Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i find this hard to believe. the explosions were 413ft apart (approx) and 10 seconds between. no way she is getting that far with 3 kids to be that severely injured and martin killed. i believe all deaths and severe injuries took place at the first sight in front of lens crafters/marathon sports.

It's possible that they were closer to the 2nd location when they began running away from the 1st. I can believe that they ran into the 2nd explosion, if that were the case. If there was an explosion and I had my kids with me, I would most certainly be hightailing it in the opposite direction of that blast, even if we were a bit away from where it occurred. JMOO

Investigators have found a circuit board believed to have been used to trigger the Marathon bombs, a source told the Globe's Shelley Murphy.by Teresa Hanafin, Boston.

A TSA supervisor at Logan Airport has told his security people to ask travelers who looked like they had attended the Marathon if they took any photos near the finish line that they would be willing to turn over to officials investigating the bombings.by Teresa Hanafin, Boston.com 4/16/2013 7:02:08 PM 2:02 PM

It's possible that they were closer to the 2nd location when they began running away from the 1st. I can believe that they ran into the 2nd explosion, if that were the case. If there was an explosion and I had my kids with me, I would most certainly be hightailing it in the opposite direction of that blast, even if we were a bit away from where it occurred. JMOO

very true. i didnt think of that.

Doctors from one of the hospitals updating on TV now...

Just finished making rounds, encouraged that of the patients there, there will be no more fatalities. Some being taken in for additional surgeries, some patients are awake, all are hemodynamically (?) stable. All are improving.

They have 6 or 7 critical at this time.

Sorry I didn't catch which hospital this is.

Edit - these are Mass General Hospital docs

Krystal rest in peace.
Yesterday I had posted, I didn't understand how people could take the graphic photos they did. If Krystal was in a blue shirt, she did have injurys below the waist, I really hope they remove those photos out of respect for the family.

I feel ill. She was in one of the images I saw yesterday - a doctor was checking her pulse, but it was obvious she was either close to death or had already passed. I wish I hadn't seen that photo. It haunted me all night long.

TY for the link to her FB page. She was obviously a bright, beautiful person, with her whole life ahead of her. Tragic.

RIP Krystle. My prayers & thoughts are with her loved ones as they mourn her loss. :(

Yes, I saw that picture too. It was the last one in the series on Slate. It was obvious to me when I saw it that she was already dead and I was surprised they showed such a clear picture of her (although they may not have realized she was dead, as she was right by several other injured people). My guess is that she is the one the doctor talked about in the interview when he said that he couldn't figure out how she had died, as she didn't have any obvious injuries. I wonder if it could have been internal injuries from the shock wave? What an incredibly sad waste of life.

More from MGH docs: many victims being sent to Mass Eye & Ear for injuries to eyes, ruptured tympanic membranes, etc.

Amazed by how many came to donate blood - but is not needed at this time. Director of blood bank says blood has a shelf life, and as patients need transfusions over the next few weeks, that will be the time to donate. They don't want an excess of blood that will "go bad".

Also if true about circuit board; why would you have a circuit board for only 2 bombs?

In the image I saw, it appeared that she had some injuries to her leg(s), but the visible injuries didn't appear to be severe compared to some of the other victims who suffered traumatic amputations. I think she might be the victim that doctor referred to - he said he didn't see any injuries to her thorax, IIRC.

When I saw the image, my first thought was "OMG - she's deceased." There was just something about the lack of expression on her face.

There was another woman lying next to her on the sidewalk who appeared to be seriously injured. I wonder if that's the friend mentioned in the media reports.

Yes, you could see her legs and while injured, they did not look seriously injured. She also did not have any obvious head injury. I also thought it was quite obvious that she was dead--both from her position and even from her skin tone--and yes, the lack of expression on her face. The woman next to her probably was her injured friend, poor thing. Can you imagine??

MGH docs giving big praise to EMS or their organization and speed. Saying that some patients were so critical that if they'd spent just a few more moments at the explosion scene, they would have died.

Purely speculation on my part: A circuit board could, hypothetically, be part of a timer mechanism or for cellphone activation.

So we have Martin who was killed.
We have Krystle who appears to be the woman with no major external injuries who was killed.
Who was the third? I've seen that it was a man.

If that's true then that woman survived having both entire legs blown off. Wow.
I'm not even sure how you would go about stopping that bleeding.
I agree, the people first on the scene did an amazing job.

How random and crazy... the things that some people survive... while others don't survive seemingly less severe injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444