Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greta just reported an apartment is being searched in Revere, Ma. right now.

:goodnight: everyone! Prayers and well wishes for EVERYONE!

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 23s
Just in: Law enforcement source tells me they are looking for two people in connection with Boston Marathon bomb blast.

Other than the ball-bearings & whatever else was in the bombs, people would be injured from falling glass. Pictures showed a lot of 2nd story (& beyond) windows that were blown out.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 15m
Terry Moran, ABC News: Boston bombs packed with nails, zippers and blades intended to maim, police officer says

Various media sources had also reported Monday that law enforcement officials were alerted to search for a "darker skinned or black male" who is thought to have a foreign accent, who may have tried to enter a restricted area near the bombings location just minutes before the blasts took place, according to CNN.

That suspect was reportedly wearing a black backpack and a hooded sweatshirt

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/b...-dead-video-photos-93996/#MWvCb4mYboOYVl3Z.99

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 5m

Just in: NPR News blogs have been compromised by "Syrian Electronic Army" - http://n.pr/17CJTMC

Matthew Keys
Matthew Keys
@TheMatthewKeys

Deputy Social Media Editor at @Reuters. Tips: 415.857.2407 or matthew.keys(at)http://gmail.com .

San Francisco / New York City · http://matthewkeys.net/
Interesting. So Reuters has been "compromised" (cyberhacked) by the Syrian Army?

Are they saying this is Syria related now? Reuters is very reputable - and if they are saying this............................................hhhmmmmm..........................

JMHO

I respectfully disagree, I think LE should review security measures and continue with all planned events. While I'd always advise caution I don't believe in living life based on what could happen in the future. If one applied that analogy we would not attend baseball games, the 4th of July or music concerts, we wouldn't go to the mall. I'd suggest living in fear is not freedom.

IMO of course.

Interesting. So Reuters has been "compromised" (cyberhacked) by the Syrian Army?

Are they saying this is Syria related now? Reuters is very reputable - and if they are saying this............................................hhhmmmmm..........................

JMHO

Yeah, as if it wasn't bad enough already...this just went beyond crazy! I pray for our nation!

Various media sources had also reported Monday that law enforcement officials were alerted to search for a "darker skinned or black male" who is thought to have a foreign accent, who may have tried to enter a restricted area near the bombings location just minutes before the blasts took place, according to CNN.

That suspect was reportedly wearing a black backpack and a hooded sweatshirt

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/b...-dead-video-photos-93996/#MWvCb4mYboOYVl3Z.99

this was heard live on the scanner feed by WSers here!

JMHO
National Public Radio has been hacked. Matt is a Reuters tech editor currently on leave. And I know of no group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army, so who knows what's happened.

ETA

See prima.facie's post @ #917 for SEA info.

It was there a couple of minutes ago. In bold letters across the page it said "Syrian Electronic Army" was here.

if hacked, they removed it quickly!

I found this while googling for info

East

Syrian Cyber-Rebel Wages War, One Hack At A Time
The Syrian Electronic Army, an arm of the Syrian military, is in charge of the monitoring.

But online rebels have mounted a counteroffensive. One cyber-rebel, part of a group called the Pirates of Aleppo, is fighting a lonely war in front of a computer screen in a cramped hotel room in southern Turkey, near the Syrian border

more at link http://www.npr.org/2013/03/13/174121130/syrian-cyber-rebel-wages-war-one-hack-at-a-time

Yeah, as if it wasn't bad enough already...this just went beyond crazy! I pray for our nation!
What scares me is how vunerable we are right now. Sure, the people will stick together, and security has been really ramped up at gov't bldgs, the White House, Capitol, etc. But all eyes are on Boston.

We have a bunch of "nutjobs" out there right now that don't like us, threaten us (almost on a daily basis lately) and really want to see us taken down.

It scares me that one of them might see this as as opportunity to blindside us somewhere else. Not that any of them are working together - but that's a possibility too - and that scares me even more.

JMHO

A few points:

I saw a couple male nurses on CNN who had been manning the medical tent when this occurred. I think both were war vets. Brought tears to my eyes. They were so together but you could see the anguish in their faces as they described what seemed similar to what they witnessed in Iraq.

I was also struck by the lack of much panic and how so many immediately began assisting in a logical manner. I think that's because so many were athletes. I've learned that the more physically fit a person is the less likely they are to panic.

My hearts been hurting all afternoon and evening over this. The joy of these people coming to the finish line and then this evil thing occurring. What kind of coward targets innocent civilians, and babies like the 8 year old who died'? How can there ever be any justification?

The fact that these were crude bombs makes me think it was less a sophisticated group operation and more a solo disgruntled loner operation or a disgruntled loner who has thin ties to a larger operation, a la the shoe bomber or Ted Kazinski.

Whoever it is, may they obtain the sudden, true understanding of what they did, and feel, in their hearts and minds, the full impact of their actions to every single victim, and others affected. That's the worst punishment I can think of, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01