Family Investigative team

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SBM The first day this happened people here were already saying they would be out in the media pleading for their child when in reality they were voluntarily sitting with LE for hours and hours being told they caused it. The next day (the first day they were available) they were out pleading for her and a lot of people still were not pleased. These people just can't seem to win with some.

I think this is worth repeating. No matter what they do, it's suspicious.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-col...f-losing-young-child-20111013,0,4814468.story

9:55 p.m. CDT, October 13, 2011

The Abeyta family of Colorado lost their young baby 25 years ago, and hasn't been found since

Video at link. Family did not speak to Abeyta reported in link above.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40177"]CO CO - Christopher Enoch Abeyta, 7 months, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Christopher Abeyta's thread.

Just bringing this here because Mr. Abeyta wanted to assist. Perhaps if family realizes who he is they may talk to him in the future. JMHO

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-col...f-losing-young-child-20111013,0,4814468.story

CO CO - Christopher Enoch Abeyta, 7 months, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Just bringing this here because Mr. Abeyta wanted to assist. Perhaps if family realizes who he is they may talk to him in the future. JMHO

At this point, I'd be taking all the help I could get.

CO CO - Christopher Enoch Abeyta, 7 months, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Wow-I hope DB and JI see this and are allowed to decide who they want to talk to!!:banghead:
Even though I'm sure the family member meant well!!:twocents:

JMHO but family probably gunshy of strangers walking up to their door given the media attention.

Hopefully they will see that report and get a hold of Mr. Abeyta. JMHO

I understand and share your concern tlcox.. While I would desperately feel the need to have an ATTY helping me to navigate through this difficult process of finding my child, as well as how to approach the situation of the same officers heading up the search for my child are telling me that it is I, her mother that has murdered her.. But my fear in this particular situation is that the parents, specifically mom is grasping for the much needed help being offered her without knowing(and I'm certain at this time not caring either) what are the motives here for this generosity "seeming" to be bestowed on her.. KWIM??

Because while I'm not certain what is your opinion on this anonymous backer, it's Attys, and handlers that come along with them but I have a very sick in the pit of my stomach feeling that slugs and leeches have found a new, not only "money maker", but just as important if not more a new "fame maker" by latching on to desperate parents at a time when they will look to anyone or anything to help them find their child, or to help them finagle their way out of being found guilty(if we're talking Casey Anthony type cases).. Either way their are very desperate people that are being latched onto and it's not for the reasons of finding their missing child, Lisa in this case.. That's the last on their list of priorities is finding the child.. Their priorities are exploit, create an even more sensational circus atmosphere, building the case up to extraordinary proportions media wise, all the while continuing to feed the pariah that are fueling the fame/money-maker scheme.. All with precious Lisa and her loved one's are left in the wake of destruction and are just one of the multitude of casualties that will be sacrificed, deserted, and forgotten along the way..

And Lord have mercy if one of these very type individuals himself, Mr. Leonard Padilla is calling this spade a spade.. Well he'd certainly be someone who knows..

I pray I'm wrong and their is some kind hearted, giving soul that's good pure motives of Lisa's well being as their priority and motive for becoming involved.. Sadly I know all too well their few and far between and with what's transformed from these missing children cases into million dollar businesses I'm just very leery of whats behind the money, Attys, and handlers here for Lisa..

Agreed. Scary to think about. Because we've seen it happen before here on WS cases.

Interesting.

PI refuses to identify benefactor - states in video that the benefactor is not in MO. That's one fact about the benefactor. (video report interview with PI).

PI says his role is to: "Stanton said his focus is on finding the little girl."

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/11/3201981/private-investigator-joins-lisa.html#ixzz1ajBQXNZ2

Second video down to the right of the article he says that he is helping to focus the family with both the investigation and the media. To use media to expand focus.

He also states that a minority of the media has been agressive and asks them to respect boundries.

Now there is another video (which of course I can't locate right this minute because I've looked at a blue million today!) but he says the family isn't speaking to local media because of the way the video tape of Mom and her brother buying wine was presented by local media. I guess now only national media? I don't know.

So in a nutshell he is there to investigate (he can't legally investigate in MO) so he's there to consult. Consult what? Media relations?

I have no clue. I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'll just sit back and watch and see where this goes.

There is a benefit to major MSM coverage. It means that Lisa's case could potentially stay in the media spotlight much longer than usual. It means that she will get a lot of attention. It also means that vultures will swoop down possibly on her family because more media brings mo' money. Double edged sword IMHO.

All jmho and things I noticed today.

The longer Lisa isn't found, if gone, the less DNA evidence to the actual cause of death. Stall tactics if one of them are guilty.

Does anyone know of a famous PI that's been on the news in the past that did find a child they searched for? I just know of about 4 or 5 of them and they haven't produced results except their own circus. Maybe it's the silent ones that do find missing children?

Off topic but on Christopher Abeyta's thread our member Suzi pointed out that Mr. Abeyta will be on inside edition tomorrow night. Just posting here in case anyone wants to watch it as well. (just to support Christopher and his family) I'm going to try to watch.

