Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Judge Grillo who decided the Hospital failed to follow standards when initial brain death was determined. The Hospital has offered no explanation why they didn't follow standard procedure. The hospital's willingness to ignore standards does indicate the hospital's administrator, Dr. Duran, wanted to rush the family's decision because at the point Jahi was declared brain dead, Jahi's financial value to the hospital substantially increased, in my humble opinion.

all, JMO

Does anyone know the standard procedure the hospital did not follow? What are the standard procedure in determining brain death? tia

I had read that but wonder if it's true since most reports seem to come from the family, not to mention that Jahi's mother seems preoccupied with what her daughter eats. :moo:

Yes, she does seem preoccupied with Jahi's weight, however, this could be part of the "play."
Right now, this saga is controlling the Mother. Not just emotionally but by way of her team (PR agency, Attorney, Pastor, Terri Schiavo Network, etc)
I have worked in PR/Enteretainment and have given media training to clients.
We rehearse exact sentences, scripts, and words to use to best "tell the client's story."
Have you noticed that we have seen several players using some of the same phrases when referring to Jahi?
That is because all key players are told what to say and how to say it.
So before we read to much into the Mother's words, keep in mind that she is probably being coached.

It was Judge Grillo who decided the Hospital failed to follow standards when initial brain death was determined. The Hospital has offered no explanation why they didn't follow standard procedure. The hospital's willingness to ignore standards does indicate the hospital's administrator, Dr. Duran, wanted to rush the family's decision because at the point Jahi was declared brain dead, Jahi's financial value to the hospital substantially increased, in my humble opinion.

all, JMO

Again, the hospital can not discuss anything publicly because Jahi's family refuses to let them discuss it.

How do we know they ignored stuff? We are only only only getting Jahi's family's side of the story.

Multiple media have referred to the grandmother as a registered nurse but it really doesn't matter.

Most grandmothers are capable of recognizing the fact that blood gushing from a child's mouth and nose is a cause for alarm in an ICU setting and should result in an immediate call to a physician.

I went on the CA.gov website and searched for licensure verification. Jahi's grandmother is indeed a licensed vocational nurse, not a licensed registered nurse. ITA, with her level of experience, she would certainly recognize something was not right.

Does anyone know the standard procedure the hospital did not follow? What are the standard procedure in determining brain death? tia

iirc, the initial determination has to be done by independent physicians. The purpose of it would be to avoid premature brain death declaration in order to facilitate organ procurement, in my opinion.

I went on the CA.gov website and searched for licensure verification. Jahi's grandmother is indeed a licensed vocational nurse, not a licensed registered nurse. ITA, with her level of experience, she would certainly recognize something was not right.

I couldn't get the links to work. Furthermore, I don't know the woman's legal name or whether there is more than one person with her name.

Until I see it for myself, I will continue to believe the media articles stating she is a registered nurse. It really doesn't matter other than some are trying to publicly denigrate her.

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=136796&P_LTE_ID=815

to the main search engine if that link doesn't work:

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.ActionQuery

or

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=VN&p_qte_pgm_code=9110

Using this middle name- I get no results: maybe I am doing something wrong. I thought the LVN has a middle initial/name beginning with M?

Jahi’s grandmother, Sandra Jo Chatman, told KTVU she kept asking for help from nurses but says no one would answer her pleas.

http://newsone.com/2813129/teen-goes-in-for-routine-tonsil-surgery-winds-up-on-life-support/

I checked the RN verification here: no results.

https://www.breeze.ca.gov/datamart/selSearchTypeCADCA.do?from=loginPage

all, JMO

MyBelle,

Could you explain how her financial value increased? To me it decreased since she could no longer generate any revenue.

I agree that some bleeding would be expected but the bigger question remains as to why the bleeding wasn't better managed and was allowed to escalate to a catastrophic outcome.

The Mother's declaration to the court states says nurses refused their request to summon a physician. I've not seen any link to an explanation from the hospital as to why the nurses delayed summoning a doctor.

Ms. Winkfield's declaration to the court was her "perception" of events, and may not be exactly accurate in what exactly transpired.

I couldn't get the links to work. Furthermore, I don't know the woman's legal name or whether there is more than one person with her name.

Until I see it for myself, I will continue to believe the media articles stating she is a registered nurse. It really doesn't matter other than some are trying to publicly denigrate her.

She is listed under her published media name, State of California License # 136796, licensed vocational nurse. Issued 6/22/87 and current.

Ms. Winkfield's declaration to the court was her "perception" of events, and may not be exactly accurate in what exactly transpired.

In her sworn court statement, she also called it a " routine tonsillectomy"-

I can't write that off to perception....

Again, the hospital can not discuss anything publicly because Jahi's family refuses to let them discuss it.

How do we know they ignored stuff? We are only only only getting Jahi's family's side of the story.

Seems to me, that talking point was discarded the moment the courts and media was told exactly what procedures were performed and that they were "complicated." The current talking point appears to be to attack the grandmother's professional credentials. Apparently, the Hospital now has the mistaken belief the public is going to believe the grandmother is too "stupid" to be an actual registered nurse and that somehow will make a difference in the public's perception of the hospital's actions toward Jahi. It's a fascinating train wreck to watch from a PR perspective.

Just my very humble opinion.

Cristina Rendon ‏@Cristina_Rendon 8m
I'm hearing uncle of #JahiMcMath plans to talk to media in about 15 minutes @KTVU

It is sworn testimony and must be proved to be wrong. So far, the hospital hasn't denied the, "dead, dead, dead" comment. Perhaps that is because there were witnesses?

Unfortunately, it sounds like Jahi had an abnormal amount of bleeding, aspirated the blood and things went downhill very fast.
I think, if the hospital is ever allowed to disclose details, we will find that the aspiration of blood was very significant. I am on my phone and I can't find the article, but I remember the family saying that Jahi had a large amount of blood suctioned from her lungs. If this blood was suctioned by family, as they also said, I do not doubt that they unfortunately led to physical trauma at the surgical site and more bleeding. They were obviously in a panic (who wouldn't be??) and with Jahi's mother fainting it sounds like the whole room was frantic with activity and desperation. Understandably.

Unfortunately we can only speculate as long as the family forbids the hospital from giving their side of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member