Explosion Boston Marathon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How these things work is so impossible to understand.
How does one person lose multiple limbs while the one next to them is unscathed?
It's all just so wrong.

Sometimes it is a simple as who or what is blocking who.

Fwiw.. the pressure cooker shown here is likely made in Europe. INOX is a french moniker for stainless steel from acier inoxydable

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21996004/exclusive-photos-boston-marathon-bomb

The plate appears to be kind that's affixed to the bottom of the pot, not integrally layered into the pot, which probably suggests a cheaper version. Pressure cookers are not cheap, especially in stainless steel. A cheaper version might be found in departments stores, Marshalls, etc. More expensive ones only in specialty or online.

I think a European-made, value brand, or something made to mimic a European brand.

Excellent observation! ITA about the french INOX stamp.

One bomb appears to be in front of or near the restaurant "Forum" in Boston at 755 Boylston St Boston.

http://www.csmonitor.com/ picture here no graphic but does have some blood on ground. I found a picture with the numbers 755 but can't link that one it's graphic.

Does anyone know the address of the second? TIA

ETA: not second bomb, the other bomb. sorry.

the article dotr linked above includes a quote from a fire chief who mentions a deceased boy in the street... putting two and two together... that very graphic photo that people thought might be photo shopped was in the street... and **graphic comment**

it looks like part of what is seen is a small head ???

i hope i'm so wrong about the possible fate of little adorable martin :(

worst photo ever. i still believe that is an adult. perhaps the Chinese student ( adult male)

http://www.motherjones.com/files/BH6ju2NCMAAzhqs.jpg_large.jpg

if you see the lightpost on the right side of the photo and follow the white line in the road, does anyone think that could possibly be the backpack they've posted about?

WARNING PHOTO MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC IMAGES - I can not make out anything graphic as police and fire are covering where most of the people are but they may be and I just haven't looked at it closely enough so warning just in case. Don't click if you don't want to see or just stay focused on the right side of the image.

Is that white stuff insulation?

2424733_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21996004/exclusive-photos-boston-marathon-bomb

this backpack is what i'm referring to

One bomb appears to be in front of or near the restaurant "Forum" in Boston at 755 Boylston St Boston.

http://www.csmonitor.com/ picture here no graphic but does have some blood on ground. I found a picture with the numbers 755 but can't link that one it's graphic.

Does anyone know the address of the second? TIA

ETA: not second bomb, the other bomb. sorry.

The addresses are on my map, which is linked in my signature. Sorry I'm on my phone so can't link it here.

if you see the lightpost on the right side of the photo and follow the white line in the road, does anyone think that could possibly be the backpack they've posted about?

WARNING PHOTO MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC IMAGES - I can not make out anything graphic as police and fire are covering where most of the people are but they may be and I just haven't looked at it closely enough so warning just in case. Don't click if you don't want to see or just stay focused on the right side of the image.

Yes, the close up photo and the photo you posted showing the black object in the crosswalk appear to match. The close up appears to have been taken from the left of the larger photo.

The addresses are on my map, which is linked in my signature. Sorry I'm on my phone so can't link it here.

Thank you Hollye! Both bombs were placed at or near intersections. Depending on if they barred foot traffic on various roads that gives the bombers a lot of options when leaving the area. Just some thoughts.

All sizes | DSC03129 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This photo shows the finish line and location of the first bomb at 3:36:30 into the race, approximately 33 minutes before the explosion. At the bottom of the picture, you'll see Krystle Campbell and her friend Karen Rand. This is the nearest before-blast photo I've seen.

Looking at the density of the crowd and the time it would take to move through it, I'm inclined to believe that at this point the bomb is already planted, or perhaps the bomber is in the scene. I expect other victims are in the scene as well though I've not yet identified them.

YES! and apparently the injuries at 2nd spot are equally as awful.

the article dotr linked above includes a quote from a fire chief who mentions a deceased boy in the street... putting two and two together... that very graphic photo that people thought might be photo shopped was in the street... and **graphic comment**

it looks like part of what is seen is a small head ???

i hope i'm so wrong about the possible fate of little adorable martin :(

I really dont think it's a picture from this event. the body is laying on white interrupted lines. There is no white lines near the 1st explosion and we have pics and videos of that area and that body was not seen. On the 2nd bomb blast there is a white line further out on the road, but it is an uninterrupted line and you can see from this picture (no graphic things in it) that no body is there.:

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...usive-fbi-investigating-photo-that-shows-bag/

I just don't know what to make out of that picture. And that body would have been in the death counts yesterday immediately after the event, because they are very obviously deceased. And that person has an adult sized calf and larger shoes than a young boy would wear. The Chinese person could be the only possibility, but they would have been included in the counts yesterday and there is no where making the crime scenes that this body is lying. Also this person would have had to been directly on the bomb to be so severely injured, so much more so then all the rest of the victims. So ?????? i have no idea. All I know is that it's AWFUL

Certainly looks like the item in the photoo.

This photo shows the finish line and location of the first bomb at 3:36:30 into the race, approximately 33 minutes before the explosion. At the bottom of the picture, you'll see Krystle Campbell and her friend Karen Rand. This is the nearest before-blast photo I've seen.

Looking at the density of the crowd and the time it would take to move through it, I'm inclined to believe that at this point the bomb is already planted, or perhaps the bomber is in the scene. I expect other victims are in the scene as well though I've not yet identified them.

The picture is not working for me

Is her friend carrying a blue and white backpack or shoulder bag?

I really dont think it's a picture from this event. the body is laying on white interrupted lines. There is no white lines near the 1st explosion and we have pics and videos of that area and that body was not seen. On the 2nd bomb blast there is a white line further out on the road, but it is an uninterrupted line and you can see from this picture (no graphic things in it) that no body is there.:

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...usive-fbi-investigating-photo-that-shows-bag/

I just don't know what to make out of that picture. And that body would have been in the death counts yesterday immediately after the event, because they are very obviously deceased. And that person has an adult sized calf and larger shoes than a young boy would wear. The Chinese person could be the only possibility, but they would have been included in the counts yesterday and there is no where making the crime scenes that this body is lying. Also this person would have had to been directly on the bomb to be so severely injured, so much more so then all the rest of the victims. So ?????? i have no idea. All I know is that it's AWFUL

I agree....that pic Imoo is from somewhere else.

There are fake and doctored photos floating around, folks, so be aware.

I know I mentioned this before, but I hope LE is sourcing the photos floating around online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop