Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In some of those pictures that have been released "prior to detonation", there are a couple of guys wearing black coats & what look to be heavy backpacks. What made me curious about these two guys is their coats. Has anybody seen them? I just thought it was odd to wear such obviously heavy thick winter coats on a day that had such nice weather. Most others in the crowd photos wore lightweight jackets or hoodies.

Is this the 2 who are dressed alike, khaki pants, black backpacks(large) and earbuds?
I am curious about them. Someone posted earlier that they may be le. But le don't usually carry backpacks.

I just got home from work, and I'm hearing all sorts of conflicting info....and 22 new pages to this thread :0

Can someone give me the Cole's Notes update?

Has there been an arrest?
Is there a suspect?
Is it someone we've seen in the imgs?

TIA :)

In some of those pictures that have been released "prior to detonation", there are a couple of guys wearing black coats & what look to be heavy backpacks. What made me curious about these two guys is their coats. Has anybody seen them? I just thought it was odd to wear such obviously heavy thick winter coats on a day that had such nice weather. Most others in the crowd photos wore lightweight jackets or hoodies.

I think I know the 2 people you are talking about... but they found a pic of both of them after the bomb went off, with their backpacks still intact

All sizes | DSC03153 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

(next to the police van up top)

I just got home from work, and I'm hearing all sorts of conflicting info....and 22 new pages to this thread :0

Can someone give me the Cole's Notes update?

Is there a suspect?

TIA :)

Don't know, maybe
Don't know, maybe a white guy
Don't know, maybe

Yep, that's about how clear it's been all day.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

I'm just following that link. (Who is that chick talking?)

I think I know the 2 people you are talking about... but they found a pic of both of them after the bomb went off, with their backpacks still intact

All sizes | DSC03153 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

(next to the police van up top)

These 2 men are just standing talking on phones, I think. Everyone else is running or offering aid. This could be because of their job...probably is...just curious...

I had to chuckle when I seen the title. I seen all the tweets on the arrest then no arrest. Then dark skin man arrested, then light color skin man arrest, then one tweet said well we know for sure the person has skin.:floorlaugh:

Honest Chuckle. :)

Sadly though, on a serious note, he has skin, but they don't.

Headline on CNN.com with no link.

Investigators want to question a man seen on video as a possible Boston attack suspect, two official sources say.

http://www.cnn.com/

Is there a suspect?

No arrest.
Suspect spotted in photos by the authorities.
We don't know if it is someone that has been pointed out here.
Description is dark skinned man, gray hoodie, black jacket, white baseball cap.

Presser may have been cancelled because POTUS will speak on failed gun control bill today at 5:30 from the Rose Garden.

Or, it could be that there are developments.

Or, it could be that LE has decided no more info should go to big media outlets until they learn how to report things. Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

This "suspect" on video was allegedly on the phone at the SECOND bomb location,
when the FIRST bomb went off.

So the theory would be that he used the phone to detonate bomb 1, then ran away to detonate bomb 2.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

That is so confusing because I read other reports saying it was actually a TIMER and not a phone detonated explosion. So much confusion and conflicting info in this tragic case.

Your post made me realize the bombs were triggered with the parts from a hobby R/C car. When I looked at the bomb component photos released by the FBI and I discovered that the circuit remnants are not from timers, but from the wireless receiver and motor speed control boards of a remote control toy car/plane/helicopter.

Initial analysis here:
http://imgur.com/GHkXoqf

Reddit thread with more info from R/C hobbyists
http://www.reddit.com/r/findbostonbombers/comments/1ciwrx/electronic_bomb_component_analysis/

What we discovered last night was that
1. There were two different model R/C transmitter receivers used
2. Depending on the design, these remotes can work from up to 1000 ft and beyond.
3. It would be fairly easy to modify an R/C car to detonate the bomb. All you'd have to do is disconnect the drive motor and in its place put a model rocket ignitor or glow plug.

Based on this information you can expect that:
-The perpetrator(s) were in relative proximity to the bombs when they detonated
-The remote transmitters would have to be concealed on their person (either in a bulky jacket, or another bag)
- They most likely procured two R/C cars and scavenged the battery, tx/rx units, and motor speed control boards, throwing out the motors/wheels/cases. A lot of the key parts for this device, including/glow plugs and ignitors can be purchased at a hobby shop.

Thanks for the update!

Very confusing situation. I hope some light is shed on it soon.

Has there been any further release today of info about survivors?

I bumped down my satellite service to basic, and now the only news station I get is Fox. What a joke. They had an "expert" on being all alarmist about how the U.S. should brace for a long spring and summer because this has the fingerprint of Al Qaeda and it won't be an isolated incident. Thankfully, followed by a Brit later on who admonished the way the American media is handling this and said they need to take "the theatre" of the reporting and not give oxygen to it. The Fox anchor sounded pretty defeated after that. :)

So I appreciate all of your updates here... a lifeline to the poor slob (me) with basic satellite and a wireless connection too crappy for live streaming! Thank you.

That is so confusing because I read other reports saying it was actually a TIMER and not a phone detonated explosion. So much confusion and conflicting info in this tragic case.

I guess it's possible he was just calling a friend to tell them to turn on the news?
I just figure that if they are suspicious because he's on the phone when the bomb goes off...
The theory is that's how he detonated it.

They really know nothing... at this point it's ALL rumor.

The only thing we know for sure is that two bombs went off and so far, 3 people are dead.

I've seen reports that everyone is out of the woods now... that is NOT true.
There are at least 3 people who according to family are still clinging to life.
I don't know why the seriousness of their injuries isn't being portrayed accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManicPixieSim