Family Sets Up Website for Kyron - BringKyronHome.org /All Fundraising Information

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know it is frustrating not to know. And yes I agree it can hurt fund raising also. I just hope that maybe someone like TES will be brought in at some point. But that would have to be with LE cooperation. They work closely together.

I know it is frustrating not to know. And yes I agree it can hurt fund raising also. I just hope that maybe someone like TES will be brought in at some point. But that would have to be with LE cooperation. They work closely together.

Why wouldn't they want TES' help? Especially given the reports of budget concerns. Are politics or egos at play here?

I'm not so sure it's about a need to know as much as a need to know why someone can't ask those questions. Kaine was very adamant in that interview. I believe it was the same one where Desiree read the "you will go to jail" letter. The message was clear: Do not question!

Are the funds actually going to be used for a search? I hate to even ask, but the PC on 9/15/10 stated that none of the money has been used yet. What are they waiting for?

Yes and Staton further said, he was waiting to talk with the family about that.

Why wouldn't they want TES' help? Especially given the reports of budget concerns. Are politics or egos at play here?

I don't know the answer to this question. I know TES needs to be asked to do a search, the parent(s) must agree to the search and to cooperate and LE has to be involved. In other words TES has so many cases they are not going to go where they are not wanted.

I'm not sure if they have ever been asked. I don't know that LE would agree or disagree with this type of search. I don't see why they wouldn't. Maybe organizations like TES are not even known to the family. They are to us because we follow missing person cases. But did I know this before? No. Recently with the young girl in CO. There was another search team from Texas brought in I had never heard about. And can't tell you their name now I'd have to search for it.

As far as answers I don't need to know about evidence. But I think in an economy where many people are struggling, if it was announced that they wanted to do a search and this is who would be paid to do the search, it would make fundraisng much less difficult. MOO

The more I think about the situation this case is in now the angrier I get and I'm not sure who I should direct my anger towards. It seems very natural for Desiree to support
anything LE does, but Kyron is still missing, so why not expand your options and speak to someone that has been where they are and can advise them. I

http://sleepyridgefarms.com/trees-of-hope-for-kyron-horman1.html

50% of our sales during the TREES of HOPE Fundraiser will benefit the Kyron Horman Foundation.

Now is the time to plant and we are offering a wide variety of landscaping trees, shrubs and native plants at near wholesale prices.

Just a coincidence I'm sure but landscaping and nurseries seem to come up a lot in this case.

Bless them for caring for Kyron.

Would TES search at random if there is no definite place to start looking from?

I don't think Desiree and Kaine are open to searches that would be for a deceased Kyron...and they can't exactly use the funds to go door to door to see if anyone is "holding" him...so it is all confusing to me. Also didn't MCSO say they had the necessary funds to conduct searches and the investigation? Why should D&K have to raise funds for LE?

If they just want to have a war chest on hand in the event that something comes up that they want to follow up on...that's fine by me. Maybe they want to be ready to fly off to Hawaii or someplace, if a tip comes in...but I do think they should make it more clear. I think that in their hearts, the fundraisers are more of a way to keep Kyron in the news, than anything else, but people do like to know where theie money is going...

The bringkyronhome.org website is back up an running as of this afternoon. It's been updated with current information. Discusses the Foundation and that is is now a 501(c)(3) corporation that will be a perpetual foundation. The 'donation' link now goes to a paypal account for the Kyron Horman Foundation. (it previously linked to the MCSO donation site)

My understanding from back in Caylee's case is that TES works with LE, and gets the places to search from them.

Right. And if the police have no idea where to look, what are they supposed to tell TES? Search every wooded area in Oregon? I think in the Caylee case, LE was able to surmise where she might possibly be based on the evidence they had. In this case, there is little to no evidence of where he might be. He's still a needle in a haystack right now. TES can't be brought in unless there's an area to search. And who knows, maybe the parents just aren't willing to give up hope of him being alive just yet.

I would love for TES to help, but right now, in this case, they just can't. And I so hate that.

Getting back on topic, I don't mind them having funds just in case either. Can you imagine if they didn't have the funds and couldn't get to Kyron or find him? That's a scary thought I don't even want to entertain.

Maybe they're doing the responsible thing and collecting money and discussing the best way to invest that money in Kyron's recovery. It's not enough money to be able to 'whoops!' use unwisely. Perhaps they're understanding now how many extortionists there are out there pretending to be psychics or searchers or PIs who will take their money and run. Perhaps they are investigating the best avenues and wisely waiting for the right lead to dedicate their funds to.

Anyway, from the MCSO website:

[http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm]

"We are only using certified searchers, and have a sufficient number at this point to staff our search operations."

I wish them the best. What a great idea for a fundraiser. If i lived within a day's driving distance of Portland, I'd certainly attend this.

Thanks. I just checked, and I like the new format. Does a lot in a very simple and easy-to-follow layout.

Just ck'd it out and ITA, very professional looking site.

>>An event that will raise funds for the search for missing 8-year-old boy Kyron Horman <<

I take this to mean that the funds will be used in the general search for Kyron, be that through flyers,phone calls, raising public awareness,following up on tips or whatever means available, not necessarily only ground, grid type searches.

Reward money tops 85,000
Sorry not reward, donations.

I was on vacation last week and read that Desiree was requesting donations to increase the "reward" for Kyron's return. Is the "donations" fund to which you refer something different? I'm confused about the various funds and how they are being used.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back