Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Should not be a debate about gun control.

It is a conversation on facts and evidence.

And 2 facts concerning the involvement of firearms are:

1) this NRA Gun rally was in Boston this week

2) family members of the most recent domestic terrorism attack involving firearms were sitting on the finish line dedicated to Bewtown where the first Bomb went off.

Not relevant unless the evidence points to it. As far as we know, it does not.

I'm sure there were several types of gatherings in Boston this week.

Are all organizations that had meetings under scrutiny too?

Do you have links, showing a link between 1) and 2) to today's attacks?

No matter how many times the word evidence is used here, we don't know details of any of it AT THIS TIME.

And sorry to say but the motive usually for terrorism is political. It's impossible to discuss the reasons behind this attack without assuming they are politically inspired.

We have been told by our MODS that we are not to make this political at this time.

I saw a photo of severed leg. The lower led was intact. Above the knee, it looked like hamburger.

That would be consistent with a bomb were the force was about 2-3 feet off the ground.

They can re-attached limbs now days. Hopefully they can fly at least some of the victims to less crowded hospitals if they need re-attachments (assuming of course limb isn't too badly damaged).

I agree. Should not be a debate about gun control.

It is a conversation on facts and evidence.

And 2 facts concerning the involvement of firearms are:

1) this NRA Gun rally was in Boston this week

2) family members of the most recent domestic terrorism attack involving firearms were sitting on the finish line dedicated to Bewtown where the first Bomb went off.

Has this been confirmed?
I have been watching local coverage and they said it was an area where many people were. Also they said that it went off at a busy time for the surrounding businesses.

The NRA rally may be a coincidence. They have them all over and usually there isn't bombings right after them.

Look I have no idea who did this. I just don't see why when anything happens people tend to point fingers at groups of people before knowing anything. This is sad. I am sure no matter what group you want to point at, people in that group are mourning.

And sorry to say but the motive usually for terrorism is political. It's impossible to discuss the reasons behind this attack without assuming they are politically inspired.

I think a lot of terrorist attacks are religiously motivated too. It depends on who the suspect is. If the person is an American, it's most likely political. If the person is a foreign national, it is most likely religious. JMO

Yes. Considering that the last stretch was dedicated to the Newtown victims, and that the race was started with an air horn rather than a gun (or so our news is reporting), I suspect this is a pro-gun message.

Dunno about it being a "pro-gun" group but I hope to God it isn't a "militia" type group. Sounds like the explosives and the planning was very small time which has me worried.

If a Saudi National was involved he must be a looney outcast, the Saudi's should have access to be best bomb makers in the world!

There is going to be a lot of time to debate conspiracy theories-information is coming in fast and furiously...keeping up with that is enough for me.

*if* civilians wrestled to the ground someone who might have been a participant, that would be something worth trumpeting from the roof tops.

Has this been confirmed?
I have been watching local coverage and they said it was an area where many people were. Also they said that it went off at a busy time for the surrounding businesses.

The NRA rally may be a coincidence. They have them all over and usually there isn't bombings right after them.

Look I have no idea who did this. I just don't see why when anything happens people tend to point fingers at groups of people before knowing anything. This is sad. I am sure no matter what group you want to point at, people in that group are mourning.

I agree!

It's not a time to try to further political agendas.

This is an American tragedy. There are countless people hurting. Suffering.

I wish we could be patient and get the facts straight before blaming specific groups.

I worked on Boylston Street for 15 years, this is far too close to home for me. Watched the Red Sox win this morning, I was in a good mood. Today sucks for America.

Disgusting

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 2m
@iLyngo FOX News is carrying uninterrupted coverage; the local station is interrupting their coverage to manually deliver ads.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 5m
The local FOX affiliate here continues to insert commercials into rolling coverage on Boston Marathon attack. Making money off tragedy...

It can be religious or racial.

Religion and race would seem to play a part in politics. Politics of a church or group. Politics of a race. Politics will ways be involved. This is why we call things that are racist or prejudice to creed "politically incorrect".

BOSTON: TERROR ATTACK - CBS CONFIRMS A SAUDI NATIONAL IS BEING QUESTIONED BY FBI AFTER HE RAN FROM THE BOMBS, CHASED/TACKLED BY A CIVILIAN.

https://twitter.com/911BUFF

So a dude ran from the BOMBS... (along with how many others?)
He was tackled by civilians for RUNNING?

That doesn't make any sense, at all.
I'm definitely not believing this one till I hear it from someone credible.

Ms F, I had the same reaction as you when I read that. Who WOULDN'T be running after a bomb went off!? I'd be much more suspicious of someone hanging around!! :banghead:

These rumors about Saudis are really echoing the reactions after Oklahoma City. :sigh:

They can re-attached limbs now days. Hopefully they can fly at least some of the victims to less crowded hospitals if they need re-attachments (assuming of course limb isn't too badly damaged).

I won't post the picture I saw but there was a man being pushed in a wheel chair with NO legs and very little bone below the knee. What was left was shredded. I can't imagine his legs can be saved. So terrible!

has anyone seen this yet?? 8-year-old boy among the dead. heart breaking. this is just horrible. there aren't enough curse words in the english language to express how i feel. here's the link from TBG:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/15/explosions-rock-boston-marathon-finish-line-dozens-injured/yLhfDT1XC3HXSa8wPiVijL/story.html

ETA: i just saw the picture a few posts above mine, i'm just posting what i saw on TBG website dk if it's accurate as to whether or not it was an boy/girl, apologies in advance if it's not.

Religion and race would seem to play a part in politics. Politics of a church or group. Politics of a race. Politics will ways be involved. This is why we call things that are racist or prejudice to creed "politically incorrect".

Perhaps a thread could be started in the political pavilion.
This is not the political pavilion.

The amputations I am hearing about are shredding ones. I dont know what kind of device does that.

My poor eight year old boy keeps sneaking in to try to watch the news. I keep shooing him out to go hang with daddy, as he doesn't need to see this, and he takes everything to heart. And then I go in the other room after him to give him hugs, thinking of the little eight year old who has died. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member