DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really Softail it's happened in other cases. Check these out:

Witness Outburst Spurs Mistrial

Judge Declares Mistrial after Outburst in Court

and this one right here in Florida
Judge Declares Mistrial in Leon Davis, Jr. trial

So it really isn't treating KC differently. Mistrials can and do happen when there are outbursts in the court in front of the jury. I wouldn't want to risk it after the difficulty they are going to in order to seat the fairest jury possible. I wouldn't be at all surprised if having a few outbursts in order to stop the trial is part of the Anthony's agenda.

:eek: :eek:

They should stay out then! :tyou:

Originally Posted by animallover
I have no problem with George, Cindy, and Lee being in court during the trial....Just as long as they are bound, gagged, and place behind door ONE, TWO, or THREE.

in the courtroom down the hall, right?

Actually, my mind sees them in the parking lot of a bus station.....with three LARGE busses reving their engines!!

in the courtroom down the hall, right?:floorlaugh:

George and Cindy lost the right to be recognized as Caylee's grandparents almost three years ago when they opened the door to ICA's car and smelled the odor of death.

Perhaps that smell was Caylee crying out to them. And what did they do?

You are so correct. Grandparents love and protect their grandchildren even if it is protection from their own kids. I can not believe how they just think of Caylee as an afterthought. I would of been so up in KC face until I found out what happened and located my grandaughter. You do not let your kids rule and ruin your life. You do not enable them. You may love them even though they do wrong but something this wrong would not deserve my support. Caylee's justice should of been first and foremost.

Typical Anthonyism....they want to play the role of grieving grandparents when it suits THEM and be supportive of their daughter who is charged with the murder of her own...they are not really special and rules of the courtroom will reign victorious...They will not be allowed in the courtroom until after they've testified...just as LDB said with the 911 hearing...

the SA's know what lies ahead, CA/GA have already "changed" their testimony, somehow their memories are more vivid three years later than when this first took shape...the SA's are very aware of this "loose cannon" known as the Anthony parents...they will do whatever necessary to get ICA seen in a good light. I do hope His Honor has his eye on them for they will try and disrupt this trial via faces, head nods, waving of their hands, etc...if they are trying for a mistrial what good does it do ICA? She'll still be waiting in prison for her day in court..I get visions of the Morgan depos where they both fire back at the attorney and ZFG...no judge in there to stop it which is why they acted like such arses...:maddening: They show they have no respect for the law...

Since they want to play the grieving grandparents to precious Caylee, lets see if they are prepared with a victims impact statement on behalf of their deceased grandchild, Caylee Marie...seems this precious child has gotten lost in the Anthony dynamic of wanting to save ICA from certain death...I believe they know this will not go over well for their daughter but hey, at least in her eyes they tried but will it be enough?? NEVER...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Went to check the clerk's site to see if any more rulings were posted, and it appears that this one is no longer on the docket. Weird. :waitasec:

:eek: :eek:

They should stay out then! :tyou:

Yes, they should. Most people have a respect for the law and courtroom decorum. The A's do not. The A's think of themselves as untouchable and above the law. Cindy Anthony once said, "You don't mess with the Anthony's." They think of themselves as a one family mafia, intent on destroying everyone that is against them, willing to do anything including causing a mistrial to free their murderess princess. They will not sit there and be quiet like most people in court cases do. HHJP knows this well from past hearings. He is not going to allow the A's to taint this trial in any way. And it's not going to be something small that the jury can ignore that they will do, it will be big, brash, and bold, something that stops the trial in its tracks and derails justice for Caylee, the child they have forgotten and thrown away themselves for the sake of princess Casey.

For those of us that have watched the Anthony circus, orchestrated by them since day one, it would be a travesty of justice to allow them to affect this trial in any way. However, the jury doesn't know them and their antics. The jury has no idea what length they would go to for Casey. They cannot be allowed to influence people unjustly because those people don't realize who they are dealing with. And the jury should not have to have the A's unleashed on them either. Also, no witness deserves the scorn and anger that will be thrown their way by GA and CA. And some of these witnesses are already intimidated by both GA and CA. They do have that kind of power to affect the testimony of some witnesses and the scariest part is that THEY KNOW they have this power. Fortunately, HHJP knows it too.

They can't handle the truth. They won't handle the truth. They should not be allowed to taint a jury or witnesses in an effort to twist and misguide the truth to their satisfaction. This is not about them and their needs and they need to understand that. This is not about them, it's not about Casey, it's about a murdered little girl named Caylee who never had a chance to have a life that she deserved.

These are not normal, law respecting, courtroom respecting parents. They are exactly the opposite, and the courtroom should not become their next big stage to play out their drama in an effort to free Casey. I know that HHJP will do the right thing and keep them out.

Definitely remember Brochini's testimony *he did a fabulous job considering who he was forced to deal with, just like Yuri has done so far* and I was there in the court room when what you referenced, happened- it might have seemed like a gaffe, but at the end of the day, it amounted to nada for ISP. It's moments like this that give a normal person, pause. Your wife and child are dead, you're on trial for their murder and this is how you react to nonsensical trivia? :waitasec:.... Talk about missing the big picture. Well, he gets the big picture now, doesn't he. There were so many jaw dropping moments during that trial- inappropriate laughter initiated by his DT, combined with moments of false victory and glibness that it's a wonder he didn't just stand up and try to walk out of this pesky little hiccup in his day.

What I loved seeing was his big old suits Geragos was dressing him in. Hanging on him like a little boy wearing his dad's clothes hoping to appear young and innocent- The thinner he got, the bigger the clothes. Wonder what Biaz will dress ICA in. Ruffles and something pink? Perhaps they will be hanging on her, too, to give the air she's just a widdle girl wrongly accused.

