Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know the 2 people you are talking about... but they found a pic of both of them after the bomb went off, with their backpacks still intact

All sizes | DSC03153 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

(next to the police van up top)

Those are the 2 I was thinking of. Maybe they are some sort of security or le.

These 2 men are just standing talking on phones, I think. Everyone else is running or offering aid. This could be because of their job...probably is...just curious...

Yeah, but the heavy coats kinda stand out. Could be several reasons for that, I guess...

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys2m
ABC's Brian Ross to WCVB: Authorities say man identified as suspect had black bag strapped across his chest

from article

"Contrary to widespread reporting, no arrest has been made in connection with the Boston Marathon attack. Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that has been inaccurate. Since these stories often have unintended consequences, we ask the media, particularly at this early stage of the investigation, to exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting," says the FBI's Boston office in a statement to the media.

:welcome: ericnot!

Amazing first post! Thank you for this contribution!

Thanks! It was an agonizing wait for my membership to get mod approval while I was sitting on this discovery but totally worth it. Long time lurker but this is the first time I've had something useful to contribute.

I did my best to try and match the boards using google image search but the references in the doc are as close as I could get. Not the same models but very similar- could even be the same manufacturer. Some of the R/C savvy redditors provided more info. The technology is very similar to your son's R/C car, but these are most likely a step up in quality and sophistication - Particularly the blue board indicates a hobby shop rather than toy store type R/C car. These models have better range (potentially over 1000 feet), no interference from other signals, and since they are large they have big batteries. This is probably the kind of product that was modified to build the trigger:

http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Pro...ode=TXEV-104&gclid=CIDo6vXV0rYCFSSCQgod31AAfg

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys2m
ABC's Brian Ross to WCVB: Authorities say man identified as suspect had black bag strapped across his chest

I wonder if this is actually true bc something I've been thinking of is maybe the perp/s stayed to document firsthand. Could the black back strapped across his chest be a camera bag?

I wonder if this is actually true bc something I've been thinking of is maybe the perp/s stayed to document firsthand. Could the black back strapped across his chest be a camera bag?

Or the bag contained the very obviously looking R/C remote controls that would have looked very suspicious in plain site. The remotes may have been ditched prior to him being taken into custody

http://site.rctoyz.com/RQ-1Lpredator_13.jpg

I've always operated under the assumption that at least one of the perps (if there are multiple) walked away with the transmitter either in a bulky jacket pocket or a third bag.

Strapped to the front? Hummmm

This is not unusual in large crowds. It's a way to prevent getting things stolen.
My camera bag (or other bag) is ALWAYS in front of me in large crowds. :twocents:

The speculation is not that the BOMB was in that bag.
It is that he might have been photographing the carnage he caused.

Or the bag contained the very obviously looking R/C remote controls that would have looked very suspicious in plain site. The remotes may have been ditched prior to him being taken into custody

http://site.rctoyz.com/RQ-1Lpredator_13.jpg

I've always operated under the assumption that at least one of the perps (if there are multiple) walked away with the transmitter either in a bulky jacket pocket or a third bag.
Welcome! But, um, "The remotes may have been ditched prior to him being taken into custody". What am I missing?

We need to be careful to include that something is just our opinion and not state them as fact.
For example: Say "in my opinion this might have happened, IF he did it this way."
If something is stated as fact then people get confused and think it IS fact. :twocents:

So glad to have a name now for Jeff. I will pray for him. this is so horrible and at the same time so completely frustrating since I know there is no punishment great enough for the actions that caused so much agony!

This is not unusual in large crowds. It's a way to prevent getting things stolen.
My camera bag (or other bag) is ALWAYS in front of me in large crowds. :twocents:

The speculation is not that the BOMB was in that bag.
It is that he might have been photographing the carnage he caused.

I had not thought about that. Like a psychopath taking a keepsake from a murder. :what:

I had not thought about that. Like a psychopath taking a keepsake from a murder. :what:

Exactly, I don't really think it's that likely that he stuck around to take pictures...
However, it's definitely more likely than a suicide bomber. :twocents:

I think a suicide bomber can definitely be ruled out.
We have 3 innocent victims here who were not bombers.
We have many injured innocent people.

We have law enforcement looking for a suspect...
obviously he isn't dead or in the hospital which means he wasn't a suicide bomber. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody