Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this was mentioned here before, but to add to the list of significant dates on the day of the bombing, Monday at sundown (Israel time) was the beginning of Independence Day in Israel. Boston is about seven hours behind them, I think?, so it began during the day over here.

Not saying that was a contributing factor, just adding to the list.

As for Napolitano needing help from the public with identifying the men of interest... uh, so can we please SEE them? Fox cut away but I didn't hear her give any info about where and how and when we're to have anything.

so is it just for his safety?

They are backtracking their statement re deportation now. For all anybody knows, the kid might wanna go home but maybe had to wait for medical services or something, a flight, idk. Maybe he will go home but reporters are spinning it as deportation. Who freaking knows at this point. It's sickening the news that's being reported & I'm personally starting to lose all faith.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...wo-suspects/eDuBdL4QhkcMVwhlrVBrcJ/story.html

(taken from link)

The maker of the pressure cooker, Fagor America Inc., *issued a statement saying the company has been contacted by investigators and is cooperating. “Our pressure cookers . . . are not intended to be used for any other purpose other than cooking,’’ the company said.

Really ^^^^^^ Thats the funniest thing I think I have read today.

I think we have a situation here where legitimate and marginally-legitimate journalists are being fed leads from sources that seem to have inside information but may also be selectively leaking untrue or partially true information to further their own hidden agendas. And a lot of these agendas have little to do with catching the real culprits in the bombing. Some of them may actually be trying to deflect attention from the real culprits.

Yesterday, the CNN people jumped on the "suspect in custody" story with both feet, probably excited because they supposedly had a scoop. They put together some seemingly unrelated pieces of information that seemed to confirm their scoop and so went with it. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding or bad journalism, but maybe someone wanted the story out there for other reasons.

FYI, note the date & also note not a suspect...

http://www.saudiembassy.net/press-releases/press04161301.aspx

Saudi Embassy Refutes Media Reports of Citizen Involved in Boston Attack
April 16, 2013

Snipped:
(Washington, DC) -- The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia would like to clarify U.S. media reports that a Saudi national is considered a suspect in the April 15, 2013 explosions in Boston. The Embassy stresses that there is no evidence, according to U.S. authorities, of involvement of any Saudi national in the bombings. The Saudi government condemns all forms of violence, offers its condolences to the families of the victims, and wishes a speedy recovery for all who were injured.
According to the latest information, two Saudi students were among those injured in the explosions and are being treated at local hospitals in Boston. Their injuries are not considered serious.

The deputy consul general in New York and the assistant Saudi cultural attaché in Washington, D.C. arrived in Boston Monday evening to visit the injured Saudi students, check on the welfare of other Saudi citizens, and provide consular services as needed.

There are pictures of him here with the deputy consul. Note, I am ONLY posting this for the pictures, not the content as it is an opinionated blog.

http://shoebat.com/2013/04/18/anoth...spital-this-time-smiling-with-saudi-diplomat/

People, we're doing the same thing today as we did yesterday. Some careless journalist makes an unsupported allegation citing unnamed sources (who are at best talking about information that ought to be confidential and at worst flat lying), and then everybody else treats it as if it's a verified fact and we all go running after it.

It's quite possible from what was said in yesterday's published reports that the FBI was on the verge of making the arrest, and when the rumor was leaked, the guy left before they could get him.

This baseless speculation is doing no one any good, it's harming innocent people, and it may have harmed the investigation. Is that what we want?

It is unfortunate after the debacle of misinformation put out about the Benghazi attacks...that they were "spontaneous" and abouta video...as if families were strolling about pushing heavy artillery...it is hard to trust either our media or our government. to be accurate and truthful.

Who knows what is going on...who is lying..for what political reason or necessity or not? Once trust is lost, misinformation put forth before, you have to wonder about ALLof them.

Sec of State Kerry yesterday reiterated that Susan Rice was just repeating "talking points" when she misled theAmerican public. So who is giving WHOM talking points on this attack...and why?

CBS talking head just commented that there will be a briefing this afternoon and the pictures may be released at that time.

It is unfortunate after the debacle of misinformation put out about the Benghazi attacks...that they were "spontaneous" and abouta video...as if families were strolling about pushing heavy artillery...it is hard to trust either our media or our government. to be accurate and truthful.

Who knows what is going on...who is lying..for what political reason or necessity or not? Once trust is lost, misinformation put forth before, you have to wonder about ALLof them.
This is the problem, and it is very sad.

People, we're doing the same thing today as we did yesterday. Some careless journalist makes an unsupported allegation citing unnamed sources (who are at best talking about information that ought to be confidential and at worst flat lying), and then everybody else treats it as if it's a verified fact and we all go running after it.

It's quite possible from what was said in yesterday's published reports that the FBI was on the verge of making the arrest, and when the rumor was leaked, the guy left before they could get him.

This baseless speculation is doing no one any good, it's harming innocent people, and it may have harmed the investigation. Is that what we want?
^^^^^^^^^^^^ this
+1

On the one hand, people are (rightly) criticizing the wild inaccuracies of the press yesterday, yet on the other hand, people are now quoting that same press.

... wearing white baseball caps and black shirt w/grey hoodie and carrying backpacks... idk jmo

RSBM...

That's just it though...the initial description that was released (when it wasn't supposed to have been in the first place) from the video footage that the feds have was a white hat on backwards, grey hoodie with a black jacket. Neither of the guys that ended up getting roasted had on a grey hoodie and the one was not wearing his hat backwards in any of the pictures we were able to see of him.

I am personally going to wait for an actual LE presser before I believe a released description of a POI or suspect.

Cardinal Sean, at the prayer service, recited the prayer of St Francis, a favorite of mine. For all of us, no religion or whatever religion, a wish for peace:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

The only sources I can find that say the SAudi national will be deported are right wing opinion sites. Ad they all source back some guy who appeared on Hannity and Glen Beck who cited "sources" of his own for this "information".

:rolleyes:

He was identified as a terrorism expert.
I don't remember his name.

ETA: I think it was Steve Emerson

CBS talking head just commented that there will be a briefing this afternoon and the pictures may be released at that time.

May be released...but probably won't, because that's just the way this whole thing has gone so far. Set up and cancelled. Stated and retracted. Fact vs Fiction. There is a reason why "telephone" is an amusing children's game.

p.s. Surfie, my response is not directed at you, but rather at my distrust of the media right now.

Micah Grimes ‏@MicahGrimes 1m BREAKING: 2 bomb-sniffing dogs have positive hits on same pallet ready to be loaded onto Royal cruise ship at Port of Tampa.

My son and DDIL is leaving next month on a cruise from this port, I think same ship.

I hope they dont start doing this carp, I will be a nervous wreck.

RSBM...

That's just it though...the initial description that was released (when it wasn't supposed to have been in the first place) from the video footage that the feds have was a white hat on backwards, grey hoodie with a black jacket. Neither of the guys that ended up getting roasted had on a grey hoodie and the one was not wearing his hat backwards in any of the pictures we were able to see of him.

I am personally going to wait for an actual LE presser before I believe a released description of a POI or suspect.

As I was going through this thread from last night and looking at these pics, that was the first thought that popped in my head, that 3 different news stories said the guy had a backwards white cap and grey sweatshirt which the guy in the pics did not have and hardly anyone was making that point, on here or elsewhere. There were also no stories of sources saying another suspect was a guy wearing a blue jumpsuit (something that is pretty descriptive and stands out if it were true). I kept on thinking, what is making people hone in on these two other than a nice red circle being drawn on the ground, the fact they both have backpacks/dufflebags and the guy just happens to wear a white hat (but not backwards).

Never mind the fact that there were quite a few white hats and backpacks in that crowd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19