Family Sets Up Website for Kyron - BringKyronHome.org /All Fundraising Information

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Their "hands are in the cookie jar"? Please explain what you mean by that.
That typically means people doing something wrong by stealing or sneaking things they shouldn't be.

I can't for the life of me understand the steady stream of baseless criticism aimed at Desiree and Kaine.

Every time we've seen an article about someone giving out bracelets or shirts with Kyron's name or photo, people at WS and across the cybersleuthosphere have expressed interest in purchasing them, but living miles away from Portland prohibits that. The store is a convenience for those of us who wish to have some of these items.

I don't understand why now it's a bad thing... anyway... I hope that this post isn't a rule-breaker; it's not intended to be. It's just to vent frustration that these two parents/victims WHO ARE MISSING THEIR SON are looked at as if they are trying to profit off his disappearance.

In their shoes I hope I never have to walk.

Here, here puf. They are victims. There is no victim bashing on WS. Why is this hard I wonder?

The admins on the Missing Kyron Horman FB, are in contact with the family.

I know they have organized moving the wall of hope, and organized the Bullwinkles fundraiser on Kyron's Birthday. There are pictures and video somewhere out there of Kaine standing with them on that day at Bullwinkles thanking them.

I've seen the organizer of the Wall of Hope, at every fundraiser/volunteer activity I have been to and also at least one of the Admins of the FB that I recognized at Bullwinkles.

I can tell you that I have personally talked with Kaine about the website so I know he is involved with it, but I'd imagine his time being filled with other other duties...father, working, getting the word out about Kyron, my guess..(opinion) is that he is grateful for the help of these people who have stepped in to volunteer.

As a local, the website or the FB page are the first places I visit to learn of any news and to see if they need volunteers with anything..

A big THANK YOU to all WS'r for even noticing the site was down (you noticed it before I did!) as that shows you care and are checking it regularly! =)

:grouphug:

*note, second time I've used a little icon thingie.. it only took me 5 minutes this time!! =)

---
(They do have the e-mails of the admins on the FB site if one has questions, I was curious about the online store too, but I assume when it all gets started up, more details will come out as far as fund distribution etc..)

Every time we've seen an article about someone giving out bracelets or shirts with Kyron's name or photo, people at WS and across the cybersleuthosphere have expressed interest in purchasing them, but living miles away from Portland prohibits that. The store is a convenience for those of us who wish to have some of these items.

SBM

I've watched the bringkyronhome site since it's inception and I haven't seen anything for sale. IIRC there was once a notice that they were working on it and would have items in the near future. Mainly it was photos of Kyron, links to print his flyer in different languages and notices of upcoming events. Maybe they are updating the site to open the store section. I hope so for those wishing to purchase them.

Surely there is an accounting for the funds donated. I think most non-profit orgs have to be accountable. Maybe one of our attorneys will know more.

FWIW, it is eyes wide open with purchasing or donating to any organization or cause. WS shouldnt be a substitute for doing your homework on the organization if you want to be safe. IIRC, the IRS has a very handy site for verifying organizations that fall out of a certain set of criteria-each state is different...I mean for example some charitable organizations do not have to register as a 403B with the IRS unless they exceed a certain amount in donations....

SBM

I've watched the bringkyronhome site since it's inception and I haven't seen anything for sale. IIRC there was once a notice that they were working on it and would have items in the near future. Mainly it was photos of Kyron, links to print his flyer in different languages and notices of upcoming events. Maybe they are updating the site to open the store section. I hope so for those wishing to purchase them.

Surely there is an accounting for the funds donated. I think most non-profit orgs have to be accountable. Maybe one of our attorneys will know more.

Of course they have to be accountable. Why would anyone think that they wouldn't be?

The accountability is their IRS Form 990, which anyone will be able to see once it's filed.

Otherwise, people who are suspicious and don't want to donate don't have to. If the donors are confident that the foundation has integrity, then I really don't see why it's anyone else's business.

Time to move away from the rumor that the family is doing something wrong with their fundraising. If someone comes up with something concrete, then we'll take a look at it again. Without concrete evidence, it is bashing a family with a missing child with rumor.

Time to move away from the rumor that the family is doing something wrong with their fundraising. If someone comes up with something concrete, then we'll take a look at it again. Without concrete evidence, it is bashing a family with a missing child with rumor.

Thank you, Kimster. :blowkiss:

OK - just checked from my sons' laptop and now I see what you're seeing.

I think there might be an error in the page code. It has some weird code at the top that I've never seen before:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html dir="ltr" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<!-- #BeginTemplate "bkh.dwt" -->

<head>
<!-- #BeginEditable "doctitle" -->
<title>BringKyronHome.org</title>
<style type="text/css">

The below pic. is an image pic., from that site, so if you can see it then it is definitely up.

kyron_horman03_thumbnail.jpg

I gotta get my sons ready for school, but maybe someone can e-mail the site's admin?

admin@BringKyronHome.org

That's typical html/xhtml code using a css stylesheet. Maybe someone is in process of updating the site. I hope so.

How very generous of this nursery to do this.

When is the next search scheduled? Do we know? Will we know?

And dang, their link to the FB page doesn't work.

And bringkyronhome.org still shows a dead page.

Are the funds actually going to be used for a search? I hate to even ask, but the PC on 9/15/10 stated that none of the money has been used yet. What are they waiting for?

It's way past time for a group like TES to be called in.

It is my hope that they develop a lead in which they can sponsor a search. Having the available funding on hand will be instrumental in moving quickly if something develops.

It is my hope that they develop a lead in which they can sponsor a search. Having the available funding on hand will be instrumental in moving quickly if something develops.

But this wouldn't be used to fund an LE search, would it?

What sort of lead do they need to search places where the parents feel are suspicious? Kaine and Desiree themselves describe how they feel (via instinct) that he's alive. So are they going to hire a PI? Do ground searches? I'm excited to see the Portland area businesses stepping up to help out. I would just like to know which way this is supposed to be headed.

For instance, the bringkyronhome organization can set in motion "we are hiring a PI for 4 weeks and it will cost x amount. Please join us to raise funds at XYZ Portland Business to bring Kyron home." But we're not told anything, and the one time someone innocently asked, Kaine snapped their heads off saying that he was reading the online comments and "how about you stay out of the negative and focus on the positive???" Well, I'd love to focus on the positive. Which direction is this going?

Yanno?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killjoy02
Back