully it is okay if I reply. I think the fact that Heather had an affair could be an uphill battle for the prosecution. There are so many people who have had their marriages ruined by cheating, or saw their parents divorce because of it. Perhaps some women on the jury can relate/or have a fear of their husbands cheating with a hotter, younger woman. Perhaps some people who have personal experience with cheating will understand the rage that you feel. Others might not grasp how you can kill the other woman weeks after the affair ended, and she left your lives. They might think there is no motive due to that.

I am curious to know:
How many and how often did Tammy send Heather harassing texts?
What did they find on their computer pertaining to Heather before she went missing?

I think the prosecution needs to show a continuous obsession with Heather, that Tammy couldn't let it go, if they are going to claim she killed Heather months after Heather and Sidney completely stopped contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat