Family Needs our Help

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone else on ipad? I'm not able to tag. It's just an avalanche, but since we are asked to tag...

Do we have a link to the new area to look on Tomnod?

Do we have a link to the new area to look on Tomnod?

I'm not sure. I've tried on my ipad and on my Mac and I can't seem to orient myself. Is anyone else getting a larger map that shows the entire area?

Are you implying... something? Looks to me like he's been looking at the images like the rest of us have and just misidentified an area in the images. Some of the pieces he's marked are pretty interesting, especially the lower area where there are the tracks and 5 spots that could be hikers.
No, not implying anything at all. I admire and respect everyone who has spent time helping in any way possible. The person I mentioned has spent an enormous amount of time searching the satellite images and I really, really hope he's found images showing the missing party. It came across as fact and I'm just an "official confirmation" kind of person.

How do you see what you tagged that others liked?

I don't know what it was, but something I tagged just got 20 likes in less than 3 minutes. I wish I could see what it was.

http://new.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/idsar2013/map/7475
So...you can type this address in your browser. This is the tile with the SOS, you can replace the tile number up in the browser with any other number to take you to the tile youd like to search or if someone has posted a tile where they have seen something.
The FB group is open to anyone, she just told me and they are greatful for any help.

Little help here :). What area of your photo should I be looking at? I doubt I'll see it though. I couldn't see SOS in the photo posted earlier and I haven't found anything on the site besides roads, buildings, and lots of trees.
In the left center part of the image I see from left to right an "A9L" and an "SA" underneath. In the lower right I see what's either a "3", an "8" or an "S". I don't know why but the attachment is not as sharp as the original.

I'm not sure. I've tried on my ipad and on my Mac and I can't seem to orient myself. Is anyone else getting a larger map that shows the entire area?
if you have an ipad or laptop hold it in your lap like you are in an airplane...makes looking much easier!

ahhh... ok. So if I tag something that someone else has tagged similarly, my "like/agree" thumb increases by that number.

<------- a little slow here

ahhh... ok. So if I tag something that someone else has tagged similarly, my "like/agree" thumb increases by that number.

I wondered the same thing.

I have tagged slightly under 200 places and searched 1500 sqaures in two days . I am having problems with accidental tags and vewing options and freezing for 15 or twenty minuts at a time.

so in this photo the SOS letters are not dark...they are white and it looks like someone took logs and wrote DAD or DAO with a square top A? if you look about to the right corner of the last would be letter there is the sos...really small compared to the other logs that look like letters.

lean back form the monitor and look at it. hope you can see it

Attachments

• sos photo.jpg
    sos photo.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 69

yes that is it...the airport i believe they were trying to reach, closest one in case of emergency. they are sending out searchers at 6am to search these areas that look so promising!

This is amazing. Technology at its best! It just might save these folks. That and the ear witness. Lord I pray!

This is amazing. Technology at its best! It just might save these folks. That and the ear witness. Lord I pray!

me too! Lets hope they found a place to hunker down, abandon cabin, chalet up there, something!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antony
Back