Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a fact that a cellphone was involved at this time? Or is that an assumption at this point, I wonder.

Good question. I think it was an assumption maybe bc the Feds issued a shut down of cell towers as a precautionary measure. They did say they thought the bombs were remote detonated.

Docs were saying that most injuries were below the knee, but were so severe that they had to amputate above the knee in most cases. :(

Yes, you could see her legs and while injured, they did not look seriously injured. She also did not have any obvious head injury. I also thought it was quite obvious that she was dead--both from her position and even from her skin tone--and yes, the lack of expression on her face. The woman next to her probably was her injured friend, poor thing. Can you imagine??

What article/photos are you referring to? Thanks!

oh what a double tragedy regarding krystle's family being told she was alive. her friend is also named in the article.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1318295

Oh, that is SO terrible! That poor poor family. I wondered about the injured friend and whether she knew that Krystle had died. Of course if she was in surgery, she wasn't in any position to correct their mistake.

This article states that Krystle died in the first bombing, and I've had the impression that many of the other pictures of serious injuries were from that first site as well. Do we know if the injuries were as severe at the second bombing?

i find this hard to believe. the explosions were 413ft apart (approx) and 10 seconds between. no way she is getting that far with 3 kids to be that severely injured and martin killed. i believe all deaths and severe injuries took place at the first sight in front of lens crafters/marathon sports.

I read it to mean that they may have been down the street from the first blast, then turned to run in the other direction, into the second blast.

Oh, that is SO terrible! That poor poor family. I wondered about the injured friend and whether she knew that Krystle had died. Of course if she was in surgery, she wasn't in any position to correct their mistake.

This article states that Krystle died in the first bombing, and I've had the impression that many of the other pictures of serious injuries were from that first site as well. Do we know if the injuries were as severe at the second bombing?

this is what im currently sleuthing. no photos from 2nd site oddly.

It's pure speculation on my part. I'll go edit to make that clearer -- don't want to be starting rumors.

Actually, I think you could be onto something.

Carbuff, dontcha hate learning about this stuff? I mean, Casey taught us a person can make homemade chloroform. Terrorists teach us how to make ieds. When does it end?

For cellphone activation? Is that assuming if a cell was used that it wouldn't be a newer version? I mean, wouldn't there be an easier way to tap into a satellite connection while scrambling the signal for the small amount if time needed? I'm asking you bc I'm legitimately confused... It's not my area of knowledge.

I really don't know either. I know there's a circuit board inside just about anything electronic these days, though...they can be very tiny.

What article/photos are you referring to? Thanks!

I saw the photo of Krystle in the series of bombing photos on Slate. It was the last photo in the series, but I just looked again and it has been removed (even though many of the other photos are still there in the same series. I did not save the article/photo when I saw it last night.

Actually, I think you could be onto something.

Carbuff, dontcha hate learning about this stuff? I mean, Casey taught us a person can make homemade chloroform. Terrorists teach us how to make ieds. When does it end?

It started with Cain, apparently, so it'll probably go on until the second coming, if there is one...

he's also a lot smaller than those two. So the cussion from the explosion (shock wave the goes with an explosion) could have caused a lot more internal bleeding. Also since he's smaller he doesn't have as much blood circulating and more fragile than adults. That is why children are always more at risk along with the old. They just aren't as developed and equipped as healthy adults

Yes, I can understand why he was killed and they were just maimed, but what I didn't understand was the one report that said Martin was killed because he and his family were running from the first bomb when the second one went off and killed him. That sounded like a different scenario from the one described in several places of Martin standing next to these two men who lost their legs. If he had been running with his family, he wouldn't have been standing by those brothers.

MsF, the only way that a wound that severe could even be slightly attenuated would be to get large pressure bandages on the affected limbs immediately, and a whole lot of pressure put on, as well as tourniquets on whatever part you could get them onto.

I saw a number of folks who literally used their clothing (shirts, a bra, shoelaces, belts) to put tourni's and pressure bandages on; these were bystanders, too. I was so deeply touched by those people who gave everything they could to get these folks even one extra minute, so they could make it to a hospital and right into an OR.

Best-
Herding Cats

So Jeff was at the 1st site am I correct? It seems the 1st site did have the most injurys.

this is what im currently sleuthing. no photos from 2nd site oddly.

Yes, I'm very curious about this, so I'll be interested to hear what you find. I guess it makes sense that there were more photographers and press at the finish line, so people were already filming and just continued after the bombing, but there had to be plenty of cameras around the second bombing as well. Maybe people were more reluctant to hang around in case there were more bombs that were going to go off? I wondered about medical personnel getting to that second site too--as most of the medical people were probably grouped near the finish line, I would assume. There are a number of reports from experienced medical people talking about how many lives were saved by the quick action of so many to stop people from bleeding out and to be able to give IVs so quickly to keep fluid levels up, etc. It probably kept some of those people from going into shock and saved their lives.

I just have had the impression that there were more serious injuries at the first site, but that may not be a correct impression. I wondered if there was something different about the placement or effect of the second bomb, or possibly the people weren't grouped as closely there?

I really don't know either. I know there's a circuit board inside just about anything electronic these days, though...they can be very tiny.

You are correct with the tiny/smaller circuit boards. I don't know why I was thinking of a "big" circuit board (showing my age.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444