Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Information on Mr. Emererson, who seems to have a habit of leaking bad info to the press:
http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/05/steve-emerson-wowser/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Emerson#Criticism (fully cited)
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/08/31/308537/steve-emerson-investigative-project/
But Emerson’s supposed expertise in researching terrorist networks have frequently been questioned due to his propensity for making false accusations against Muslims and his sloppy approach to investigative reporting. Most notably, in 1995, Emerson claimed that the Oklahoma City bombing showed “a Middle East trait” because it “was done with the intent to inflict as many casualties as possible.” And in 1998, Emerson was tied to a false report that Pakistan was planning a nuclear first strike on India.

Kimberlyd125, I've agreed with alot of your posts and like your contributions. I'm wondering if you've seen the news this morning though, or last night of the repeats in his interviews. I don't think Gardenlady is attacking you personally, I think its just some of the posts - and not only yours. This "counter-terrorism" expert backtracked his statement regarding this kid. I'm wondering if you saw that. What I saw the first time was him saying his source this & his source that, yada yada, an arrest, powder burns matching, suspect, etc. Then subsequently in another interview he was called out by the female interviewer (I forget her name) reminding Steve Emerson about the Oklahoma bombing incident & how the profilers got it all wrong. It sure was interesting.

Do I think this Emerson cat is intelligent? Sure I do...but I also think he needs to adjust his prior knowledge base so-as to move up with a new era of terrorists - domestic as well as foreign.

Presser. Presser-presser-presser. Time for a presser. Let's have a presser.

Kimberlyd125, I've agreed with alot of your posts and like your contributions. I'm wondering if you've seen the news this morning though, or last night of the repeats in his interviews. I don't think Gardenlady is attacking you personally, I think its just some of the posts - and not only yours. This "counter-terrorism" expert backtracked his statement regarding this kid. I'm wondering if you saw that. What I saw the first time was him saying his source this & his source that, yada yada, an arrest, powder burns matching, suspect, etc. Then subsequently in another interview he was called out with the female interviewer (I forget her name) reminding Steve Emerson about the Oklahoma bombing incident & how the profilers got it all wrong. It sure was interesting.

Do I think this Emerson cat is intelligent? Sure I do...but I also think he needs to adjust his prior knowledge base so-as to move up with a new era if terrorists - domestic as well as foreign.

I saw an interview in the midst of my hectic evening.
I only saw one and not sure about the two

I think foreign terrorism is what he is an expert in.

But looking at his accomplishments, I'd say he has done some pretty impressive stuff during his career.

ETA: and I'm not an expert on him and never claimed to be. I'm sure like most, he has had accomplishments and failures in his life.

have they announced if and when they will have a presser?

Micah Grimes ‏@MicahGrimes 1m BREAKING: 2 bomb-sniffing dogs have positive hits on same pallet ready to be loaded onto Royal cruise ship at Port of Tampa.

My son and DDIL is leaving next month on a cruise from this port, I think same ship.

I hope they dont start doing this carp, I will be a nervous wreck.

The port is just as safe today as it ever was and that means it's an unknown. There is no earthly way every shipment of cargo can be inspected. Very little of what is sent out or brought in is actually sniffed, scanned or looked at.

At this point I don't know who we can trust least: the media or the government.

I admit it, I am a conservative, I voted for McCain in 08 and Romney in 12. That being said I want to believe that Obama is sincere in his quest for answers but there are alot of different agendas out there that do not necessarily involve doing what is right for America and getting to the bottom of this madness, and these people are on both sides of the political spectrum and folks the media talking heads are the worst of all.

Politics shouldent even be an issue but it always will factor into investigations, enforcement, and results. Need I mention "What difference does it make at this point why it happened?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed