Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lol"?

This is funny to you?

You must be underage or you must never have seen an actual tragedy in your life. There is NO laughing going on in my area, what is wrong with you?

Why would you thank this person for this post when he should be permanently banned from joining any serious discussion on ANY event.

WS, as I am new, however have lurked for years, is usually used as a device to help solve tragedy. Where do you see anything funny in this matter?

Please mods, take proper action in these conditions or you'll find yourself overrun with kids lying about their age, "lol" 'ing at this is unforgivable.

They said "trash cans", please view my post about the drop boxes / boxes (my first post), and you'll notice in the pictures not only are they not there, they seem to be centered on these locations.

Remove "lol" from your post if you ever wish to be taken seriously.

Welcome to Websleuths! Looking forward to reading your post. :seeya:

Who ever it was I hope they feel the full force of the Justice System. I honestly don't care what group they are a part of or why they did it.

Prayers and love to everyone! It is just so sad!

i don't think this was an attack from NK or from any other foreign entity, i could be wrong but those are my thoughts. my feelings are that this is 1-3 people at most, that are very very familiar with American tradition and picked this certain event to strike knowing it would shock the nation. Patriot's Day, just before the anniversary of the Oklahoma bombings, while there's a memorial to SH victims? this just screams white over-privileged angry individual with some twisted angenda, imo. i think this is someone also familiar with IED's and could have militaristic background or some kind of self-taught skill in bomb making similar to what's seen in Iraq/Afghanistan.

this is all my speculation and opinion of course.

Thanks!! Wasn't aware of the Sandy Hook memorial.

From what I've read about the actual bombs themselves, they weren't put together all that well. Kind of a Internet How To.

From President Obama's address this evening:

We still do not know who did this or why, and people shouldn’t jump to conclusions before we have all the facts.

Yeah....uhhh...this is the DEFINITION of TERRORISM but he never said the word at all. It is sooooo obvious but Obama couldn't manage to use that word!

I guess we need to figure out who will be charged before he will be comfortable using hot words like that.

I think it's good we have a president who will sift facts cautiously before speaking about what this was and wasn't.

Yeah....uhhh...this is the DEFINITION of TERRORISM but he never said the word at all. It is sooooo obvious but Obama couldn't manage to use that word!

I guess we need to figure out who will be charged before he will be comfortable using hot words like that.

There is so much not known at this time. I'm sure he's just being cautious as to not misspeak.

My poor eight year old boy keeps sneaking in to try to watch the news. I keep shooing him out to go hang with daddy, as he doesn't need to see this, and he takes everything to heart. And then I go in the other room after him to give him hugs, thinking of the little eight year old who has died. :cry:

April 15, 2013 | 7:09 PM | Carey Goldberg
How To Talk With Children About Boston Marathon Bombs

marathonbombs.jpg

It’s getting to the hateful point that it feels like a fill-in-the-blank: How to talk with children about 9/11. About Newtown. And now, about the Boston Marathon bombs. But still, it never hurts to be reminded of what’s normal and what helps most. Dr. Gene Beresin, a child psychiatrist and director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Mental Health and Media, offers the following helpful guide:

By Gene Beresin, M.D.
Guest contributor

At the finish of the Boston Marathon, the city of Boston was shaken by the explosion of a number of bombs. Almost all of our children have seen horrifying images of death, destruction, and distraught family members. We in Boston and many around the nation are filled with shock, fear, anger, anxiety, and confusion. Helping our children come to terms with this event is an ongoing process.

http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2013/04/talk-children-marathon-bombs

marathonbombs.jpg

It’s getting to the hateful point that it feels like a fill-in-the-blank: How to talk with children about 9/11. About Newtown. And now, about the Boston Marathon bombs. But still, it never hurts to be reminded of what’s normal and what helps most. Dr. Gene Beresin, a child psychiatrist and director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Mental Health and Media, offers the following helpful guide:

By Gene Beresin, M.D.
Guest contributor

At the finish of the Boston Marathon, the city of Boston was shaken by the explosion of a number of bombs. Almost all of our children have seen horrifying images of death, destruction, and distraught family members. We in Boston and many around the nation are filled with shock, fear, anger, anxiety, and confusion. Helping our children come to terms with this event is an ongoing process.

Thank you for bringing this info here!
What a great resource.

Support! It's what we all need.

You are appreciated Boots!

NG says LE is looking for a Penske truck that was turned away. Tried to get into the marathon route just before blast area but was turned away.

Not sure if this has been posted earlier, had to step away for a bit.

Once there are answers, facts, something definitive ... I'm sure there will be some legitimate conversation and dissent here on our threads... and it will be intelligent and mature like it always is at WS... but IMO at this time, it's all speculation and unsupported theories. Hey, if someone can sleuth and uncover something significant that will help LE, please.... call in your tip to LE and don't compromise what you have if it's too sensitive to post on WS (jmo).

I'm fortunate to be pretty certain no one I know was hurt today, but they were in the area and witnessed the chaos and horror. I can acknowledge I'm not the most objective person to discuss this, and knowing dozens of innocent people are fighting for still their lives and the blood hasn't yet dried on the sidewalks of Boston should dictate a level of sensitivity in our discourse.

Looking at the facts that we do know (where they went off, and at what time/date) can anyone think of any reason why those spots, why that time...etc. I know horrid events like this are hard for "sane" people to ponder but for me anyway it helps...a little to try and figure out the why...

Well, from what I've seen and read, the explosions were aimed at the watching crowds, not the runners. You will get the most people crowded up by the finish and also - if you desire media coverage - that's where the camera will be. Comments suggest that in previous marathons, this is the time when the bulk of the runners will be finishing, so that suggests it was chosen to maximise the number of people around.
The route had been swept for explosives prior, therefore the bombs had to have been brought in close to or during the race. Again, in this area you are likely to have a lot of people who are bringing items for their friends, so you might not even look twice at someone carrying two or more rucksacks if they look like they're supporting runners.
Death is bad.. but injury can be so much worse, so it's a much more effective terror tool. For those of you unfortunate enough to have seen some of the very graphic images, that will stick in your mind. Yes, we know an 8yo boy is dead, and it's sad, but the images of the injured that I've seen will stick with me for a long time.

For me, the person or group responsible planned this out very carefully.

JMO, of course

I just read on CNN that the runners for the Newton memorial were finished before the blast went off. Do we know what "groups"/runners were finishing up as the bombs went off?

Once there are answers, facts, something definitive ... I'm sure there will be some legitimate conversation and dissent here on our threads... and it will be intelligent and mature like it always is at WS... but IMO at this time, it's all speculation and unsupported theories. Hey, if someone can sleuth and uncover something significant that will help LE, please.... call in your tip to LE and don't compromise what you have if it's too sensitive to post on WS (jmo).

I'm fortunate to be pretty certain no one I know was hurt today, but they were in the area and witnessed the chaos and horror. I can acknowledge I'm not the most objective person to discuss this, and knowing dozens of innocent people are fighting for still their lives and the blood hasn't yet dried on the sidewalks of Boston should dictate a level of sensitivity in our discourse.

Another great post!

marathonbombs.jpg

By Gene Beresin, M.D.
Guest contributor

Thank you for that link! I remember stumbling through all these explanations before, but when it happens everything always flies out of your head, and you lose words to say what needs to be said.

I have heard from another friend of ours who was in town for the marathon, and she is fine, had already left the area before the bombs.

Still waiting to hear from the mom of my son's eight year old best friend. :(

Please see my post about Google street view, and notice, the stump of that drop box.

This is possibly where devices were planted.

Very good observation and consistent with wounds.

Welcome to Websleuths, though I wish it was under better circumstances.

Well, from what I've seen and read, the explosions were aimed at the watching crowds, not the runners. You will get the most people crowded up by the finish and also - if you desire media coverage - that's where the camera will be. Comments suggest that in previous marathons, this is the time when the bulk of the runners will be finishing, so that suggests it was chosen to maximise the number of people around.
The route had been swept for explosives prior, therefore the bombs had to have been brought in close to or during the race. Again, in this area you are likely to have a lot of people who are bringing items for their friends, so you might not even look twice at someone carrying two or more rucksacks if they look like they're supporting runners.
Death is bad.. but injury can be so much worse, so it's a much more effective terror tool. For those of you unfortunate enough to have seen some of the very graphic images, that will stick in your mind. Yes, we know an 8yo boy is dead, and it's sad, but the images of the injured that I've seen will stick with me for a long time.

For me, the person or group responsible planned this out very carefully.

JMO, of course

Great info, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members