Explosion Boston Marathon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poi FB... Just having a hard time thinking its him. Am I crazy? This kid seems so sincere, genuine...

The poi FB... Just having a hard time thinking its him. Am I crazy? This kid seems so sincere, genuine...

www.facebook.com/***

Rumor here is that he's under guard for his own safety.

Rumor here is that he was standing directly opposite the trash can looking at the bomber when the explosion went off.

Rumor here is that the bomber was also injured.

Note that this is RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR. But it does kind of fit.

Edited to add: removed indication of name now that he has been cleared.

The poi FB... Just having a hard time thinking its him. Am I crazy? This kid seems so sincere,

You aren't crazy. I agree...he seems genuine.
If he is innocent I hate that his name was released...

nope this is the 1st explosion. actually right in front of lens crafters and next to marathon sports.

View attachment 32154

View attachment 32155

i cant seem to find pictures from the 2nd explosion. at ring rd and boylston.

This is an image of the 2nd location...

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/US....jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

On Google Maps, the location used to be Vox, which is now closed. I can't make out the name of the current restaurant. The address is on my map though. It is next door to Atlantic Fish Co. (On Google Maps, the blue awning for Atlantic Fish Co is pulled out. It was closed yesterday.)

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...0.000135,0.000603&iwloc=0004da7907a6f52a287f3

Incidentally, the mailbox is still there in this photo.

I do not know if this is the case, but for large events some cities remove mailboxes and the like temporarily, so as to attempt to thwart mailbox bombs.

BTW, here is the map that I have created, based on photo analysis and reports. I think the bomb locations I have marked are pretty accurate.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218199748434644937742.0004da78e9bd6d4bf8ee8&msa=0

After 911 Mayor Bloomberg states there will be no backpacks, large bags, and alcohol for celebration on New Years Eve, 2001. People will be allowed in a fenced in viewing zones. People who leave the secured area will not be allowed back in. Pocketbooks will be searched. There were no trash cans either. I guess Boston will be doing the same.

Ring Road and Boylston is roughly the same spot as Marathon Sports. It's a t-shaped intersection and 755 Boylston is where Ring Road would be if it went through.

The second explosion was farther down Boylston, toward Mass Ave. I haven't seen many pictures or information about that second bomb.

hmmm

1st explosion in front of lens crafters/marathon sports 699/671 boylston st (just shy of the finish line) 2nd explosion at intersection of boylston/ring rd near starbucks at 755 boylston.

I wonder if there was anyone with a camera on the lift, right by where the 1st explosion occured. If so, I hope they may have gotten pictures.

marathon_second_blast.jpg

You aren't crazy. I agree...he seems genuine.
If he is innocent I hate that his name was released...

ITA, I'm not comfortable with the fact that his name was released at this point. It's not like the police were asking for help in finding him, thus needing to let us know who he is. Unfortunately, if he is innocent, he'll be remembered as "that foreign guy who was a suspect in the Boston bombings". Not good.

hmmm

1st explosion in front of lens crafters/marathon sports 699/671 boylston st (just shy of the finish line) 2nd explosion at intersection of boylston/ring rd near starbucks at 755 boylston.

Okay, you're right, I have dyslexically transposed addresses. Mea Culpa.

This has probably been posted, but on CBS News last night it was reported (I believe by a former FBI official who now works for CBS) that a citizen at the scene of the bombings saw him, thought he was suspicious, tackled him and held him until police got there. So it sounded like there was nothing at the time to really link him to the bombing, only a suspicious hunch by a random citizen.

Wow this would be horrible if he was actually innocent and he was tackled just because he was middle eastern. :/

One of the 9/11 high jackets had family, went out, etc and did not seem like the others involved. So idk. I have no opinion if its this guy or not until I'm told. But being regular doesnt sway me at all. The shooter in VA this weekend was regular also
Agreed, let's face it ... nobody who wants to harm others is going to make a public notice about it in the 'About Me' section of their Facebook profile.

Terrorists are generally not stupid. They may have warped views, but they are not stupid.

Rumor here is that he's under guard for his own safety.

Rumor here is that he was standing directly opposite the trash can looking at the bomber when the explosion went off.

Rumor here is that the bomber was also injured.

Note that this is RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR. But it does kind of fit.

I like your explanation better... than the idea that they suspect him.
Because if they suspect him... I'd love to know WHY... and I think I already know the answer to that. :banghead:

I am still unsure why a bomber would stand next to the bomb... and how one would know they were a bomber.

Then again, I'm also unsure why anyone would be suspicious of a guy running away during explosions. :facepalm:

A lot of what has been reported doesn't make a lot of sense. I just hope that they are keeping an open mind...
Looking at anyone who might have had a motive... regardless of their ethnicity. :twocents:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...ome-search-near-Boston-related-Saudi-national

well they had to have some reason they took items from his apartment.

The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 2m
UPCOMING: Saudi embassy in Washington says US officials have assured them that Revere student is not a suspect in Boston Marathon bombings.

well they had to have some reason they took items from his apartment.

Possibly just to eliminate him. Possibly he's associated with somebody who is a suspect, or has other information.

The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 2m
BREAKING NEWS: Second victim identified in Boston Marathon bombings: Krystle Campbell of Arlington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers