Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks to all of you who have found the courage to post here in defense of the innocent Defendants in this absurd and ridiculous sham case.

I have seen no "hate" here for Rebecca Zahau, who died at her own hand, but I have seen horrible things written about the family of Max Shacknai - especially the dead child's mother.

It is not hate to call Rebecca's death a suicide. That is what it was. That is what four law enforcement agencies concluded after a long, seven week investigation based on DNA, fingerprints, and other physical evidence.

It is not hate to wonder why she would take her own life rather than face Jonah, Dina, and Child Protective services to answer questions about 6-year old Max's fatal accident.

It is not hate to point out her numerous lies and behaviors that prove she had untreated mental health problems.

It is not hate to state that her family is after money. They began to set up a civil case just days after Rebecca's suicide when they hired celebrity lawyer Anne Bremner and then dug Rebecca up for a sweeps week special. They then allowed the autopsy to be performed in a manner that could not have been used in criminal court. What does that tell you?

To those of you newly posting, please do not get discouraged by the heated debate, or the total disregard of the facts by many that post here.

Many untruths and exaggerations have swirled around this case, and have been spread as gospel. One example is that Jonah Shacknai suddenly became a Billionaire! He was a multi-millionaire when Rebecca committed suicide and is still a multi-millionaire. Of course, the biggest example of all is that Rebeccca Zahau was murdered.

Some rumors and untruths about this case have been repeated so many times it is hard to know what is truth and what is a total fabrication.

But the Shacknais and Nina Romano deserve to have the truth told. They deserve to be free of these sadistic accusations and 5 1/2 years of harassment by Rebecca's family so that they can finally mourn Max in peace.

Again, thank you for taking a stand against this unfathomable injustice to innocent victims and this appalling abuse of the court system. The truth always wins in the end.

You are right that there has been no direct, physical evidence linking the defendants to Rebecca's death. The plaintiffs even admit this themselves and have made clear that their case will rely on circumstantial evidence and expert testimony.

Because the defendants are the ones moving for summary judgement, they have the burden of convincing the court that no triable issues of material fact exist in this case. On the other side, the plaintiffs only have to raise the issue that a triable issue does exist and have some admissible evidence to support it for the case to move forward towards trial. If the Zahau's are going to use their own medical experts testimony in regards to their circumstantial evidence, they will argue that the triable issue is that they believe RZ didn't commit suicide and the defendants are responsible. Obviously expert testimony would be needed here and it's not out of the realm of possibility, based on some previous blunders from their legal team, that whatever evidence, opinion, etc, they present to the court might be able to be severely limited in scope by a skilled lawyer based on certain objections commonly used when attempting to get expert testimony impeached, inadmissible or greatly diminished. For example, wasn't there a credibility issue that could be raised with the M.E who exhumed Rebecca? That could be an issue during summary judgement. Regardless, if it can be argued by the defense that any evidence provided by the plaintiffs at summary judgement provides no reasonable support that RZ was murdered, and their clients responsible then I don't see how this case moves forward.

Actually, that's not accurate. All three defendants were present at the scene of the crime that night. There was a great deal of evidence never tested and quite a bit of evidence, including of the presence of DNA of other people besides RZ on the rope, knives, RZ's personal belongings, etc. The crime scene was also contaminated by one of the defendants.

The police also have no evidence of of the alleged text message that Jonah sent RZ, that supposedly triggered her "suicide".

^ No, the three defendants were not at the "scene of the crime" that night. Not one of them were in the office where the "crime" of Rebecca's suicide occurred. Dina was at Rady's, Nina was home and in bed after her 10 pm walk to Spreckles, and Adam was sleeping in the guest house - the one with 12 foot thick walls.

There was no DNA that was not Rebecca's, that was of high enough quality to get results from. The two samples of mixed DNA were of such low levels, they could not even determine if I t was human, animal, or plant. But there was plenty of DNA to prove it was Rebecca and only Rebecca that was responsible for her death.

Rebecca heard and deleted the text message. Deleted it in anger, then killed herself.

There is no other evidence out there that proves anything other than suicide. That is crystal clear from the Zahaus depositions. The entire case, according to Mary, is based on the fact that Dina would not let Rebecca attend one of Max's school functions and because Dina sometimes had Jonah and Rebecca keep Max "when it wasn't their turn" - therefore, Dina "must have hated Rebecca and must have killed her." Ludicrous.

After 1,135 days in court, the Zahaus still have offered no real evidence, - just nine paid experts who will say what they are paid to - should the case ever get to trial. IMO, a trial is doubtful in light of the upcoming Summary Judgements in May.

Actually, that's not accurate. All three defendants were present at the scene of the crime that night. There was a great deal of evidence never tested and quite a bit of evidence, including of the presence of DNA of other people besides RZ on the rope, knives, RZ's personal belongings, etc. The crime scene was also contaminated by one of the defendants.

The police also have no evidence of of the alleged text message that Jonah sent RZ, that supposedly triggered her "suicide".

When was Dina there? And more importantly, what evidence has been found that all three were physically with RZ when she died?

In terms of the WDs, There is no evidence that all three defendants were at the crime scene at the same time engaging in the alleged scheme and plan to murder RZ as the plaintiffs claimed in the cause of action for wrongful death.

When was Dina there? And more importantly, what evidence has been found that all three were physically with RZ when she died?

In terms of the WDs, There is no evidence that all three defendants were at the crime scene at the same time engaging in the alleged scheme and plan to murder RZ as the plaintiffs claimed in the cause of action for wrongful death.

Two, Adam and Dina's sister Nina, both admit to being there that night. Adam was there all evening until morning when he discovered her body. Nina came the evening of her death. An eyewitness, who has given a statement to police, saw someone fitting the description of Dina there as well, shortly before RZ's death. She was seen pacing on the front porch, knocking on the door, then walking around the side of the house to the gate entrance at the back of the mansion.

^ Adam was sleeping in the guest house, Nina was there at 9: 50 and is who the witness saw, as Dina was with Jonah in Max's room until 1:00 am.

The witness also said the woman was about 5' 5" tall. That is Nina. It has been said on this tread that Dina is 6' tall.

What evidence is there that all three were there between 1:30 and 3:00 am romping around the courtyard, chasing Rebecca?

Where is the video of Dina leaving Rady's after 1 am? Where is the video of Nina walking back to Spreckles at that time???

Evidence. Real evidence. There is nothing.

Sorry, Betty P, the Zahaus have no evidence at all and their case is doomed, IMO.

For 1137 days, this case has been active. That's a very long time.

For 1137 days, this case has had legal basis to continue toward a jury trial.

For 1137 days this case has had enough solid legal merit to continuously move forward.

This case has a jury trial date of June 23, 2017. Like it or not, that means it IS going forward.

I'm sure the defendants are as eager to have their day in court, as the plaintiffs are. I think we should all appreciate and celebrate the journey.

"Appreciate and celebrate the journey" of a family trying to frame innocent people for murder in order to make a ton of money? Surely you jest.

After the eighth iteration of the Zahaus complaint the Court held “for pleading purposes alone, Plaintiffs had adequately alleged factual bases for their allegations."

At the Summary Judgement, Judge Bacall will look at the evidence - depositions, witness statements, and investigative documents that the Plantiffs and Defendants will present to make their case.

05/19/2017 01:30 PM C-69 Summary Judgment / Summary Adjudication (Civil)

IMO, it will be evident to the Judge that the Zahaus have no evidence to back up their claims.

For 1137 days, this case has been active. That's a very long time.

For 1137 days, this case has had legal basis to continue toward a jury trial.

For 1137 days this case has had enough solid legal merit to continuously move forward.

This case has a jury trial date of June 23, 2017. Like it or not, that means it IS going forward.

I'm sure the defendants are as eager to have their day in court, as the plaintiffs are. I think we should all appreciate and celebrate the journey.

I think it's important to note that you mention the case has had enough solid legal merit to continuously move forward. I will agree that based on the rules of civil procedure, the WDS has been filed with the courts in a manner that has given it the legal merit to continue so far, but that will be tested heavily at Summary Judgement.

In terms of legal merit, I will start with Judge Whelan's decision to allow the plaintiffs case to move forward. After previous failures to do so, the plaintiffs filed a complaint that listed specific facts to support their claim. Because of the Supreme Court ruling in the Twombly case, which Judge Whelan cited in his decision, the factual matter that a plaintiff uses to support their claim must be accepted as true. He also stated that he must view the factual allegations in the light most favorable to the plaintiffs. Again, whether or not the factual allegations are actually true, legally he had to accept them as true because the factual allegations supported the plaintiffs theory of RZ's death.

Judge Bacal, again, in looking at the WDS, has determined that the allegations and facts put forth by the plaintiffs to support their case, which must be seen as most favorable to the plaintiffs, meet the legal standard to move forward with discovery, depositions, etc. I think it's important to note that she did inform the plaintiffs attorneys that she found it nescessary to remind them that the allegations and factual contentions they have made against the defendants are supported by evidence or are likely to have evidence to prove them and that the case isn't being brought for an improper purpose.

I think summary judgement will be telling as to what admissible evidence the plaintiffs have to support their claims and what response they have to the defendants motions.

So yes, it is moving forward but summary judgement should be taken seriously and could prevent a jury trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two, Adam and Dina's sister Nina, both admit to being there that night. Adam was there all evening until morning when he discovered her body. Nina came the evening of her death. An eyewitness, who has given a statement to police, saw someone fitting the description of Dina there as well, shortly before RZ's death. She was seen pacing on the front porch, knocking on the door, then walking around the side of the house to the gate entrance at the back of the mansion.

BBM - BettyP :wave:

Yes, and the eyewitness gave a statement to the police the very same day. Same day and reported directly to the police are two things recently revealed in the WDS. I bring this up because some have alleged the eyewitness only spoke to Bremner not the police. The WDS proved this allegation to be false.

Snip-

In a series of emails and interviews with News 8, Bremner said the witness now believes the woman he saw was Nina's sister, Dina Shacknai.

"The witness sent me a picture of Dina and said it was Dina," according to Bremner, who said the witness was riding a bicycle by the home at approximately 10:20 p.m. on July 12.

"He was going by and saw somebody with a large, black bag trying to get in the front door and looking around and going to the back of the house," Bremner said. "She was 40 to 50 years, 5'5", 170 to 190 lbs., long dark hair; wearing a black and white striped short sleeve shirt," said Bremner.

"He is positive it (was) Dina and she was acting very suspiciously," Bremner wrote. "He has seen subsequent news reports that said Nina was out front and he said that's not the person he saw."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

I read here and believe it was suicide. I'm not sure why those of us who believe this was suicide are ganged up on. Because I don't think Dina, Nina, or Adam had anything to do with RZ's death, In my eyes they are victims as well, Dina lost her son. I feel bad for all involved. Jmo

Hi Mollyandme :wave:

I agree, it is sad for everyone involved. I respect your right to have a different opinion. I appreciate your posts. Different opinions and points of views are healthy. What is not acceptable is baiting by turning an opinion into a fact or where having the last post on a thread is seemingly of the upmost importance.

Respectfully, have you been to the LHK forum where there are threads dedicated to attacking, outing and insulting posters from WS? Not only do they attack the plaintiffs in this case, they attack posters, mods or anyone who has the opinion Rebecca was murdered. Imo, that is a gang and the definition of ganging up on. After 5 years of intimidation tactics used on posters, as well as insulting the Zahau family, even down to Rebecca's tattooed eyeliner, you're going to see some tension. There are several forums on the web where one can discuss this case. Just like WS you won't see threads especially designed to mock posters opinions. "Zhing", being an example. WS rules do not allow posters who bait and attack. Most forums require manners.

There have been a handful of account names created here at WS to harass Zahau supporters and the case. Most are now inactive. That is bullying. The names they register under always have some hidden meaning or something to mock the Zahau family. As well, several social media accounts created to harass the Zahau family. Zahau Con Artists, Zahau Gold Diggers, etc...

Imo, there seems to be more members who post here in support of the Zahau family rather than the defendants. Does this mean posters here at WS are being ganged up on? No, it simply means the majority voice is louder than the minority. JMO.

in my opinion, there has been a consistent hatred toward Dina on this thread. If someone thinks RZ committed suicide and has backed up why they feel that way, I don't think it's obsessive or out of proportion with reality when the defendants have been equally vilified, with DS recently being described as a "lying, delusional, hate filled scorned spouse."

The rudeness, allegations, and exaggerations in all directions on this thread is gross. Seriously, I cannot decipher facts from nastiness on this case. I beg of you all, please put "MOO" or "IMO" or any of those other opinion-noting code words if you are just spouting hate about the people involved.

"lying, delusional, hate filled scorned spouse."

Dina Romano is a liar. Fact. Not opinion.
She calls herself a doctor, scientist and a Coronado homeowner. She is none of those.

Dina Romano is delusional. Fact. Not opinion.
She believed she was a doctor, scientist and believed others would believe her.

Dina Romano is filled with hate and rage. Displaced as it may be.
She went on a media blitz accusing two Zahau sisters of murdering a little boy.

Dina Romano is scorned.
For crying out loud. Her then husband, multi-millionaire shacknai, moved out of his house on Christmas Eve while she was up north at her parents home. If that isn't scorned, I don't know what is.

Having stated the above, I do apologize for saying "hate filled scorned spouse".
I should have stated hate filled scorned ex spouse.

Spreckel's is back on the market for the tune of $15+ million. I guess Jonah thinks enough time has passed that prospective buyers won't know, or care, about the bad happenings. Does he need the money or is he cutting ties?

Spreckel's is back on the market for the tune of $15+ million. I guess Jonah thinks enough time has passed that prospective buyers won't know, or care, about the bad happenings. Does he need the money or is he cutting ties?

Maybe the market picked up a little? Or maybe he does think enough time has passed and memories have faded. Or maybe he'd like to unload it before the trial and he figures he'd better list it now. The quickie renovation and attempted sale after RZ's murder was tasteless, at a minimum, and seemed to me to be just another step in the coverup, sanctioned by the San Diego death "investigators." I don't doubt Jonah wants nothing more to do with the place, however.

