Family of Heather Elvis to hold news conference - 04/02/15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not. I was simply being sarcastic and pointing out the ridiculousness of bashing the victim's family and not questioning the accused about their fraud charges.

I haven't noticed anyone bashing the victim's family. I have seen questions asked and discussions based on the subject matter of DE's presser.

I haven't noticed anyone bashing the victim's family. I have seen questions asked and discussions based on the subject matter of DE's presser.

I am not referring to the WS members. I am referring to the people who DE was speaking about.

I just don't agree with the idea that families of missing persons (or related to someone who is sick, in need, etc) get a free pass when it comes to donations. There is nothing wrong with questioning it. There's been reports done on shady charities, thankfully, no one overlooked them simply because they are a charity. They were not off limits. Not saying anything shady is happening here, but wanting transparency is a good thing.

The authorities said relatively early into this that they might never find her and future searches would be conducted in response to credible tips (I'm paraphrasing previously discussed remarks quoted in published news reports).

I view these remarks as euphemisms for "unrecoverable", and I view unrecoverable as a term suggesting particular disposal methods/locations. So continuing searches not associated with more information would likely be futile.

JMO

I just don't agree with the idea that families of missing persons (or related to someone who is sick, in need, etc) get a free pass when it comes to donations. There is nothing wrong with questioning it. There's been reports done on shady charities, thankfully, no one overlooked them simply because they are a charity. They were not off limits. Not saying anything shady is happening here, but wanting transparency is a good thing.
I agree with both of these posts. If people want to know where THEIR donation money went, that's fair. On the other hand, insisting the money be used for "futile" searches is unreasonable, IMO.

Everyone can share their opinion on the various aspects of the case.

Let's just remember to keep it nice and civil without sarcasm.

Thanks !!

The authorities said relatively early into this that they might never find her and future searches would be conducted in response to credible tips (I'm paraphrasing previously discussed remarks quoted in published news reports).

I view these remarks as euphemisms for "unrecoverable", and I view unrecoverable as a term suggesting particular disposal methods/locations. So continuing searches not associated with more information would likely be futile.

JMO

Oh, lord, I hope you are wrong. The places the mind wanders at the thought of "unrecoverable" are not pretty.

JMO

I agree with both of these posts. If people want to know where THEIR donation money went, that's fair. On the other hand, insisting the money be used for "futile" searches is unreasonable, IMO.

I agree. Searching without a credible tip would be much like trying to find a needle in a thousand haystacks.

The people who are worried about donation money...that and not Heather,is their only concern. Where is the money? How is it being spent? Seriously, get a life! Where is Heather...remember her? The victim? The one who was murdered? Where is Heather? If they want to complain about money and how it was spent,why not spend every waking moment going after the M's...remember them, the ones who committed fraud to feed their Disney addiction? I don't understand. Where is Heather?

I am not referring to the WS members. I am referring to the people who DE was speaking about.

Members here have expressed interest about the donation fund as well. It is difficult to understand who you were addressing your comments to.

Members here have expressed interest about the donation fund as well. It is difficult to understand who you were addressing your comments to.

I thought I was clear when I said.."I am not referring to the WS members. I am referring to the people who DE was speaking about." To avoid further confusion, I was not referring to WS members.

I happen to think some of the trolls or pot stirrers are connected to a certain non-credible blogger that follows cases to sensationalize, along with others connected to the M's.

Completely agree.

I'm happy that WS does not allow anything here that directly comes from that despicable person's mouth. Unfortunately, her vile thoughts about the Elvis family have found there way here.

Its true from what I have seen happen in other cases.

I remember when the two young girls were murdered beside the road in OK some social media site posters posted the most horrible allegations imaginable against a family member. Many of them pretending to be 'in the know' or said they had been told information by local LE. Most of the trolls were locals some were not. This went on night and day until the real murderer was finally caught years later. It turned out they were nothing but nasty mean spirited liars and attention seekers.

Social media sites have been come a den of uncouth and nasty mean people who love nothing more than to threaten and harass others. And they also accuse their victims falsely of horrific things that turnout to be nothing but bald face lies. They seem to have no concept about decency, respect AND truth. For some it seems to have become something like a blood sport to them. The deeper they can hurt others the better they like it.

And I do think they hop from case to case. They seem to thrive on chaos, lies, and victimization to those who don't deserve it.

All I can figure is that they get a charge from making people more miserable than they are. Pretty pathetic.

Asking questions about the money is fine....but if you've not seen anyone attacking the family over it then you've not WANTED to find it. It's all over the place. Accusing them of using the "community" money to purchase new vehicles, pay off mortgages, Pay for travel to/from pageants etc. It's not just been simple respectful questions...it's been outright lies and innuendo's. If someone can't see that, then they don't WANT to see it. I support the Elvis' right to do what they feel is in the best interest of bringing their daughter home and/or closing this case. The community donated for that purpose from the goodness of their hearts. To now accuse them(not simply "asking questions") of wrongdoing is disgusting in my opinion.

Good luck with that since money is fungible.

I do in part @Surfside. I don't know the logistics of a donation vs. reward fund but, if that was clarified early on, some of the money collected from donations/fund raisers could have been put to good use. LE can't possibly fund an all-and-out search effort for very long. Their resources are limited and the cost is high for manpower alone. Just look at the recent report stating that they have spent $40k so far on the case.

I was a big proponent of hiring a PI early on. That time has come and gone. Maybe it could have helped break the case or not. But, we'll never know. At least that effort would have been made.

And, if it were my child, I would have let the psychics, voo-doo witch doctors, and clairvoyants offer up their services without question or doubt.

Not passing judgement on the E's. Just stating what I would have done and used the money for since no one has come forward with any tip worthy of the "reward money".

I left them a suggestion maybe a year ago to reach out and contact Tim Miller of Texas Equisearch, whose organization will help do wide searches and at no cost to the family. Only the family can make this happen though, and for whatever reason, they never went that route. It may be too late, as I don't think Heather's remains are ever going to be found.

Internet Trolls

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

... mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I highly recommend people who are upset with the commenters causing the family & supporters grief read some of the footnoted material.

I agree. Searching without a credible tip would be much like trying to find a needle in a thousand haystacks.

I think even TES requests from LE some possible locations to search. They can't just come in and search based on nothing, it is an expensive business. Jmo

Asking questions about the money is fine....but if you've not seen anyone attacking the family over it then you've not WANTED to find it. It's all over the place. Accusing them of using the "community" money to purchase new vehicles, pay off mortgages, Pay for travel to/from pageants etc. It's not just been simple respectful questions...it's been outright lies and innuendo's. If someone can't see that, then they don't WANT to see it. I support the Elvis' right to do what they feel is in the best interest of bringing their daughter home and/or closing this case. The community donated for that purpose from the goodness of their hearts. To now accuse them(not simply "asking questions") of wrongdoing is disgusting in my opinion.

For some reason this seems to become an issue for some every time a fund is setup for the family of a murder victim. Over the years I have given many times to these funds including HEs.

Once I give these funds I do not care what the family does with it. The minute the funds are sent it no longer belongs to me but belongs to the family. I don't give any money with attached conditions to it. Once it leaves my account it belongs to the family to do with it as they see fit.

I don't even care if they go out to a nice restaurant on what I have sent. I know family members go through very painful stressful times so if I can help to make it a little easier for them even in a small way then I am pleased that I helped out.

But that is just how I feel when I make donations to grieving family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..