We are all freaking out about Lisa's case being a huge media circus, being sensationalized, people getting famous and wealthy off of it, yet we have posts on this thread that say that there are plenty of people who don't know about this case. The media could easily make this case a lot bigger and Lisa could be a household name right now. They could give it Osama Bin Laden death level media coverage. So IMO, allegations that the media is trying to make this into ~the biggest missing child case ever~ by hiring crazy PIs to weigh in doesn't hold much water at this point. Right now, I just see it as a missing person story that the Cable News is obsessed with. There have been plenty of cases that were receiving national coverage, and people predicted that they would become as massive as a predecessor case but they didn't meet that prediction.

ITA with this. Most of my family and friends lives w/in an hour of where Lisa lived. I would guess that out of all my family my grandparents & my mom know there is a baby missing, but wouldn't recognize her if someone walked through their front door and said "this is Lisa". I'd say less than 10% of my friends know there is a baby missing and I bet maybe 5 of them would recognize her.

I only heard about Lisa from Babycenter. I don't watch the news, I get breaking news emails from CNN and there hasn't been any about Lisa. I haven't heard anything on the radio about her at all.

I think b/c we're all here and are glued to the case we just assume most of the nation is, as well. But I've mentioned missing Lisa to several people here and back home and they haven't heard of her. I'm not talking backwoods people either, I'm talking people who work full time, that are just living normal lives.

I hear ya! I know more about what's going on in this case and other US news than I do about what's happening in my own country& state, since I don't watch the news (or tv at all for that matter)

My friends know I'm following a new case of a missing baby, and one of them just posted this to me on FB saying "is this the case you're following"?
http://www.smh.com.au/world/mystery...lp-find-missing-baby-lisa-20111014-1lo9t.html

So even though it's gone international, it doesn't mean that everyone in MO is aware of the case.

My family has experienced this firsthand and my gut feeling is this investigator is an opportunist. Has he ever investigated a missing child case before?

My heart goes out to you and your family ,

I think it's probably pretty simple to pinpoint who the "Wealthy Anonymous Benefactor" is.

This "Wild Bill Stanton" guy was last known as a security consultant on GMA (Good Morning America), the same news media that the Irwin's have been willing to talk to.

One of the local news media outlets attempted to interview the family when they got quiet, and stated "They had a deal with a national media source".

I can picture the producers of GMA saying, "Hey. We have this guy and we'd like to send him to Kansas City to assist you".

How does this benefit GMA?
Well, for starters their "Security Consultant" is now inside giving them any exclusive information. They may have even sent him in to get a feel for the family as well.

I'm pretty confident this "Anonymous Wealthy Benefactor" is Good Morning America.

Agreed. Scary to think about. Because we've seen it happen before here on WS cases.

Interesting.

PI refuses to identify benefactor - states in video that the benefactor is not in MO. That's one fact about the benefactor. (video report interview with PI).

PI says his role is to: "Stanton said his focus is on finding the little girl."

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/11/3201981/private-investigator-joins-lisa.html#ixzz1ajBQXNZ2

Second video down to the right of the article he says that he is helping to focus the family with both the investigation and the media. To use media to expand focus.

He also states that a minority of the media has been agressive and asks them to respect boundries.

Now there is another video (which of course I can't locate right this minute because I've looked at a blue million today!) but he says the family isn't speaking to local media because of the way the video tape of Mom and her brother buying wine was presented by local media. I guess now only national media? I don't know.

So in a nutshell he is there to investigate (he can't legally investigate in MO) so he's there to consult. Consult what? Media relations?

I have no clue. I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'll just sit back and watch and see where this goes.

There is a benefit to major MSM coverage. It means that Lisa's case could potentially stay in the media spotlight much longer than usual. It means that she will get a lot of attention. It also means that vultures will swoop down possibly on her family because more media brings mo' money. Double edged sword IMHO.

All jmho and things I noticed today.

BBM

I call bs. A family member is the one who said that family wouldn't be talking to local media because of a deal with a local news network. They didn't say it on camera, but told a reporter that. And it didn't happen about the wine videos, it happened about the time of the not cooperating with LE incidents. Well before the wine videos.

Cutting out the local media is really going to hurt them if anyone gets arrested. The local media will cut them to pieces. They will dig and print every bad fact that they can find about the family. And they will do it in the most sensational way possible. Bad strategy to po the fourth estate.
And just because it is presented differently in the national media won't correct the local (jury) opinion.

The spin is on. I wish the local reporter who went to the house that day would do a write up of the attempt to interview and what they were told, as well as what was happening at that time. Would be a nice piece to add to the PI press conference.

Stanton says he's coordinating the family in the investigation and the media. I bet LE would disagree that he's coordinating the family in the investigation.

“I am helping to coordinate and focus the family in both the investigation and with the media,” New York-based investigator Bill Stanton told local reporters in Kansas City, Missouri.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/category/missing-persons/

Re the reason the family is no longer talking to local media.

I just thought I would bring this back up.
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7197234&postcount=557"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4[/ame]

New Twists in Search for Baby Lisa
FOX 4 learned the parents made a 'deal' with national media and will no longer be speaking with local news stations.
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lis...rch-for-missing-baby-20111006,0,2371703.story

The wine video incident didn't happen until later.

Re the reason the family is no longer talking to local media.

I just thought I would bring this back up.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

New Twists in Search for Baby Lisa
FOX 4 learned the parents made a 'deal' with national media and will no longer be speaking with local news stations.
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lis...rch-for-missing-baby-20111006,0,2371703.story

The wine video incident didn't happen until later.

I hope they go away in cuffs........ they know.

I hope Lisa is found, against all odds safe and alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313
Back