I suspect more inappropriateness this coming trial. The elements are all there.... I remember Geragos making a joke- one day.......laughter sort of erupted, but the following day, a snide remark about the inmate by the SA resulted in the gallery laughing and then Geragos demanding the judge reprimand us for our outburst. Can you say one-sided?

There's something to be said for this type of personality were dealing with here (some question whether ICA is a true sociopath-I believe, yes). The complete inability to recognize how inappropriate their responses are to just about everything. Misplaced anger, laughter, feigned sadness, joy, etc. It's all so contrived. SP's attorney, Geragos, was a grandiose figure who was used to the dramatic (Hollywood type). He was looking for reactions where and when ever he could get them. Same with Biaz. Sort of the dazzle them with bull-sheeeeot because with out that, they really have nothing else to work with. Their client is the biggest hurdle.

"What I loved seeing was his big old suits Geragos was dressing him in. Hanging on him like a little boy wearing his dad's clothes hoping to appear young and innocent- The thinner he got, the bigger the clothes. Wonder what Biaz will dress ICA in. Ruffles and something pink? Perhaps they will be hanging on her, too, to give the air she's just a widdle girl wrongly accused."
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Went to check the clerk's site to see if any more rulings were posted, and it appears that this one is no longer on the docket. Weird. :waitasec:

What might that mean? Thanks! :)

What might that mean? Thanks! :)

I know HHJP passed a ruling about who could do motions for the case after that crazy inmate did one, and it was actually entered on the court docket. I wonder if the A's lawyer is not one of those people who can do a motion. Oh, would that irony be rich!

Here's HHJP's order about that: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hig...d Filing.pdf

So would the A's attorney be considered an attorney of record in this case?

I wish HHJP would/could sequester both of them in separate rooms and pipe in music neither can tolerate. No paper, pens, any electronic devices. Just music and the voices in their heads.

Oh, and a life size cutout of Caylee in every room they can occupy.

One change I would make - pipe in the recording of Caylee singing her song, "You are my Sunshine" over and over and over again.

Really Softail it's happened in other cases. Check these out:

Witness Outburst Spurs Mistrial

Judge Declares Mistrial after Outburst in Court

and this one right here in Florida
Judge Declares Mistrial in Leon Davis, Jr. trial

So it really isn't treating KC differently. Mistrials can and do happen when there are outbursts in the court in front of the jury. I wouldn't want to risk it after the difficulty they are going to in order to seat the fairest jury possible. I wouldn't be at all surprised if having a few outbursts in order to stop the trial is part of the Anthony's agenda.

VERY interesting! Thank you! :)
I always thought if there is a mistrial, the case is then closed not to be tried anymore.

It's maddening. The A's only claim "kin of the victim" when it suits them. What really have they done for caylee except work like hell to get her murderer off. I mean really? It's maddening they only want to he there to help their daughter not the victim. They could care less if caylee receives any justice.

Caylee is just a distant memory to them ....

Amen!!! Poor Caylee has now been in Heaven longer than she was alive. Poor baby.

I also think they both need to be kept out for the duration of the trial, except when they are testifying. They simply can't control themselves.

Have to agree because even if they have testified they could be recalled to the stand. Wouldn't put it pass them to even change their testimony if recalled to save ICA....so disgusting.

VERY interesting! Thank you! :)
I always thought if there is a mistrial, the case is then closed not to be tried anymore.

The SA makes the choice whether to retry or not. With the cost of this trial I wonder if the State's budget would allow for it unless the state is really sure they can win it the second time around. Wonder if JB would go probono if 2nd trial needed?

If the A's are allowed in, they should have to sit on Caylee's side of the courtroom, not on ICA's side.

I believe Cindy and George should be remanded to camping out in the hallway for the duration of this trial. I also believe JP should ban any electronic devices while being held in the court's hallway.. NO laptop, NO blackberry, NO cell phone.. PERIOD. They should not have any access to online coverage of the trial. This is just another fine example of how the rules do not apply to the Anthonys.

'George and Cindy Anthony’s attorney filed a motion late Monday stating that their constitutional rights would be prejudiced if they were excluded from “crucial stages” of the proceedings.'

I am confused which amendment to the US Constitution the A's feel will be violated if they cannot watch each other spew...are they invoking the Florida constitution?

Hmmm? Let's see now.

Legal or Appelate risk in keeping them out at least until they fully testify? NONE WHATSOEVER!

Legal or Appelate risk in allowing them to witness the full trial -
1. Alterred or tailored testimony as already demonstrated
2. Using non verbal signals and influences on other witnesses, also as already demonstrated
3. Verbal outbursts during other witness testimony, as already demonstrated
4. Potential for mistrial as a direct result of any and all of above. A highly predictable possibility.

Gee I wonder how HHJP is going to rule on this one? :waiting:

Faefrost says it all. My non legal opinion is that it would be insulting to little Caylee to let these people attend as her advocates........they have NEVER advocated for caylee.

'George and Cindy Anthony’s attorney filed a motion late Monday stating that their constitutional rights would be prejudiced if they were excluded from “crucial stages” of the proceedings.'

I am confused which amendment to the US Constitution the A's feel will be violated if they cannot watch each other spew...are they invoking the Florida constitution?

Well, you know, the Constitution only applies to THEIR rights, no one else's. They will wave it like a flag to get what THEY want.

But their motion is not on the court docket anymore. So much for them waving that Constitution flag around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela