Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What photo? What link?
I've been trying to hunt down the photo all afternoon with no such luck.
Thanks!

It's in the link posted by MsFacetious. Here is a direct link to that photo (extremely graphic): http://static.squarespace.com/stati...200138335994516_1816702752_n.jpg?format=1000w

ETA: Here is the post by MsFacetious:

Here is the link again to the pictures that we are discussing
in an effort to follow up on victims conditions.

They are GRAPHIC.
EXTREMELY GRAPHIC.

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/wa...ins-content-that-is-not-suitable-for-all-ages

Probably unrelated but this caught my eye just now:

Fox breaking news ticker at top of their page says that "LETTER SENT TO SEN. WICKER TESTS POSITIVE FOR RICIN, LAWMAKERS TOLD"

http://www.foxnews.com/

(Sen. Wicker is R-Miss I think)

There is another photo with Krystle in it. It can be seen on Live Leak as well, 17th photo down the page. It was taken immediately the bomb went off, and before the crown control fences have been removed. At the moment of that shot, she appears to still be alive, as her head is lifted off the ground and her left arm is holding on to her friend next to her. It breaks my heart to know that help just couldn't get there fast enough, especially with that amount of blood loss.

This photo also contains the legs and feet of another child, barefoot, who appears to have been being toted by her mother in brown leather boots. Possibly 6-7 years old. I have wondered if this is Martin's sister. There is another photo from another site that I just cannot pin down at this moment that shows them from another angle.

oh gosh she is clearly alive. and yes that may be jane richard. i believe all 3 fatalities were literally on top of the first bomb.

The bag picture makes no sense to me, respectfully, only because LE has clearly pointed to dark bags, black duffel bags and the like.

I agree. Also in the 'after' photo, the metal railing is blown forward at a right angle against the mailbox. This would indicate that the blast came from behind the metal railing, not in front of it on the street side. IMO.

As mentioned by someone else above, there's also a black bag further up on the curb.

There is another photo with Krystle in it. It can be seen on Live Leak as well, 17th photo down the page. It was taken immediately the bomb went off, and before the crown control fences have been removed. At the moment of that shot, she appears to still be alive, as her head is lifted off the ground and her left arm is holding on to her friend next to her. It breaks my heart to know that help just couldn't get there fast enough, especially with that amount of blood loss.

This photo also contains the legs and feet of another child, barefoot, who appears to have been being toted by her mother in brown leather boots. Possibly 6-7 years old. I have wondered if this is Martin's sister. There is another photo from another site that I just cannot pin down at this moment that shows them from another angle.

bbm

There aren't 17 pictures up anymore - I got only 13. I wonder if it was removed out of respect?

GRAPHIC WARNING-----

In the photo in the link above, there is a woman lying next to another woman on the pavement. A medical worker is checking both of their pulses, it seems. The woman on the left lost her entire lower body... Is that Krystle? :cry:

Yes. I saw the pictures last night, and immediately knew it was her when her Facebook page was linked. :(

I'm sorry.... I didn't issue a graphic warning because I did not link the photos. I figure anyone with sense can find these photos if they want to view them, so the link is not necessary.

for anyone interested, here is a link to a flikr photostream of the bombing before and immediately afterward, filmed from the buildings above and on the same side as the 1st bombing site. They are not extremely graphic or close up, but still upsetting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hahatango/sets/72157633252445135/

Also- now released, photos of one of the bombs (what's left of it)

"The bomb that exploded at the finish line of Monday's Boston Marathon sent shock waves across the country. Crime scene photos obtained exclusively by FOX 5 Atlanta are the first look at what is left of the first deadly device.

The investigation into the explosion is already well underway, as agents sift through the remaining pieces of the bomb-- hoping to draw a clear picture of how it was built, where it was built, and ultimately, who built it." photos and more at:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21996004/exclusive-photos-boston-marathon-bomb

Garvey Park in Dorchester is filling up for a vigil/memorial for Martin Richard and his family. :rose:

I agree. Also in the 'after' photo, the metal railing is blown forward at a right angle against the mailbox. This would indicate that the blast came from behind the metal railing, not in front of it on the street side. IMO.

As mentioned by someone else above, there's also a black bag further up on the curb.

i think we are looking at the different blast sights. the 2nd blast the fencing is blown back away from the street. there is a black back pack in the picture as well. ive enlarged the original photo. but the trajectory doesn't work.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366154280.727811.jpg
(enlarged from original)

link to original.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...usive-fbi-investigating-photo-that-shows-bag/

bbm

There aren't 17 pictures up anymore - I got only 13. I wonder if it was removed out of respect?

Hmmm.... I'm scared to refresh the page. I still have it open in a window and there are....

ahhh.... There are two different links. If you go to LiveLeak homepage and look at photos from there, there are only 13 photos. However, if you google LiveLeak bombing photos and click on the link from google, there are 20 images.

i think we are looking at the different blast sights. the 2nd blast the fencing is blown back away from the street. there is a black back pack in the picture as well. ive enlarged the original photo. but the trajectory doesn't work.

View attachment 32194
(enlarged from original)

link to original.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...usive-fbi-investigating-photo-that-shows-bag/

For sure that second link, the bag is not the bomb. The mailbox is still standing, and not nearly enough other damage around.

Hmmm.... I'm scared to refresh the page. I still have it open in a window and there are....

ahhh.... There are two different links. If you go to LiveLeak homepage and look at photos from there, there are only 13 photos. However, if you google LiveLeak bombing photos and click on the link from google, there are 20 images.

**GRAPHIC**

Link to the 20

LiveLeak.com - Boston Bombing Pics 20 files [ Graphic Content ]

Link to number 17:

http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/s/s...1b4db65f5e99818bad1904c41ddd5ccab&ec_rate=200

I can believe they used backpacks and just laid them down. With a large crowd of people no one will pay attention to random backpack.

An experience I had one time (I've had a couple like this in the last few years): One day I went to the grocery store here on a military instillation. As I walked into the front door, (there were probably about 5 or 6 people walking in with me at the same time) laying on the floor propped up on one of the displays was a backpack. No one near it. Every single one of us turned around and walked right back outside. I didn't stop with my kids until I was back out to my car. We told a worker as we were leaving that there was an unattended backpack at the front of the store. They started evacuation of the store immediately. The MPs came and the person who had left it there wandered back to the store saying they had laid it down and forgot it. But, that is how we are trained, it's drilled into our heads to look for those things. That's why I said, yesterday, it's so important to start teaching our general public about situation awareness.

What a dispicable thing to do to so many innocent people! Who freakin' thinks twice about a backpack? I stopped crying last night and now I'm just mad. Furious.

What about the young man in a wheelchair wearing a light grey jersey type shirt w/dark grey sleeves. Does anyone have an update on his condition, please? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member