Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desiree: Terri's reaction to pleas of info = surprisingly cold

If Terri is innocent, I wouldn't blame her a bit. I'd be furious if I had spent the last several years raising someone else's child and then they accused me of harming him. To think that they could even imagine my involvement would be so hurtful and even enraging. This cuts both ways.

wow... those people who are afraid to come forward or don't want to get involved really need to do a gut check and than do the freaking right thing!

I don't blame them. I would still come forward, but after DS being outed and accused of all sorts of things (from being Terri's lover to helping murder Kyron) in the media and the public, I would probably get a lawyer and be very cautious before talking. I hate to say it, but they created this fear in people.

ITA. Something has changed. This is second press conference where from what's written, she looks more like someone told her he's dead than someone who believes he is alive, or maybe LE told her the investigation is focusing more on Kyron being dead than him being alive. I really wish we had some clue what the heck is going on...

The fact is DY lives with someone in LE. She is an intelligent person and knows the odds in these types of cases - especially given the fact the 8 week mark has just passed. Her heart may be telling her something but her head is telling her something else. She is living on a wing and a prayer at this point. I hope I would have her strength given the situation....

MOO

I think the fact that they are at the 8 week mark, maybe the reason that deep down they feel that Kyron may not still be alive, but if you come out and say that then there is a chance that people will quit looking for an alive Kryon...They both look like they have lost weight, and you can tell this is hell on both of them....I think this is exactly what TH wants I bet she is watching these pressers and loves to see the both of them this upset, If she is as cold as DY says she is then she is getting the reaction she was looking for from the beginning....Sick Sick Sick...

I felt that Kaine has more hope to find Kyron alive than Desiree.

Reasons:
1) I still think he holds on to the belief that Terri can't be "that bad" while Desiree seems to assume the worse from her.
2) Being a logical person, I think he has the more "black and white" mentality than Desiree. If there is no proof he is dead, then he is not dead. Whereas DY's intuition and emotions makes her see things more grey.
3) Kaine seemed very concerned about what Kyron might be going though in the PRESENT. If he is suffering, how much he is hurting.

I feel like Desiree is more realistic about what happened to Kyron than Kaine at the moment. I still see a hope from Kaine that maybe Terri just handed him to someone. I don't think he has accepted that he might be dead at all. Desiree seems to have. I feel awful for both.

ITA. Something has changed. This is second press conference where from what's written, she looks more like someone told her he's dead than someone who believes he is alive, or maybe LE told her the investigation is focusing more on Kyron being dead than him being alive. I really wish we had some clue what the heck is going on...

I absolutely agree! It was Kaine's emotional state that was so revealing! Either DeDe is refusing to tell or the frustration of knowing that people are refusing to come forward but something has changed!!!

Wouldn't LE already have this???

Seems like they have some. But if there are unknown people out there that she's texted, they may not have that just yet. I don't think they're just going to yank everyone's records to see if there's possibly incriminating evidence. They don't have time to go through every number in her phone, I wouldn't think, or every email address she knows. They're probably starting with her closest friends and then moving outward from there. Plus, DY and KH don't know what they have, so LE might have it and just not have told them.

Desiree wants anyone who's ever talked to Terri or Kyron about anything to come forward. Some anger from Kaine there in the beginning over hearing that people have said they are "afraid" to come forward regarding Terri or get involved. Anger in him clear as day. He expressed anger at people in general - anger anyone would not come forward out of fear. He scared me with that, and I don't frighten easily.

IMO, if you can go there in public on national news - and no one pushed Kaine - they just asked a question - then THAT angry emotion is not foreign to him. It's not foreign to Desiree either. She didn't even blink.

If I hadn't come forward yet with gym conversations I'd had with Terri because I thought they were irrelevant, I would NOT have been encouraged by that display of anger to come forward now. In fact, just the opposite. Because I would NOT want to get involved with that degree of anger. IMO, that was a bit of a back-fire, like the day he dissed the press.

Kaine also said Terri's preferred method of communication was digital. So, they want people to come forward with digital communication too.

(Wouldn't LE already have all of that based on cell & computer records?)

Important note: Desiree admits firmly that she believes Kyron's being held because 1) LE can't say for sure he's not alive, and 2) because that's what she prefers to believe - out of other options.

While I understand Desiree & Kaine holding out this hope completely - sadly there appears to be no factual reason for the belief Kyron is being held. IMO.

JMHO

What will happen to these people if Kyron is never found...

IMO and JUST MOO - the purpose of the PC today was to "speak" to whoever else is involved (and they do know someone has INFO).

TH's big fav is electronic communication. That leaves quite a "footprint". I was waiting to hear KH say that TH frequented that website - WS! :eek: Maybe LE have email addys that they are having an extraordinary time trying to track to a "person".

It just came across as "we know someone(s) are out there with info and a) we want you to come forward immediately or b) we're going to find you whether you want to be found or not."

That my :twocents: on the PC - and all JMHO.

Did Kaine say the Science Fair presentations were on Thursday and the only thing on Firday is that the projects were still on display? :waitasec:
I think that's what he said. They were confused about what day things were happening.

That could happen to anyone with kids who are busy or distracted, but in this case it raises alot of red flags, obviously.

Daisy7 said:
Wouldn't LE already have this???

Not necessarily. Terri might not have her settings on Facebook fixed so she saves every message from herself to someone else. So other people might have messages in their In-Boxes, or they might have comments on pictures, or they could have messages on forums or discussions. Kaine said he didn't know all the places where she might have spoken to people online.

Desiree also said (or close to this) and this keeps ringing in my ears:

THEY had a 6 hour head start and could be in another state.

KH and DY think it was a handoff, of some sort, yet they are sure TH was the last person to see Kyron.

Did Kaine say the Science Fair presentations were on Thursday and the only thing on Firday is that the projects were still on display? :waitasec:

Yes, that's how I heard it (and elsewhere before this).. the Science projects were set up and reviewed (graded?) on Thursday. Friday was a chance to see other schoolmates' projects & display your own.

wow... those people who are afraid to come forward or don't want to get involved really need to do a gut check and than do the freaking right thing!

The afraid to come forward part is really messing with my head.

Wonder what that could mean?

I hope and pray something breaks very soon for these two. I didn't see the presser but from what everyone posted (thank you) I don't think I could have stood it today. I would have started crying too!

Desiree wants anyone who's ever talked to Terri or Kyron about anything to come forward. Some anger from Kaine there in the beginning over hearing that people have said they are "afraid" to come forward regarding Terri or get involved. Anger in him clear as day. He expressed anger at people in general - anger anyone would not come forward out of fear. He scared me with that, and I don't frighten easily.

IMO, if you can go there in public on national news - and no one pushed Kaine - they just asked a question - then THAT angry emotion is not foreign to him. It's not foreign to Desiree either. She didn't even blink.

If I hadn't come forward yet with gym conversations I'd had with Terri because I thought they were irrelevant, I would NOT have been encouraged by that display of anger to come forward now. In fact, just the opposite. Because I would NOT want to get involved with that degree of anger. IMO, that was a bit of a back-fire, like the day he dissed the press.

Kaine also said Terri's preferred method of communication was digital. So, they want people to come forward with digital communication too.

JMHO

That's funny - I had the opposite reaction to what he said! :angel:

People accuse him of being too cool and collected all the time, so I was encouraged that his deeper emotions came through to anyone watching.

That was righteous anger and maybe it will get through to someone out there who has a heart and wants to help Kyron. They need to shake people out of their complacency if they are too meek to come forward and tell what they know - which is despicable! :furious:

Who wouldn't be angry at this point? He's dealing with a bunch of slippery characters - including his estranged wife - and they still don't know what happened to Kyron.

JMHO

How can Kaine NOT be angry when someone or some people know what happened to his 7-year old son? How can he NOT show anger? I felt like Kaine was very human in that moment... Of course this is an angry man.

If Terri is innocent, I wouldn't blame her a bit. I'd be furious if I had spent the last several years raising someone else's child and then they accused me of harming him. To think that they could even imagine my involvement would be so hurtful and even enraging. This cuts both ways.

I don't blame them. I would still come forward, but after DS being outed and accused of all sorts of things (from being Terri's lover to helping murder Kyron) in the media and the public, I would probably get a lawyer and be very cautious before talking. I hate to say it, but they created this fear in people.

I'd be mad, but I'd cooperate anyway. I wouldn't impede an investigation and have everyone looking my way if I was truly innocent. I wouldn't hide behind a lawyer and continue to let this thing drag out. I'd clear myself, still be mad they ever thought that of me, but I'd get myself out of the way so that LE can stop focusing on me and investigate someone else. Plus, this is about a helpless child. Why in the world be cold about it and not help?

I would still come forward. I think the only reason DDS was made such a big deal of is that she's the closest to Terri and may actually have some involvement. I don't think they're going to go out of their way and blast everyone that might have gotten a text from her. Their child is missing. To not help or only look out for yourself when a child is missing is the most selfish thing a person can do.

People need to get over themselves and do the right thing here. If it was my child missing, I would say the same thing DY and KH did.

Is the dogtag that Desiree is always wearing around her neck related to Kyron? Anyone know?

I don't know how Kaine could know that people aren't coming forward...I don't think anyone else knows what happened, besides whoever is guilty...

And notice that Kaine didn't contradict her either.

To me, that's the takeaway from this presser. They both agree that Terri was surprisingly cold in response to their direct pleas, and both fully believe (I would say even adamantly believe) she is involved.

First and foremost, they want their boy found. If they had doubts about TH's involvement, they wouldn't want to spend one second barking up the wrong tree for spite's sake.

Their body language and manner of speech seem very open and truthful to me. I believe even more firmly today than previously that Terri is involved somehow.

Is the dogtag that Desiree is always wearing around her neck related to Kyron? Anyone know?

Desiree mentioned that at one of their pressers a while back. I believe she said one of the detectives or coworkers of Tony at the PD in Medford gave it to her. I think it might be a St.-somebody dogtag, must have some meaning for what they are going through. Sorry I can't remember the details for you, but maybe someone else will recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member