Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of BCH's stated concerns was that there was too much discussion of Justina's medical issues. It was believed that the constant conversation made her anxious and hyper focused on every perceived abnormality. Putting her on talk shows, allowing media interviews, continuing the websites, and pushing for a "Justina's Law" is exactly what this child does not need. In My Opinion, it is sad that the parents have apparently learned nothing from this ordeal.

I can't say for sure about this company, but many of these companies will hire almost anyone. When you are just starting out in the business, the first sales you make are to friends and family. After that, it gets harder to make sales, and if you can't make your goals, the company will let you go. Very common for people to come and go in large numbers at a place like that- if it is a place like that! And when you leave, you can't take the friend and family business with you. The next place you work, you have nothing to start with.

I noticed it was said in the interview that Justina may have to go to more hospitals.....

BBM, Do you have any citation or evidence of this? Is this a fact or are you just opining that you believe this to be the case?

She started the sentence with "I think", which indicates she is opining. If in fact, it was a fact, she would likely have started with " I know ".

She started the sentence with "I think", which indicates she is opining. If in fact, it was a fact, she would likely have started with " I know ".

"I think she was medicated in the facilities. Most foster kids are."

Yes thank you, someone already provided links, so while I appreciate the time you took to respond, it's been covered.

Here is something to think about: The Pelletiers have made exaggerations (some of us think lies is more accurate) about Justina's treatment at BCH. Their claims have frightened many parents who don't really know much about how BCH and other big hospitals function. and take the Pelletiers tales as fact? But what if they are NOT telling the truth? What if it has always just been the family spinning the situation to gain sympathy and financial support and a possible political career for Lou?

Do those of you who support the family ever worry that because of what the Pelletiers have said, some parents may avoid taking their sick kids to BCH or other hospitals, thereby denying their kids vital treatment and quite possibly leading to some deaths?

IMO, and very sadly, I fear that may be the case. Even if it were to happen just one time, that would be a disaster.

Anyone who did believe every word would hopefully still be following, and see that Justina is not, and likely never was paralyzed, reverted to the mind of a 5 year, or was being tortured. I don't see how they'd ever win any sort of lawsuit either, against anyone.

I'm pretty sure they do not care about actually winning the lawsuit. IMO, they just want the free publicity, the opportunity to raise funds from the gullible and a continuing spot in the limelight. They can have all that without winning, and in fact, might get more of all that if they continue to be seen as martyrs to their trumped-up "cause." So what might be seen as a "loss" might well be a "win" for them.

I'm pretty sure they do not care about actually winning the lawsuit. IMO, they just want the free publicity, the opportunity to raise funds from the gullible and a continuing spot in the limelight. They can have all that without winning, and in fact, might get more of all that if they continue to be seen as martyrs to their trumped-up "cause." So what might be seen as a "loss" might well be a "win" for them.

Is it possible that BCH or others might file a counter-suit against this? An attorney who is working for what a suit might bring him might not be too eager to have to answer a countersuit against the Pelletiers.

Is it possible that BCH or others might file a counter-suit against this? An attorney who is working for what a suit might bring him might not be too eager to have to answer a countersuit against the Pelletiers.

Well, let's see: If corporations are now being made equivalent to persons (and they are), then maybe BCH could countersue for defamation of character?

IMO, the P family does not have a legal leg to stand on. I really doubt their "suit" will go anywhere, if and when they actually file one.

But again, that's fine with them, so long as it brings more headlines, more low-intelligence followers and more bucks. I wonder, is anyone, or any agency, monitoring how much money they have hoovered up and what they are doing with it? Are they a registered charity?

Are they a registered charity? Glenn Beck asked that very question of Lou in the first interview when Lou was giving information on the Miracle page they had just set up. Lou kind of hemmed and hawed a little but essentially said yes. HOWEVER... I was never able to find a listing for the 'Miracle' outfit as a registered charity. What I did find at the time (and I did not follow through completely) but it seemed like the donations that were being taken in by the Mito organization were going to that registered organization. It is unknown if those funds were being shared with the Pelletier family.

And, I believe that the funds being donated at free justina dot com were being taken in by the Liberty Counsel who is a registered charity. The only way to know at the time was to actually donate money and I was not willing to do that. I did not want them having ANY information about me and I did not want to be on their mailing list. I don't know if the money being collected by them was being used to fund lawyers, or being funneled to Rev Pat's organization or to fund trips to DC, or buy bullhorns, or to put food on the table of the Pelletiers or to pay their debts, or to catch up with their mortgage, or to buy gifts for Justina ... I just don't know.

But, the distinct impression was given, at least on the Glenn Beck Show that donations would be tax-deductible.

thanks for this very interesting info, i.b. nora.
As we used to say in the newsroom: "Follow the money."

I predict that the Liberty group and the Rev. Pat will remain supporters of the Pelletiers unless and until the money stops flowing in.
Then they will drop them and move on to some new cause they can hype to keep the gravy train rolling.
They milked the Terry Schiavo case for all it was worth, IMO, and are no different than those TV preachers who fleece their flocks while pretending to "save" them.

Anyone who did believe every word would hopefully still be following, and see that Justina is not, and likely never was paralyzed, reverted to the mind of a 5 year, or was being tortured. I don't see how they'd ever win any sort of lawsuit either, against anyone.

Am I missing something? She clearly is paralyzed since she can not walk.

But she was ice skating before!

Now that she's in her parents home and under their care, why isn't she skating? Surely they corrected whatever horrible torture BCH was putting her through.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, paaralyzed is severe nerve damage in the spine. It has never been said that Justina had any tests that proved neuropathy in the legs or paralysis. If she were truly paralyzed and tests proved it, I doubt the hospital would have treated her for somatoform, since she was on the neurological floor for quite awhile.

To me, paaralyzed is severe nerve damage in the spine. It has never been said that Justina had any tests that proved neuropathy in the legs or paralysis. If she were truly paralyzed and tests proved it, I doubt the hospital would have treated her for somatoform, since she was on the neurological floor for quite awhile.

Here is the actual definition.

"a loss or impairment of voluntary movement in a body part, caused by injury or disease of the nerves, brain, or spinal cord."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/paralysis

Here is the actual definition.

"a loss or impairment of voluntary movement in a body part, caused by injury or disease of the nerves, brain, or spinal cord."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/paralysis

Well I guess the question is, since shes in a wheelchair, is it any of those things that caused that? Since we don't have her medical records and we don't know for certain, I suppose we don't know if she's paralyzed.

Mitochondrial disorder causes muscle weakness and could be a reason she isn't walking, but that doesn't fit that definition so what would that be? Just muscle weakness?

I don't think that it is clear that she is truly paralyzed. Certainly her family has repeatedly stated that she is "paralyzed below the hips." The Pelletier supporters repeat that statement, but really, there has been no medical documentation that Justina is in fact paralyzed. Perhaps she is in the wheelchair because she refuses to walk due to a psychological or behavioral problem.

Paralysis, like many things in this case, does not make sense. Even if she had a confirmed case of a Mitochondrial Disease, loss of function of both legs so quickly would be very unusual. Myopathy of that nature - if it happens at all - is a very gradual process - patients do not become wheelchair bound overnight the way Justina appeared to.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/mplusdictionary.html
Midline Plus Medical Dictionary
Paralysis
Main Entry: pa·ral·y·sis
Pronunciation: \pə-ˈral-ə-səs\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural pa·ral·y·ses \-ˌsēz\
: complete or partial loss of function especially when involving the power of motion or of sensation in any part of the body—see hemiplegia, paraplegia, paresis 1

It is not apparent from watching videos of Justina that she has a loss of function of her legs.

I don't think that it is clear that she is truly paralyzed. Certainly her family has repeatedly stated that she is "paralyzed below the hips." The Pelletier supporters repeat that statement, but really, there has been no medical documentation that Justina is in fact paralyzed. Perhaps she is in the wheelchair because she refuses to walk due to a psychological or behavioral problem.

Paralysis, like many things in this case, does not make sense. Even if she had a confirmed case of a Mitochondrial Disease, loss of function of both legs so quickly would be very unusual. Myopathy of that nature - if it happens at all - is a very gradual process - patients do not become wheelchair bound overnight the way Justina appeared to.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/mplusdictionary.html
Midline Plus Medical Dictionary
Paralysis
Main Entry: pa·ral·y·sis
Pronunciation: \pə-ˈral-ə-səs\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural pa·ral·y·ses \-ˌsēz\
: complete or partial loss of function especially when involving the power of motion or of sensation in any part of the body—see hemiplegia, paraplegia, paresis 1

It is not apparent from watching videos of Justina that she has a loss of function of her legs.

One thing I noticed is the family has never mentioned falling. Anyone with fast or slow progressing paralysis fights to walk. Even to the point caregivers are instructed on what to do in case of a fall. How to assist etc. How not to end up underneath the person falling or cause more injuries trying to catch their fall. When to call for a fireman's assist. What to look for in case of concussion. I could go on and on. :(

I may have missed it, not a facebook person. Maybe they addressed it there???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES