Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read it here that there was a book on japanese binding in her office, If this is not correct I apologize.

I think you probably read a post by a person more interested in demonizing Rebecca than learning about how she and Max died. If I recall correctly, the book was in a spare room at Spreckels that Rebecca had some paperwork in. It wasn't her office, per se, and there's no evidence, to my knowledge, that the book was hers or she'd ever laid a finger on it. I don't believe it was taken into evidence, either, but if I'm wrong on that I'm sure someone will correct me.

The person interested in demonizing Rebecca went on at great length in multiple posts about RZ's supposed affinity for "rope play." Again, to my knowledge, there is no evidence whatsoever to back up that allegation.

Also, as I recall, Jonah did not go to Spreckels at any point while his girlfriend's body lay in the courtyard, exposed to the elements, for 12-13 hours. I've always found the fact that they left her naked body laying in the sun all day to be one of the most disturbing, despicable elements of this case. To my knowledge, it's never been explained. Were they hoping to degrade as much physical evidence as possible on her body (not even sure if that's possible, but it crossed my mind)? Or were the "death investigators" too busy cooking up their suicide ruse to bother with her exposed corpse?

I get angry every time I think about that.

I think more than any other WTF? about this case, (and there are many) , the fact that a nude, bound body lay in the sun for half a day before they covered or removed it leaves me gobsmacked. :mad:

I think you probably read a post by a person more interested in demonizing Rebecca than learning about how she and Max died. If I recall correctly, the book was in a spare room at Spreckels that Rebecca had some paperwork in. It wasn't her office, per se, and there's no evidence, to my knowledge, that the book was hers or she'd ever laid a finger on it. I don't believe it was taken into evidence, either, but if I'm wrong on that I'm sure someone will correct me.

The person interested in demonizing Rebecca went on at great length in multiple posts about RZ's supposed affinity for "rope play." Again, to my knowledge, there is no evidence whatsoever to back up that allegation.

Actually, I've never seen any evidence that such a book was in the house. It's never been mentioned in the search warrants, investigative reports or news media. So it really should be considered a rumor, not fact.

A tugboat's captain doesn't seem likely to be messy, inept, or disorganized. I think he is more likely to be meticulous. Everything would need to be 'ship-shape' for a vessel to do that kind of work, or else safety of the vessel and the boats it attends would be at risk.

But does a tugboat captain know how to clean up a crime scene? Because the room where RZ was attacked and the tools and supplies used to kill her (knives, rope, paint brushes, gloves, etc.) were all cleaned. Most of them, especially the knives, had no traces of anyone's DNA on them. Someone cleaned up the crime scene. A person committing suicide doesn't do that. It seems a little unusual that a tugboat captain might have those skills.

But does a tugboat captain know how to clean up a crime scene? Because the room where RZ was attacked and the tools and supplies used to kill her (knives, rope, paint brushes, gloves, etc.) were all cleaned. Most of them, especially the knives, had no traces of anyone's DNA on them. Someone cleaned up the crime scene. A person committing suicide doesn't do that. It seems a little unusual that a tugboat captain might have those skills.

Not being a tugboat captain myself, I can't say for sure, but as a person who is used to maintaining a boat (or watching my honey do so!), I know that immaculate is the standard for most boat owners. And whoever did kill her had several hours to clean up.
I hold no particular opinion as to who might have done this, but I wouldn't rule out Adam only because he's socially awkward.

Dina was and is my number 1 suspect. Motive? Her childs death.

A tugboat's captain doesn't seem likely to be messy, inept, or disorganized. I think he is more likely to be meticulous. Everything would need to be 'ship-shape' for a vessel to do that kind of work, or else safety of the vessel and the boats it attends would be at risk.

I never said because he's a tugboat captain that that indicates he's disorganized and socially inept.

I based Adam's disorganization and ineptitude on his behaviors and bumbling words according to several sources:
1) LE who interviewed him who reported that Adam stated, "My bedside manner is not that bad" when LE asked him what happened to Rebecca the morning he found her nude body presumably hanging;
2) 911 call wherein he states, "Got a girl, hung herself" and subsequently could not give the correct address to 911 operator as if he didn't know the address of Spreckels mansion despite the fact that he's been there, we are told by insider, many times and always stayed in the guesthouse in the back;
3) Rebecca's sister Mary's testimony wherein she said Rebecca told her Adam asked her if she wanted ambien; and
4) descriptions by insider who informed us he was 'socially inept' and awkward with people.

Not being a tugboat captain myself, I can't say for sure, but as a person who is used to maintaining a boat (or watching my honey do so!), I know that immaculate is the standard for most boat owners. And whoever did kill her had several hours to clean up.
I hold no particular opinion as to who might have done this, but I wouldn't rule out Adam only because he's socially awkward.
I was married to a commercial fisherman, who was Captain of his 65' tuna boat. I agree that he was highly organized, extremely neat, and always well prepared to handle any situation quickly, and correctly, at sea. His life, and his crew's lives, depended on those qualities. I imagine a tug Captain has similar responsibilities, and qualities.

MOO

Moraq & Betty P, I don’t know how accurate the two job descriptions (below) are, but they describe responsibilities and technical skills (which appear to require high level manual dexterity and a general mental competence) for tugboat captains, and gives general description that tugboats are “Vessels needing tugging include barges, offshore oil rigs and ships that have been broken down and need repairing.” Hence there does appear to be extensive manual labor by hand of repairing, cleaning, tidying, organizing, and preparing things onboard the tugboat…

However, cleaning a boat is not described as part of the captain’s usual duties, but rather they are chores for an underling such as a seaman…Nevertheless, I would imagine that captains generally rise in rank after servicing lower level positions, which means it’s likely Adam used to be a general seaman who did menial housekeeping chores including cleaning and sterilizing the decks. In other words, Adam could very well have cleaned up after the murder.

In fact, it is even more likely that if Adam had been medicated with Ambien, that he would do “routine, easy to do, easy to follow orders” type chores such as cleaning up the crime scene (wiping down the furniture and balcony doorknobs of fingerprints, turning off the lights in the bedroom after cleaning) and obeying simple commands from a “master” such as Dina instructing him to tie tugboat rope around bed leg, make noose around Rebecca’s neck and throw her over the balcony railing…and even subjected himself to obeying Dina to paint the cryptic words in black on the bedroom door…

By jove, this appears to fit in line with the theory that Dina masterminded his compliance as a stooge for the murder/clean up of Rebecca.

It would be spectacular if Greer could get the cellphone records of Dina and Adam and see if they had communicated by phone, and how many times they contacted each other. if there is back and forth communication between the two, then we safely deduce that Dina asked Adam to come to Spreckels, stay the night there, and assist her in Rebecca’s hanging murder.

~~~~~
“Tugboats are those which help ships and other vessels to move in constricted areas like canals and ports. Vessels needing tugging include barges, offshore oil rigs and ships that have been broken down and need repairing.

Captain: The tugboat captain is like the captain of any other ship. He has to have leadership skills and needs to be a team player in order to ensure the smooth functioning of the tugboat operations. Other job requirements include experience of working in a tugboat in the position of a mate, excellent technological skills with respect to operation of the radars, speed of the tugboat, etc. and acting as recruiters for new tugboat employees.

Education-wise, the captain of the tugboat needs to have the required certification which is classified on the basis of tonnage of the tugboat. Additionally, certain companies engaged in tugboat operations require the applicants to have experience of having worked in specific water areas. The captain of the tugboat also needs to have a STCW 95 certification in order to be eligible to apply for the post.”

http://www.marineinsight.com/careers-2/the-3-main-types-of-jobs-on-a-tugboat/

"Tugboat Captain: Commands tugboat to tow barges and ships into and out of harbors, estuaries, straits, and sounds, and on rivers, lakes, and bays: Signals workers on deck to rig towlines to barges or ship to be towed. Determines course and towing speed on basis of specialized knowledge of local winds, weather, tides, and current. Steers tugboat to push or pull barges to destination and to berth and unberth ships, avoiding reefs, outlying shoals, and other hazards to shipping, utilizing navigation devices, for example radar, sonic depth finder, compass and sextant and aids to navigation, for example lighthouses and buoys. Directs placement of suction hose or siphon to pump water from hold of barge, and signals workers to repair leak. Is required to hold license issued by U.S. Coast Guard."

http://www.job-descriptions.org/tugboat-captain.html

Dina was and is my number 1 suspect. Motive? Her childs death.

I want to hear from the doctors and nursing staff treating Max - the doctors at the two hospitals, not doctor FOJs (friends of Jonah). Hopefully there's no one inside the hospitals who was influenced by the behind-the-scene FOJs who were manipulating the information and story line.

I want to know exactly what was said by the medical professionals to J and D Shacknai, and anyone else allowed to visit Max, and when those conversations took place.

Dina is a liar. There is no way she didn't know Maxie was brain dead. No way.

She may have done her magic on Greer, she may be able to put the screws to Jonah via Adam, but the 'whole world' will forever and a day believe and never forget she is a cold blooded, vile murderer.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

One of the possibilities I've always mulled about in my head is what if someone ( not Dina) wanted RZ's death to look like an accident. Give her an Ambien and make it look like she jumped off a bridge. No telling tales that could harm family members.....When she wouldn't accept the Ambien, she wasn't as easy to control.

Disclaimer we: I'm not saying that this happened but I've always thought that it was within the realm of possibility. Plan B in all its messy action

?...

Give her an Ambien and make it look like she jumped off a bridge. No telling tales that could harm family members.....When she wouldn't accept the Ambien, she wasn't as easy to contro

Occam's Razor once again comes to my mind...

Am I remembering another case, or was there some mention of Coke or Dr. Pepper in this case?

^^^ yes. Dr Pepper.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I notice someone voted on Max back injuries.
Looks like someone slammed his scooter against the rail. There is even paint transfer on the scooter wheel and gashes on the rail. Rebecca in the bathroom thought Max was in kitchen. Instead he went upstairs.
Next:

I notice someone voted on Max back injuries.
Looks like someone slammed his scooter against the rail. There is even paint transfer on the scooter wheel and gashes on the rail. Rebecca in the bathroom thought Max was in kitchen. Instead he went upstairs.
Next:

Seems likely that, as soon as she went into the bathroom to apply make-up/get ready to take the kids out, Max took the opportunity to go upstairs with his scooter and perform a forbidden trick. Have seen kids do that before, take off the minute they think your back is turned or you're going to be busy for a few minutes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian
Back