Family Press Conferences

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really bothers me that Kyron has not been found yet it doesn't appear that any searches are being conducted. It would be nice to see people come together in their neighborhoods to search their local area (with reminders not to touch anything they may find). We are all very familiar w/ the fact that most bodies are found by citizens that just happen upon them by accident.

It would be really nice to also see TES involved. I know OR has first rate SAR teams of their own, but it sure couldn't hurt. Besides, that would help give Kyron's case even more media attention. At the next press conference, I'd like to see the parents asked if they would be interested in having TES involved. They do search for live, missing people, too, so hopefully it wouldn't be upsetting to the parents.

I finally saw bits of the presser on NG. I saw frustration and despair, near panic, sadness, worry, anger. I cried.

I poured a glass of wine and toasted our MODS. lol

I agree Grandmaj...they both look exhausted. They both appear to be about at the end of their rope. I cannot even fathom what they are going through. The closest thing that I can relate to how they must feel is how I felt when my son was in the Marine Corps and deployed (twice) to Iraq. The first time was in 2006 when the situation in the Anbar Province was very volatile. I only could hear from him about once a month, but every night on the news I heard reports of dozens of Marines being killed exactly where he was nearly every day. I literally felt like I was being emotionally tortured...and he was GROWN. How in the world do you face the day when your seven year old is missing? I have no idea, but my prayers are with them and little Kyron every day. :praying:

OT: My Marine came home, went back to Iraq a second time and is now a FT college student, currently living on my couch...LOL. God answers prayer...

Bless your heart, kimmera! You must have been beside yourself with constant worry; I know I surely would be. Please convey our thanks and gratitude to your son -- he is a hero! And if anyone deserves to be a couch potato for a while, he surely does! :hug:

My husband is a Marine who was in Desert Storm, and they didn't have the communication they have nowadays. His mother lost all her hair while he was over there. She was THAT panicked and anxiety-stricken. Not knowing where your son is? I hope to never experience that kind of agony. I think the Hormans are holding up fairly well, considering...

O/T: Ooo-rah! ;)

I agree Grandmaj...they both look exhausted. They both appear to be about at the end of their rope. I cannot even fathom what they are going through. The closest thing that I can relate to how they must feel is how I felt when my son was in the Marine Corps and deployed (twice) to Iraq. The first time was in 2006 when the situation in the Anbar Province was very volatile. I only could hear from him about once a month, but every night on the news I heard reports of dozens of Marines being killed exactly where he was nearly every day. I literally felt like I was being emotionally tortured...and he was GROWN. How in the world do you face the day when your seven year old is missing? I have no idea, but my prayers are with them and little Kyron every day. :praying:

OT: My Marine came home, went back to Iraq a second time and is now a FT college student, currently living on my couch...LOL. God answers prayer...

The link above is bits and pieces of the presser with the newscasters comments - it looks like the nightly news, not the entire presser. Does anyone have a link to the entire presser? TIA!

Thank you, will see if anyone posted in reference.

ETA: Nope, will scroll back for link from earlier. Already cleared cache.

I disagree, Patty. Someone close to the investigation can easily deduce who may be a suspect just by the course the investigation is taking, evidence they see, or conversations with LE.

Once LE says the word "suspect," what will be splattered all over the place is "(Whoever) Arrested in Kyron Horman Disappearance." I say that because, increasingly, it seems LE does not name their suspect/POI most times until they actually arrest them.

You're correct, they don't, and for good reason. They're also hesitant about naming someone a POI, although sometimes you will hear them say so-and-so is someone they want to talk to.
You can bet next week's paycheck, nowadays when you hear them say someone is a suspect, they're on their way to jail or already there. And as soon as they formally charge them, they are the accused.

Does anyone have anything else to talk about regarding the presser. Because this thread has turned into a general discussion thread and it will close if we are finished talking about the presser.

If there is a topic you'd like to discuss from the presser and there isn't a thread, feel free to open one.

The parents of Kyron Horman, the missing 7-year-old Skyline student, will hold a press conference Friday at 11 a.m.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young will speak about the boy’s upcoming birthday as well as latest developments in the case.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...g-to-speak-Friday/9gkZaJScy02NSoneZwWZ5g.cspx

The parents of Kyron Horman have scheduled a press conference for 11 a.m. Friday to speak to the public about the disappearance of their son.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyrons-parents-to-speak-Friday-101562878.html

KGW live stream:

http://www.kgw.com/live-stream

KATU live stream:

http://www.katu.com/news/live

KPTV live stream:

http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young will speak about the boy’s upcoming birthday as well as latest developments in the case.

snipped and BBM

Well that ought to be a short, useless presser. Sigh. So frustrating. Wish there would be something new in this case.

true, it may be another disappointing PC (most of them have been), but at least it's something...Their fairly recent silence has bothered me, so I will be looking forward to this PC and hope they give even the smallest tidbit of new information for everyone to ponder. And btw, it's very disheartening to realize Kyron's birthday is coming up and he's still missing. That has got to be increasingly gut-wrenching for Kaine and Desiree. I know it is for me and I don't even know them. My oldest son is the same age as Kyron, which is one of the reasons this case has clutched me from the beginning.

Tomorrow will mark the 12th week since Kyron went missing from his school. I wonder if Kaine and Desiree will continue to say that they are pleased with the investigation and that they're confident that LE is making progress toward finding Kyron?

As difficult as it is to say this, as the weeks pass by, I am less hopeful that Kyron is alive and being hidden by someone. jmo

I don't think Kaine and Desiree will stop saying the good things about LE...unless it is proven they screwed up drastically.

If it is found out that LE has been wrong the whole time and could have saved Kyron, but they didn't. Such as completely ignoring and discounting a tip that would have led them to a live Kyron before he was no longer alive.

Problem is that would only really work if it was something that hadn't been reported or told to the family. Because if LE ignores it, then it's reported and the family also doesn't follow up on it...then they both contributed to the tip not being followed.

If it's something the family didn't know about, that LE disregarded completely...then they might change their tune. Otherwise, yes, I think we will continue to hear that they are pleased with and confident in the investigation right up to the very end.

I was beginning to worry about Desiree, since we have not seen her in some weeks. I would imagine she must hit a wall at times, where she just can't put on a brave face. As far as trusting the investigation, what else can they can? We don't know how they really feel about it, no matter what they say publicly.

I wonder why Tony isn't going to be there.

Tony usually isn't. It is usually Kyron's biological parents. I think this is partly a psychological thing for Terri to see Kaine and Desiree together. I think it also cuts down on awkwardness...so Kaine doesn't look like the third wheel at the press conference. I also think Desiree gets even more emotional when Tony is there...because she feels more "safe" or "comfortable" to break down. So that could be part of it too.

I also imagine that Tony has to work. It is a 4.5 hour drive, so at least 1 day off of work just to come up for a press conference.

I agree, I bet Tony stays in the background, he is there for Deseree but out of camera site.
LE may want a JEALOUS TH to lash out something when she sees the 2 together.
JMOO

The birth parents of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman will address the media Friday in their first news conference since July.

Desiree Young and Kaine Horman plan to update the public on several topics, including Kyron's Wall of Hope at Skyline School, a Sept. 1 fundraiser and Kyron's upcoming birthday.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24772877/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member