Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a photo of krystle that i will not post. she is unscathed from her waist up and is laying on the side walk exactly where the mailbox "was" and is no longer there. my guess is she died of severe internal injuries from the blast.

poor thing.

i have a photo of krystle that i will not post. she is unscathed from her waist up and is laying on the side walk exactly where the mailbox "was" and is no longer there. my guess is she died of severe internal injuries from the blast.

poor thing.

So she is the one that died without losing limbs, correct?
She is NOT the one missing both legs above the knee?
If that woman survived that is amazing.

From Boston.com live feed:

BREAKING NEWS: A second victim has been identified in Boston Marathon bombings: Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington. According to her grandmother, Lillian Campbell of Somerville, Krystle had just moved to the town a short time ago. She had been living with her grandmother to help her through an illness for the past couple of years.

Krystle recently left a job as a manager at the Summer Shack for a job at Jimmy's Steer House on Mass. Ave. in Arlington. She went to watch the Marathon every year and was there with a friend this year. The friend is hospitalized with serious injuries.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...rs-hidden-in-backpacks-officials-say#comments

Investigators believe the bombs at the Boston Marathon were shrapnel-studded pressure cookers, hidden in backpacks and set off by timers, law enforcement officials told NBC News on Tuesday.

The disclosure came as authorities pleaded with spectators from the race to send photos and video that may shed light on who set off the blasts, killing three people and injuring at least 176.

The top FBI official in Boston vowed to go “to the ends of the earth” to find those responsible. But a day after the explosions, President Barack Obama said authorities still did not know whether the attack was foreign or domestic, the work of a group or an individual, or what the motive might be.

Martin's Classmate remembers his friend who loved to draw sports pictures:

BH_lOj1CAAAxv_c.jpg

From live feed at Boston.com

Was she the one with no visible injuries?
I'm still wondering about the woman that lost both legs... if she survived.
We know Martin and Krystle. We know one woman died without serious external injury.
If the third victim is a man then I guess so far the woman missing both legs did survive.

In the image I saw, it appeared that she had some injuries to her leg(s), but the visible injuries didn't appear to be severe compared to some of the other victims who suffered traumatic amputations. I think she might be the victim that doctor referred to - he said he didn't see any injuries to her thorax, IIRC.

When I saw the image, my first thought was "OMG - she's deceased." There was just something about the lack of expression on her face.

There was another woman lying next to her on the sidewalk who appeared to be seriously injured. I wonder if that's the friend mentioned in the media reports.

BREAKING NEWS: A second victim has been identified in Boston Marathon bombings: Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington. According to her grandmother, Lillian Campbell of Somerville, Krystle had just moved to the town a short time ago. She had been living with her grandmother to help her through an illness for the past couple of years.

Krystle recently left a job as a manager at the Summer Shack for a job at another restaurant in the area. She went to watch the marathon every year and was there with a friend this year. The friend is hospitalized with serious injuries.

Prayers to Krystle's family and friends. I'm sure she was greatly loved and will be forever missed. My heart breaks for her and her loved ones.

RIP Krystle....a beautiful lady gone to soon...

The other identified victim, 8-year-old Martin Richard, was running away from the first explosion with his family when the second blast killed him.
His mother and 6-year-old sister were injured in the blast as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...im-identified-krystle-campbell-174401374.html

I think this was the whole idea. :twocents:
Make them run away, then bomb them again.

i find this hard to believe. the explosions were 413ft apart (approx) and 10 seconds between. no way she is getting that far with 3 kids to be that severely injured and martin killed. i believe all deaths and severe injuries took place at the first sight in front of lens crafters/marathon sports.

So she is the one that died without losing limbs, correct?
She is NOT the one missing both legs above the knee?
If that woman survived that is amazing.

it appears she didn't but the picture is cut off.

Prayers to Krystle's family and friends. I'm sure she was greatly loved and will be forever missed. My heart breaks for her and her loved ones.

RIP Krystle....a beautiful lady gone to soon...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...rs-hidden-in-backpacks-officials-say#comments

Investigators believe the bombs at the Boston Marathon were shrapnel-studded pressure cookers, hidden in backpacks and set off by timers, law enforcement officials told NBC News on Tuesday.

The disclosure came as authorities pleaded with spectators from the race to send photos and video that may shed light on who set off the blasts, killing three people and injuring at least 176.

The top FBI official in Boston vowed to go “to the ends of the earth” to find those responsible. But a day after the explosions, President Barack Obama said authorities still did not know whether the attack was foreign or domestic, the work of a group or an individual, or what the motive might be.

Pressure cookers bombs supposedly were associated with certain groups in 2001, in a land far from the United States. The construct for these devices have been on the net since then....maybe someone wants to deflect blame to a certain style or groups. I would think that is quite possible, altho their intel is crude, out of date....but sadly, just as destructive.

I feel ill. She was in one of the images I saw yesterday - a doctor was checking her pulse, but it was obvious she was either close to death or had already passed. I wish I hadn't seen that photo. It haunted me all night long.

TY for the link to her FB page. She was obviously a bright, beautiful person, with her whole life ahead of her. Tragic.

RIP Krystle. My prayers & thoughts are with her loved ones as they mourn her loss. :(

I saw the same photo, and to me, she'd already passed. And on her upper body there are no visible injuries (except for what looks like a scratch), at least in that photo; however, I am not sure that she had both legs intact...the photo is cut off at an angle, so I can't tell for certain. One leg is out of the photo at just about the knee, and the other one is blocked by medical personnel checking for a pulse.

While I could've gone my entire life without seeing that photo, it was far less gruesome than some of the others that can be seen.

And while I feel sorry for her (and the others who've died), I am also far more sorry for those who, like the young man Jeff in the wheelchair photo, who have a very long, painful (physical as well as emotional) recovery ahead of them. For those who've passed, they are at peace, and, I believe, are with God right this very moment; while the survivors have entered a version of hell on earth.

I continue to say prayers for the victims, alive and dead, of this incredibly horrific act. And for all those responders, both LE, EMS, RNs and Drs, as well as bystanders who stepped into the chaos and brought what peace and comfort they could to those in dire need, my prayers are for healing and stamina, as they move through this trying time.

Best-
Herding Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members