Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN reporting now LIVE that there is a person of interest in custody. Said that report just came in a few minutes ago.

JMHO

I think a lot of terrorist attacks are religiously motivated too. It depends on who the suspect is. If the person is an American, it's most likely political. If the person is a foreign national, it is most likely religious. JMO

But even then it IS political! They resort to terrorism because they don't have armies BUT they are angry with other governments and their policies and the perceived abuses. Politics. Even the religious fanatics don't blow up others because of religion, but because they feel PERSECUTED by other governments.

If they had official armies with uniforms and large military budgets it would be called "going to war" but they don't have that so they use terrorist tactics.

My poor eight year old boy keeps sneaking in to try to watch the news. I keep shooing him out to go hang with daddy, as he doesn't need to see this, and he takes everything to heart. And then I go in the other room after him to give him hugs, thinking of the little eight year old who has died. :cry:

:0(

Hugs are the best medicine at times like this.

My heart breaks for the victims and their families.

The amputations I am hearing about are shredding ones. I dont know what kind of device does that.

In the first pressed with the commissioner a reporter asked if the devices were shrapnel type ... Maybe that? :confused:

They can re-attached limbs now days. Hopefully they can fly at least some of the victims to less crowded hospitals if they need re-attachments (assuming of course limb isn't too badly damaged).

There was nothing to attach the lower limb to, I'm sorry to say. I couldn't even see the femur. :(

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews 6m
If #WBC protests the Boston funerals, they will have to expect us.

Looking at the facts that we do know (where they went off, and at what time/date) can anyone think of any reason why those spots, why that time...etc. I know horrid events like this are hard for "sane" people to ponder but for me anyway it helps...a little to try and figure out the why...

This is a photo of one of the blast sites. The other is awash in blood. :(

0415_explosion-site-620x426.jpg

This thread is necessary for collecting info and expressing our shock. Can we leave opinions/theories out of it for a while? We have no death toll, no injury total, no idea how or why this tragedy happened. Lets just discuss the facts coming in and be together.

Looking at the facts that we do know (where they went off, and at what time/date) can anyone think of any reason why those spots, why that time...etc. I know horrid events like this are hard for "sane" people to ponder but for me anyway it helps...a little to try and figure out the why...

The things I keep coming back to are, the holiday (Paatriots Day), tax day, marathon day... So lots of crowds, lots of people off work, school vacation week here, lots of media coverage...

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 8m
Just in: NBC News says Boston police guarding wounded man at hospital as "possible suspect" in marathon blast

it was someone way up in Homeland Security that said on CNN they have a person of interest. Now adding that there were ball bearings involved - that hospitals are reporting pulling ball bearings out of people and that there was a Penske truck trying to gain access to the route just before the beginning of the race and they are actively looking for that truck as well. No link - this was all just live on CNN

JMHO

The things I keep coming back to are, the holiday (Paatriots Day), tax day, marathon day... So lots of crowds, lots of people off work, school vacation week here, lots of media coverage...
Don't forget the Red Sox game at 11:00 this morning.

The Penske truck was AFTER the blast. It claimed to be full of medical supplies.
There is a BOLO for it still. Unless it or another one also tried to gain access before.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 8m
Just in: NBC News says Boston police guarding wounded man at hospital as "possible suspect" in marathon blast

This is a rumor that has been going around for a few hours now-there is a big police presence at the area hospitals. Tough to say if it is indicative of suspects or the need to preserve evidence.

I agree!

It's not a time to try to further political agendas.

This is an American tragedy. There are countless people hurting. Suffering.

I wish we could be patient and get the facts straight before blaming specific groups.
You are not alone in your fear. There were people from over 90 different countries running in the marathon today. People all over the world are scared and horrified.

i don't think this was an attack from NK or from any other foreign entity, i could be wrong but those are my thoughts. my feelings are that this is 1-3 people at most, that are very very familiar with American tradition and picked this certain event to strike knowing it would shock the nation. Patriot's Day, just before the anniversary of the Oklahoma bombings, while there's a memorial to SH victims? this just screams white over-privileged angry individual with some twisted angenda, imo. i think this is someone also familiar with IED's and could have militaristic background or some kind of self-taught skill in bomb making similar to what's seen in Iraq/Afghanistan.

this is all my speculation and opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*