Yea, the fastest he can remove it from the sunshines of his memories, he thinks he'll feel better. Screw you *******, and all the evil you think you hide.

Every single time that the conversation turns to the Zahaus' lack of evidence, those posting for the Zahaus attempt to change the subject. All of the former postings are stating "facts" that aren't really facts, and you will notice there no links.

What do other websites have to do with evidence? What do they have to do with the conversation here? I do find that comment ironic since the Zahau posters here recently started their own forum that is simply a place to bash and vilify the mother of a dead child, Dina Shacknai.

I have seen no screen names used in this forum "used to harass Zahau supporters and the case", and I have been posting here quite a while. IMO, that statement is a total fabrication to justify the vicious tactics of some of the Zahau followers in these threads toward anyone who dares to agree with four law enforcement agencies that Rebecca Zahau committed suicide. Just look at how people posting on the "Why you think it was Suicide" thread were bullied.

There have been extremely cruel, hateful, vicious, and insulting comments about Dina Shacknai, from her being a horrible unfit mother for feeding Max pizza to a total, out and out attempt at character assassination by saying she is violent and a drunk when there is absolutely no evidence of that at all.

And yes, she is a Doctor. She has a Psy.D.

https://psychboard.az.gov/sites/default/files/4.3.15_0.pdf

http://www.capella.edu/blogs/cublog/doctor-of-psychology-or-phd-in-psychology/

Psychology is considered a Science by many in the field. Obviously, Dr. Shacknai considers herself a scientist, so that was not a lie.

If one is a psychologist or even has a passing interest in the field, one has likely encountered the question about whether psychology is truly a science or not. The debate has been prominent since psychology’s inception in the second half of the nineteenth century, and is evident in comments like that by William James who referred to it as “that dirty little science”. Scholars of the field know this debate has continued on and off, right up through the present day.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge/201601/the-is-psychology-science-debate

As to whether she owns a home in Coronado, that is an opinion. We simply do not know who was the owner of the home she lived in there, or what the legal arrangement for their property was when Jonah and Dina divorced.

Another poster says that Jonah is selling Speckels, again, with no link to prove that the mansion is up for sale. They are also incorrect stating that Jonah is selling it.

Shacknai, who bought the home for $12.5 million in 2007, had planned a complete remodel but never started construction. County records show he sold the property for $9 million in July to a limited liability company, which during a lengthy escrow period spent $2.4 million in upgrades and $330,000 in furnishings.

The principal in the new ownership is Robert Harris, owner of a Logan, Utah-based private aircraft company who also owns two homes in Coronado Cays.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...sion-suicide-listing-2013dec20-htmlstory.html

Last, but not least, notice that nasty comments are still being made about Jonah Shacknai - when he is in no way accused of Rebecca's death by the Zahaus and was on camera at RMH at the time of Rebecca's dramatic suicide. That shows how unfounded in reality and illogical many of the comments are in this forum about the Shacknai family.

Now, could we please get back to discussing the Evidence revealed during this WDS?

Do the Zahau have any evidence at all to prove that anyone other than Rebecca was in the courtyard or her office that morning?

Or is it, as I maintain, a case made up out of lies, half-truths, manufactured information, and the intentional avoidance of truthful information about Rebecca's suicide?

Another poster says that Jonah is selling Speckels, again, with no link to prove that the mansion is up for sale. They are also incorrect stating that Jonah is selling it.

You are flat out wrong. Big "coming soon" add in the Coronado Eagle spotlighting the sale of the "mansion". Give Scott Aurich a call...

^ IIRC, Dina Romano was NOT a doctor of ANY kind when she gave her speech to the council. Unless she considered herself a doctor and scientist in the field of witchery.

As far as my statement regarding home/property ownership...not an opinion. Fact. Her name was never listed on the tax rolls.

My statement regarding Jonah Shacknai, no where in there was anything about him murdering Rebecca.
Reread my post. Slowly. Your response indicates to me you not only had trouble comprehending, and instead of asking me to clarify, you took it upon yourself fabricate.

^ The only witch in this case is Rebeccca Zahau, since a book on witchcraft was found in her office - complete with instructions on knot tying, how to bind yourself, and the use of a red rope.

Dina is and was a Psy.D.

The tax rolls? Do you have a link for said "tax rolls?" If not, just another rumor.

If you did not mean to be nasty about Jonah Shacknai in your post, my apologies. But IMO, it seemed rather mean-spirited about a man who lost his grilfriend and child within days of each other and is not accused of anything by the Zahaus. You wrote:

Yea, the fastest he can remove it from the sunshines of his memories, he thinks he'll feel better. Screw you *******, and all the evil you think you hide.

I went back to re-read it, and it still reads that way, iMO. But I will take your word that you did not mean it the way it read to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back