Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In all due respect, blaming Dina and Nina for a murder because of my posts is not rational. And I can assure you that I do not despise Rebecca at all. I did not/do not know her or the twins. I am sure she was very sweet and nice in person. But I do believe the investigation got it correctly. Just because I believe she committed suicide does not mean I "hate" Rebecca.

I do think, however, that she had some severe emotional problems she had been hiding for quite a while.

-She was molested from the age of 8 to 16 in Nepal.
- She faked a kidnapping in order to "escape" a relationship she had been in for 8 months.
- She frequently lied about things - that she was divorced, separated, owned her house (she owned it with Neil), was sexually harassed at work, that she got Ocean from a co-worker (it was Neil's dog), Max said Ocean, etc.
- According to her husband, Neil, she wanted a life of money.
- She was convicted of shoplifting $1000 worth of jewelry at the age of 30, and while she was with Jonah.
- She was usually happy, but the 40 hours between Max's accident and her suicide she was described as crying, quiet, somber, and would not answer the family's questions, yet to Mary, she was upbeat and happy.
- There were searches for *advertiser censored* on her computer in the 24 hours before her death during times only she was there.
- Her diary shows how unhappy she was and that she did not believe Jonah loved her as much as she professed to love him.
- She did not get much sleep that Monday night and she was known as someone who needed sleep. On Tuesday, she had a very frantic day, making or receiving over 90 phone calls or texts. I think she was in a very bad state personally, and when Jonah left the message she snapped.
- She left an envelope with money, credit cards, and important papers addressed to her family.
- She copied the suicide in the movie, The Housemaid, which was found at the scene.
- She had a book on witchcraft with diagrams of how to bind yourself in her office.
- Jonah told investigations he may have said something to make her think it was over in the message he left.

And then there is all the physical evidence that says it was Rebecca and only Rebecca.

But I do not hate her, despite being accused of that often in this thread. I just did not jump on the rush to judgement "it was murder train". I waited until the results were in and agreed with LE based on the science. DNA and fingerprints do not lie. I never realized that agreeing with Law Enforcement - and 4 separate agencie at that - could be so controversial.

I think Jonah himself was not buying what Rebecca was saying about the accident that Tuesday, even if Dina and Nina were. He was he one that was having conversations with her, and he is a very, very smart man and was a lawyer. He would have caught any inconsistencies in her stories.
Do you have a link for the "envelope with money, credit cards, and important papers addressed to her family" statement? I have never heard this.

Please and thank you.

LISTEN & COMPARE ADAM'S FIRST REACTION TO FINDING REBECCA TIED AND STRUNG UP, TO THE INITIAL STATEMENT GIVEN BY SDSO CAPT TIM CURAN TO LOCAL MEDIA (AND PUBLIC) GATHERED OUTSIDE THE SCENE

Adam called 911 on his cell phone at 6:45 a.m. on July 13 to report finding his brother's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, 32, hanging from a courtyard balcony:

DISPATCHER: 911 emergency. What are you reporting?

ADAM SHACKNAI: Yeah, I got a girl hung herself in the guest house of ah... it's on Ocean Blvd. across from the hotel; the same place that you came and got the kid yesterday.

DISPATCHER: Okay, sir, what is the address?

ADAM SHACKNAI: I'm not sure, ah, I'm not sure. Let me call you back.

DISPATCHER: Okay, sir, is she still alive?

ADAM SHACKNAI: I don't know ...................

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/161508...coronados-spreckels-mansion?clienttype=mobile

CAPT CURAN: ...Just to say it appears a violent death....

http://www.cbs8.com/clip/6048652/violent-death-for-woman-found-in-coronado-mansion

IMO, the only part of Adam's statement that's true is that the guest house was the location of Rebecca's violent death.

Good catch there, Seattle1!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

IN THE GUEST HOUSE?????? I never knew he said that... that she hung herself in the guest house.

did she? did they move her body?

was he just nervous and meant he was in the guest house..I mean he says "she hung herself in the guest house.

ok, well that sort of fits my theory that he chased her all over the yard and this explains the muddy feet and the underwear, and my feeling that she was sexually assaulted and murdered in the guest house by jonah's brother..
that she was demonized and rejected and came to her fate because she neglected that child and that neglect
resulted in his death. What a great excuse to rape and kill your brother's grade A arm candy .

a murder done out of grief, hatred, revenge and sexual depravity.

as they say...an open door is an oppourtunity

Hey Screecher...did Rebbeca say Dina was going to kill her ?

Seattle1: what screecher said! Wow! I don't think I've ever seen that discussed here. "Hung herself in the guest house" ... wow.

"A girl" and "the kid." Very strange way to describe his brother's quite obviously dead GF and his own 6-year-old, gravely injured nephew. WTH is wrong with Adam?

I don't normally put a lot of stock in the specific words people use, especially when they're stressed, but ... WTH?

Hey Screecher...did Rebbeca say Dina was going to kill her ?
Yes indeed, she did.

While XZ was cleaning up the mess of Maxie's accident (first responders debrie, shards of glass from chandelier) she was cut on her leg. A LE officer had driven XZ and Rebecca to an urgi-care. XZ had her wound cleaned out and then sutured. On the way to the urgi-care, Rebecca stated

"Dina is going to kill me."

LE had recorded this in his report.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Here's the audio, or that portion that has been publicly released

[video=youtube;nyGs0d2d-ck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyGs0d2d-ck[/video]

Yes, he says "guest house". If Adam killed her in the guest house, is he, alone, really smart enough to stage the crime scene in the balcony bedroom? And again, what's with all the stuff that was left in the balcony bedroom (listed on the search warrant). All the different pairs of gloves, different cups and cans of soda, etc.?

I'm going to have to go back to look at those old photos of the guest house

Seattle1: what screecher said! Wow! I don't think I've ever seen that discussed here. "Hung herself in the guest house" ... wow.

"A girl" and "the kid." Very strange way to describe his brother's quite obviously dead GF and his own 6-year-old, gravely injured nephew. WTH is wrong with Adam?

I don't normally put a lot of stock in the specific words people use, especially when they're stressed, but ... WTH?

Equally disturbing is that within one hour of Adam's 911 call, the Shacknai's including Dina proclaimed Rebecca "killed herself." It's been reported that by 6:48AM, Adam notified Jonah by TEXT message that Becky "killed herself." By 7:00AM, allegedly sight unseen, Jonah phoned Dina also telling her that Rebecca "killed herself." This was all before SDSO arrived to the scene and ME called! Yes, WTH??

Equally disturbing is that within one hour of Adam's 911 call, the Shacknai's including Dina proclaimed Rebecca "killed herself." It's been reported that before 6:30AM, Adam notified Jonah by TEXT message that Becky "killed herself." By 7:00AM, Jonah phoned Dina also telling her that Rebecca "killed herself." This was all before SDSO arrived to the scene and ME called! Yes, WTH??

Also, as I recall, Jonah did not go to Spreckels at any point while his girlfriend's body lay in the courtyard, exposed to the elements, for 12-13 hours. I've always found the fact that they left her naked body laying in the sun all day to be one of the most disturbing, despicable elements of this case. To my knowledge, it's never been explained. Were they hoping to degrade as much physical evidence as possible on her body (not even sure if that's possible, but it crossed my mind)? Or were the "death investigators" too busy cooking up their suicide ruse to bother with her exposed corpse?

I get angry every time I think about that.

Here's the audio, or that portion that has been publicly released

[video=youtube;nyGs0d2d-ck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyGs0d2d-ck[/video]

Yes, he says "guest house". If Adam killed her in the guest house, is he, alone, really smart enough to stage the crime scene in the balcony bedroom? And again, what's with all the stuff that was left in the balcony bedroom (listed on the search warrant). All the different pairs of gloves, different cups and cans of soda, etc.?

I'm going to have to go back to look at those old photos of the guest house

Nod. I don't think if Adam was involved in Rebecca's murder that he'd have acted alone. no way. The guy is so hapless and inept, disorganized...he seems socially awkward, communicates ineffectively to the point where he adds incoherent info to his statements to LE such as "got a girl, hung herself, in the guesthouse?" and told LE he "didn't think his bedside manner is that bad" when he just found a woman hanging! lol And Adam seems messy and undone. I don't think he would have cleaned up the crime scene at all. That doesn't conform to his disheveled demeanor, low level intelligence, and his scatterbrained mental state.

How would she hang herself in the guesthouse? There's no balcony there. Maybe he meant he was staying in the guesthouse, or that he was coming out of the guesthouse and that's when he saw her hanging at the main house balcony? Or maybe he figured that's also a guesthouse because that balcony is in the back of the house??

Maybe in his discomfort, he says bizarre stuff as jokes to break the tension? I dont know. He just seems like a shy fool...

I believe he was a stooge. If he was involved in Becky's death, he was definitely not the ringleader. Dina/Jonah was. I'm of course more prone towards believing it was Dina because again why would Jonah want to dirty his reputation further after Max's severe accident, particularly as you said, his company was under plans for a merger/buyout?

I think if Jonah were involved, he'd have simply hired a hitman and not purposefully put his own brother at the house where the murder was done. Even if he invited his brother, I think he would have told Adam to stay at RMH with him or go to a hotel near hospital. Why purposefully have his own blood sibling be at the murder scene? So his brother wouldn't have an alibi? so that Jonah would then necessarily be dragged into a dirty murder investigation at his 'beloved' spreckels?

No. That doesn't jive with what we are told by insider that he is methodical and a psychopath. If he wanted Rebecca dead, he'd have either NOT invite Adam to the spreckels, or have Adam stay at RMH/hotel away from Spreckels, and hire a professional hitman to do the kill AWAY from the spreckels.

Would it have been much easier for Jonah if he simply hired a professional and told the hitman to kill Rebecca in the ocean which was only a few feet from the spreckels while making certain the murder was away from spreckels?

So I believe Dina was the mastermind behind the murder. She's the only one with that creative, drama ridden, evil, manipulative mind. She's apparently the only one who could 'charm' men into doing her bidding. Note how Greer did an about-face at the presser, almost fawning over Dina...

It was a very unusual crime scene, not your typical hanging.

The idea that this was a hit because of some strong arm situation against Jonah rings kind of off to me, because mafia does not kill children and cartels like bloody massacre style murders. A debt collector knee breaker is not going to throw a child off a railing. I have never heard of this kind of thing, usually it's a hand in a car door, blackmail etc..

no way.

I do think this...who ever staged this, knew her proclivities, Knew about The Maid, knew about her interest in the art of binding, knew all her stuff.

This would be Jonah.

They had all night to cover this up. He's not stupid either, he could leave his phone at the hospital. I can see her wanting to die because of this awful incident, but look how it appears to be all about her..

dramatic
naked
vengeful with a scrawled message

none of it says shame, or regret, there is no apology, no message of a broken heart ...not even a narcissists manipulative note..saying that Jonah is the cause, or the old, I know you wish me dead so now you have your wish.

COVER UP.

Great post!

The recent turn of events in this lawsuit are perplexing in some ways but no more so than both deaths as a whole are with their mysterious unknown facts. Undoubtedly, there is a profound untold story about Max’s death which springboards the mystery of Rebecca’s death even further in its trajectory.

IMO, and I have held this from the very beginning, the real elephant in the room is Jonah Shacknai. The public has only heard from him through a few crafted statements. That, along with what I believe are reputation management firms’ “articles” in the media attempting to persuade the public to neuter Jonah’s involvement, has left him free to quietly maneuver his considerable influence with buddies early on such as Sheriff Gore and Gore’s followers. And I don’t doubt that it continues today.

I will not hold my breath expecting Jonah to ever step forward and shed light on what he knows about Max’s death or Rebecca’s death. But I do hold that he and/or his children were there when Max fell and that Rebecca became the unwitting stooge to honor Jonah’s secrets about that day. And that got her killed. All simply my opinion.

I couldn't agree with you more Justice Be Served!

It was a very unusual crime scene, not your typical hanging.

The idea that this was a hit because of some strong arm situation against Jonah rings kind of off to me, because mafia does not kill children and cartels like bloody massacre style murders. A debt collector knee breaker is not going to throw a child off a railing. I have never heard of this kind of thing, usually it's a hand in a car door, blackmail etc..

no way.

I do think this...who ever staged this, knew her proclivities, Knew about The Maid, knew about her interest in the art of binding, knew all her stuff.

This would be Jonah.

They had all night to cover this up. He's not stupid either, he could leave his phone at the hospital. I can see her wanting to die because of this awful incident, but look how it appears to be all about her..

dramatic
naked
vengeful with a scrawled message

none of it says shame, or regret, there is no apology, no message of a broken heart ...not even a narcissists manipulative note..saying that Jonah is the cause, or the old, I know you wish me dead so now you have your wish.

COVER UP.

What's your link that Rebecca had an "interest in binding"???

Great post!

The recent turn of events in this lawsuit are perplexing in some ways but no more so than both deaths as a whole are with their mysterious unknown facts. Undoubtedly, there is a profound untold story about Max’s death which springboards the mystery of Rebecca’s death even further in its trajectory.

IMO, and I have held this from the very beginning, the real elephant in the room is Jonah Shacknai. The public has only heard from him through a few crafted statements. That, along with what I believe are reputation management firms’ “articles” in the media attempting to persuade the public to neuter Jonah’s involvement, has left him free to quietly maneuver his considerable influence with buddies early on such as Sheriff Gore and Gore’s followers. And I don’t doubt that it continues today.

I will not hold my breath expecting Jonah to ever step forward and shed light on what he knows about Max’s death or Rebecca’s death. But I do hold that he and/or his children were there when Max fell and that Rebecca became the unwitting stooge to honor Jonah’s secrets about that day. And that got her killed. All simply my opinion.

Do you know how to get hold of Jonah's deposition? The single one that he gave to Zahau lawyer Greer?

I wonder why Dina, if she suspects Jonah's teenager kids or Jonah himself of being involved in Maxie's accident inside the Spreckels mansion, why she didn't ask Jonah for a deposition? She appeared to have asked every single nonparticipant, irrelevant person outside of both Max and Rebecca's deaths, e.g., Neil, Mrs. Luber, Rebecca's siblings who were nowhere near Coronado or San Diego or even in the country of US...

Also, why didn't Dina have Dr. Luber deposed? Dr. Luber was present at the last dinner that Rebecca had at restaurant with Jonah and Adam before she was violently assaulted and murdered. He also has an adjoining house to the Spreckels mansion where he could easily have slipped into the mansion and perhaps helped with the murder, no?

Did Dr. Luber have a solid alibi the night to morning of Rebecca's hanging murder?

Very odd that Dina didn't have either Jonah, the father to her one and only biological son Maxie, who was the primary caregiver overseeing Maxie during his accident, and Dr. Luber, the best friend of Jonah who was reported to have rushed to the hospital to be at Jonah's side to comfort and give him medical guidance over Maxie?

I read it here that there was a book on japanese binding in her office, If this is not correct I apologize.

Nod. I don't think if Adam was involved in Rebecca's murder that he'd have acted alone. no way. The guy is so hapless and inept, disorganized...he seems socially awkward, communicates ineffectively to the point where he adds incoherent info to his statements to LE such as "got a girl, hung herself, in the guesthouse?" and told LE he "didn't think his bedside manner is that bad" when he just found a woman hanging! lol And Adam seems messy and undone. I don't think he would have cleaned up the crime scene at all. That doesn'tgg conform to his disheveled demeanor, low level intelligence, and his scatterbrained mental state.
y
How would she hang herself in the guesthouse? There's no balcony there. Maybe he meant he was staying in the guesthouse, or that he was coming out of the guesthouse and that's when he saw her hanging at the main house balcony? Or maybe he figured that's also a guesthouse because that balcony is in the back of the house??

Maybe in his discomfort, he says bizarre stuff as jokes to break the tension? I dont know. He just seems like a shy fool...

I believe he was a stooge. If he was involved in Becky's death, he was definitely not the ringleader. Dina/Jonah was. I'm of course more prone towards believing it was Dina because again why would Jonah want to dirty his reputation further after Max's severe accident, particularly as you said, his company was under plans for a merger/buyout?

I think if Jonah were involved, he'd have simply hired a hitman and not purposefully put his own brother at the house where the murder was done. Even if he invited his brother, I think he would have told Adam to stay at RMH with him or go to a hotel near hospital. Why purposefully have his own blood sibling be at the murder scene? So his brother wouldn't have an alibi? so that Jonah would then necessarily be dragged into a dirty murder investigation at his 'beloved' spreckels?

No. That doesn't jive with what we are told by insider that he is methodical and a psychopath. If he wanted Rebecca dead, he'd have either NOT invite Adam to the spreckels, or have Adam stay at RMH/hotel away from Spreckels, and hire a professional hitman to do the kill AWAY from the spreckels.

Would it have been much easier for Jonah if he simply hired a professional and told the hitman to kill Rebecca in the ocean which was only a few feet from the spreckels while making certain the murder was away from spreckels?

So I believe Dina was the mastermind behind the murder. She's the only one with that creative, drama ridden, evil, manipulative mind. She's apparently the only one who could 'charm' men into doing her bidding. Note how Greer did an about-face at the presser, almost fawning over Dina...

A tugboat's captain doesn't seem likely to be messy, inept, or disorganized. I think he is more likely to be meticulous. Everything would need to be 'ship-shape' for a vessel to do that kind of work, or else safety of the vessel and the boats it attends would be at risk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne966
Back