Explosion Boston Marathon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The look on her face... Whether that is Crystal or her friend... My god.

I am similarly haunted by the look on the face of the AfAm woman in the purple shirt on the stretcher. I cannot tell if it is shock, or death. Has this woman been identified, not by name, but has anyone seen if she lived?

I have read that the much-pictured man in the wheelchair, whose artery was being held shut by Carlos Arredondo, as they raced him to an ambulance, HAS survived. Well attempt to find a link.

Authorities didn't shut down cell towers. Cell phone service went out simply because the system got overloaded. CNN has a story on some of the inaccurate things that went viral and that's one of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/tech/social-media/social-media-boston-fakes/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
5:44 PM
Boston Cell Service Shut Down, AP Reports

Cellphone service shut down in Boston to prevent remote detonations of explosives, official says: apne.ws/ZwBMKb -CC
— The Associated Press (@AP) April 15, 2013

http://www.wbur.org/2013/04/15/live...line#boston-cell-service-shut-down-ap-reports

This went out yesterday.

I wonder if the murderer took video if he'll be able to resist posting it on youtube.

There are a lot of fraudulent and doctored pictures going around...

I sure hope that was a fraudulent picture, because it made me ill to see, thinking of who it could have been.

There is a very special place in hell for the groupies that create this stuff, spam this stuff and gleefully pass the actual photos around the internet.

Just the fact that the young woman's death photo is being chased around the www is appalling to me.

The gleefully is bolded because I do NOT think that any of you are gleefully sending the stuff out.

This young woman has friends, she has family and they will know that there are hundreds of thousands of people gazing at the aftermath of her suffering.

I cannot stand it.

I am not willing to look at the pictures again...
So I'll just have to leave it until someone clarifies what injuries Krystle did or did not have.
Regardless, we still have one not publicly identified.
If that's a man than we have our answer on Krystle. :twocents:

Okay I lied... I looked again. :sick:
The one in the blue shirt with the denim skirt? is the one I was thinking of that lost both legs at waist level.
I don't know if that's Krystle, the picture of her face isn't good enough.

That's Krystle. There's another photo of her that shows her face - it was the one I saw yesterday. I saw the photo that depicts her horrendous injuries for the first time today. Now I see why she died - and most likely died at the scene shortly after the bomb exploded. She probably bled to death from her femoral artery.

In the same photo, there are still wisps of smoke, so it appears she was in very close proximity to the explosive device. :(

This went out yesterday.

Which I guess is a useful reminder that even officials in a position of authority can be mistaken about what's going on at a time like this, and we should always be careful not to jump to conclusions based on what we think we know.

The photo I think you are referencing is a man. He may be the third victim who hasn't been identified.

I hope there is no photo of Martin at the Marathon. Pictures of adults are difficult enough to handle.

FWIW, I can't decide if facing the reality of the injuries is useful or not.

i agree. if this is not a doctored photo this is obviously the 3rd fatality and not a child.

ETA. and if this is the 3rd fatality his condiotion may be why we have no positive ID yet. he appears to be a runner.

The mods indicated that if photos are being discussed, they should be linked iirc.

There is a link to the photos up there... that's enough for me.
I just wanted to clarify if that girl survived... and apparently she did not.

That's Krystle. There's another photo of her that shows her face - it was the one I saw yesterday. I saw the photo that depicts her horrendous injuries for the first time today. Now I see why she died - and most likely died at the scene shortly after the bomb exploded. She probably bled to death from her femoral artery.

In the same photo, there are still wisps of smoke, so it appears she was in very close proximity to the explosive device. :(

So wouldn't a doctor have easily determined that is why she died?
I understand only checking pulse and heart... but could you really miss those injuries?
Perhaps the doctor himself was just in shock... otherwise I am confused.

I'm becoming confused on who this 3rd victim is now.
If that other picture is real... I guess that's probably our 3rd victim.

I can't even begin to look at the photos for fear I'll see someone I know.

No suspects yet.

FBI live on CNN: Asking anyone who noticed a colleague, friend,etc. who referred to the marathon, April 15th, anyone doing research about the marathon, anyone expressing interest or doing research in creating home made bombs to call in the information.

they are super graphic. is that ok? i personally cant bring myself to do it.

Linked, but not reproduced on the threads. Not copy/pasted, but links are appropriate. As far as TOS goes, anyway.

But I know I have made my thoughts clear on all of it. :(

another press conference going. I sure like to hear one of these v.i.p's deliver a message to these killers. "We will find you. You will be brought to justice for your crimes. We're coming to get you."

They look like the same pix except the 6th one of the body in a road. I am not even sure that is from the Boston Marathon, it doesn't look like it and think I have seen that photo before.

From carbuff:

Thanks to you both! I actually deleted my last post after I read your posts. The real photos are bad enough.

I will say I hope there is no media photo of Martin anywhere. Seeing adults in such trauma and shock is difficult enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest