Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding hospital/medical bills, I think I remember in Aurora, that no one would be responsible for them (well, someone will pay but not the victims)

I would HOPE TO GOD that this is the case here. I don't know what kind of presedence there is - there were so few actual injuries during 9/11...I remember the hospitals all being ready for an influx and tragically no one ever came.

We have law enforcement looking for a suspect...
obviously he isn't dead or in the hospital which means he wasn't a suicide bomber. :twocents:

No, we have LE saying they have identified a suspect but they do not have someone under arrest. I think ericnot's presumption is a very valid one .

It may be important from a legal perspective that someone who is in custody as a material witness or a victim---not be considered arrested at this time.

To me, the presumption of custody is as valid right now as the presumption of "looking for".

JMOO!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Wow! Kinda sad for him, but I get that they have to check everyone out. I didn't find him to be suspicious at all.

I didn't either. I think it's completely absurd. :furious:
However, it was brought up as a concern earlier in the thread.
I wanted to reassure people that they are even looking at him.

Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 3m
Patrick met privately with Bill and Denise Richard, who lost their 8 yr old son, Martin, in Boston Marathon bombings.

???
Martin's mother is in hospital with brain injury and in critical condition

This is a BIG if, but *if* the injured are holder of Massachusetts-based health insurance, there is no such thing as a pre-existing condition or excluding coverage of acts of terror. Of course, that does nothing to help procure the future livelihoods of the construction workers who lost legs and all the similar disabilities, disfigurements, and injuries incurred by all the victims, but I'm just throwing that out there for the people who were worried their insurance wouldn't pay.

Regarding hospital/medical bills, I think I remember in Aurora, that no one would be responsible for them (well, someone will pay but not the victims)

I would HOPE TO GOD that this is the case here. I don't know what kind of presedence there is - there were so few actual injuries during 9/11...I remember the hospitals all being ready for an influx and tragically no one ever came.

Yeah, I'd say with some confidence that the hospitals would not go after any of the victims that didn't have insurance, etc.

I haven't read through all of the posts yet, but in case you all have not seen these - one person's account along with some photos, including one taken less than a minute prior to the first explosion. It's actually just off to the side of where it detonated I think.

http://deadspin.com/i-watched-the-marathon-bombing-from-above-these-are-my-473591429

Posting because I know people are now talking about how they think the perpetrator was likely in the general vicinity, detonating the bomb by remote...

Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 3m
Patrick met privately with Bill and Denise Richard, who lost their 8 yr old son, Martin, in Boston Marathon bombings.

???
Martin's mother is in hospital with brain injury and in critical condition

Probably just poor reporting. I don't know about the meeting, but perhaps it was a bedside visit at the hospital, and the actual conversation was really only between the dad and the governor because mom is not capable at the moment.

Well to be fair, we don't know for a fact that the "suspect" they are/were looking for isn't laying in a hospital right now.

But you are most likely right. It was just my first impression from the report "bag strapped to his chest".

Any hospital would call LE with an injured person from the bombing.
I also would guess that if the reports are true, LE wouldn't be looking for him if he was in a hospital.
We've seen a description of the clothing and everything...
If they are really looking for him he's not hospitalized.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Investigators scrambling to solve the fatal bombings at the Boston Marathon want to question a man seen on video as a possible suspect in the attack, two official sources with knowledge of the investigation said Wednesday.

------------

The second source said investigators have not identified this person.

Thanks! It was an agonizing wait for my membership to get mod approval while I was sitting on this discovery but totally worth it. Long time lurker but this is the first time I've had something useful to contribute.

I did my best to try and match the boards using google image search but the references in the doc are as close as I could get. Not the same models but very similar- could even be the same manufacturer. Some of the R/C savvy redditors provided more info. The technology is very similar to your son's R/C car, but these are most likely a step up in quality and sophistication - Particularly the blue board indicates a hobby shop rather than toy store type R/C car. These models have better range (potentially over 1000 feet), no interference from other signals, and since they are large they have big batteries. This is probably the kind of product that was modified to build the trigger:

http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Pro...ode=TXEV-104&gclid=CIDo6vXV0rYCFSSCQgod31AAfg

Wow. So I'm finding this R/C racing hobby can be very expensive. People custom build their racing models - parts including body, paint, souped up battery & all. Some of these models can go for more than 4 grand! I'd have never known. I complained when my husband spent 160 on a remote control hummer for my son for crying out loud, & that was just from toysrus. Wow, you've blown me away with the possibility of the circuit board being toy related. Holy cow!

This is not unusual in large crowds. It's a way to prevent getting things stolen.
My camera bag (or other bag) is ALWAYS in front of me in large crowds. :twocents:

The speculation is not that the BOMB was in that bag.
It is that he might have been photographing the carnage he caused.

Whenever I go to the city, I use either my wristlet or my cross body. My purse is always in front of me...never my side or behind me if I'm alone...most especially in a crowded event.

Another member here posted this guy a few pages back - can't remember who. IMHO, he's the leading candidate. He is standing right beside Lord & Taylors in an alley across from where the 2nd bomb exploded. He is standing almost exactly equidistant between the 2 bombs. He'd be in a safe position to watch both detonate. He also appears to be using a cell phone.

http://goo.gl/maps/2vJvK
http://goo.gl/maps/WdvN2

Wow. THIS. As much as I hate to speculate about potentially innocent bystanders, his positioning makes sense and he matches the description. It will be very interesting to see when the person of interest matches anyone that has been discussed on these forums when he a photo is released.

The news media is an utter embarrassment - worthless!

So glad to have a name now for Jeff. I will pray for him. this is so horrible and at the same time so completely frustrating since I know there is no punishment great enough for the actions that caused so much agony!

Thank you boston baby for the links! Thanks Isabelle for reposting. I truly appreciate reading about these families. Love and prayers.

Strange how everyone is looking only at suspicious men.

Strange how everyone is looking only at suspicious men.

I guess that goes with the U.S. recent history of white male bombers. (Underline U.S.) Some of us think women are perfect perps too. A few posts on it.

Today's news said male, they couldn't decide if he has brown skin or white, lol, or if arrested or not. So take all that with a big fat grain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7