Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see all the claims by the family and attorney of the air transport, the doctor lined up to monitor, the facility in NY to transfer to, and other such statements as meant to bait the hospital into doing something that can be later claimed to be illegal, improper, or otherwise causing duress and distress to the family.

In other words, baiting the hospital to do something improper to receive larger monetary compensation in the inevitable lawsuit.

It's now the OTHER patients of Childrens Hospital and their families, the physicians, nurses, other medical personnel, and administration are suffering at the unsubstantiated allegations and false claims the attorney and family are allowed to publicly air to the pandering media.

Can you imagine how difficult it is to be a parent with a critically ill child having to walk the gauntlet of the press, of the hangers-on, of the family's complete takeover of the waiting room and other facilities? Has the family ever shown any compassion for anyone else?

I see all the claims by the family and attorney of the air transport, the doctor lined up to monitor, the facility in NY to transfer to, and other such statements as meant to bait the hospital into doing something that can be later claimed to be illegal, improper, or otherwise causing duress and distress to the family.

In other words, baiting the hospital to do something improper to receive larger monetary compensation in the inevitable lawsuit.

It's now the OTHER patients of Childrens Hospital and their families, the physicians, nurses, other medical personnel, and administration are suffering at the unsubstantiated allegations and false claims the attorney and family are allowed to publicly air to the pandering media.

Can you imagine how difficult it is to be a parent with a critically ill child having to walk the gauntlet of the press, of the hangers-on, of the family's complete takeover of the waiting room and other facilities? Has the family ever shown any compassion for anyone else?

We have a winner, This is totally how I see the situation too.

They have not shown any compassion to Jahi so I doubt they are showing any for anybody else.

I'm just very puzzled that they're even suggesting that airlifting their braindead daughter across the country to move her to a construction site in NY would be a desirable course of action. If construction sites are an option, can't they find one in California?

We have a winner, This is totally how I see the situation too.

They have not shown any compassion to Jahi so I doubt they are showing any for anybody else.

I was going to say the exact same thing! :thumb:

I'm sorry but the McMath family does not deserve any special treatment and it's sickening that they are getting it.

There are SO many other families with sick kids in that hospital, The McMath's should be treated just like every other visiting family.

"To watch my daughter just sit there and not have food ... I'm just so happy that she is kind of a thick girl so she still looks good," Nailah Winkfield told ABC’s "Good Morning America." "I tell her every day, 'Jahi, you losin' weight girl, but you still look good.' I just think it's inhumane to not feed my child

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...spital-mother-article-1.1563261#ixzz2pADrz7aF

:censored: :silenced:

:yes: Some things are best left unsaid. :sothere:

I have been reading here for days about this like most of you all...having lost a child at almost nine years old I am very sensitive to this situation....the one question I have for now is this.....why has the family not allowed the hospital to share what happened? It can only further their claim I would think....but not allowing them to speak has me baffled...what is lying underneath all this?

IMO these are my opinions only.

I have been reading here for days about this like most of you all...having lost a child at almost nine years old I am very sensitive to this situation....the one question I have for now is this.....why has the family not allowed the hospital to share what happened? It can only further their claim I would think....but not allowing them to speak has me baffled...what is lying underneath all this?

BBM... that is what so many of us are wondering. The hospital is essentially on legal lockdown, they can't tell their side unless Jahi's family gives their okay. Meanwhile, her family, their attorney, and various hangers-on have repeatedly slammed CHO. If the treatment that Jahi received was so subpar, why not release that information? If the doctors/nurses/staff were so at fault, then the records would support the family's claims, would they not?

Big hugs to you, I am so sorry for your loss <3

1. IMO, The hospital knows what really happened...... and I highly doubt it went down like the family said it went down.

2. A huge lawsuit & millions of dollars.

I just read an article from Yahoo. This stood out to me. Evidently Straus is a lawyer for CHO.

Straus filed papers Monday in both the state appeals court and in a federal court where Jahi's mother also has sued. He is opposing the family's request for an emergency order to keep Jahi on a ventilator indefinitely.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/371331/328/Hospital-wont-aid-transfer-of-girl-on-ventilator-

IMO this is what the mom ultimately wants. For CHO to keep her on the ventilator for all the time that the family needs and wants.

Good 2014 Morning Everyone! I'm a little slow to wake up this morning, but I have read through the posts and got caught up on the discussion.

First I wanted to ask if anyone had a link to the nursing credentials of the grandmother. If there was a link posted and I missed it in my groggy state, I do apologize. I am asking because there seems to have been some confusion earlier on in the thread and I feel this is important to clarify if possible.

Second, after reading over the last few pages, I am again reminded of how the media spins things, there are ongoing court proceedings and we have only been given accounts (many different) of what occurred that day from family and their attorney.

MOO, I will only take these varying accounts of what occurred with a grain of salt. Jahi's mother, absolutely and understandably, is in a great amount of duress and unable to think clearly. Jahi was apparently in ICU and I have no doubt that the medical staff worked feverishly to save her life. We may never know what actually caused her to bleed and go into cardiac arrest, but Jahi's mother has stated that she wants the hospital to "fix" Jahi. She has also praised the nurses and staff for continuing to care for Jahi over this time period. I have only seen her anger directed at those that have informed her that Jahi is deceased. "No mother wants to hear those words it hurts" and no one wants to be the messenger of these words.

As days and now weeks have progressed on, Jahi's mother is not budging and coming to grips with the reality of the situation. There is no negotiation. As the family sits at the table with the admin of the hospital, there is nothing that can be bargained over, but yet the family and attorneys are asking the hospital to "bargain". In this situation there was life and now there is by all medical and legal definition death. There is no middle ground that is going to be achieved. It is impossible.

MOO, the courts need to put a stop to this. We cannot allow those that are in a fragile psychological state and those that enable them, for fame, fortune or whatever reason to cause ongoing pure and utter chaos in our society, despite laws that are in place.

1. IMO, The hospital knows what really happened...... and I highly doubt it went down like the family said it went down.

2. A huge lawsuit & millions of dollars.

Until there is an autopsy, NO ONE can tell what did or didn't happen with any degree of medical certainty.

The hospital is legally bound by Federal Law in regards to the medical records, are as every employee and every member of the medical staff of Children's Hospital. The have to be very careful what kinds of public information they release, and because of the family's open ability to use the unfiltered media, the hospital should not and will not answer questions just to satisfy the whims of anonymous lay people on random posting boards.

I don't see all the need for the indignation that people come up with about not having her medical records exposed for everyone to see.

You and I don't have the right to peruse our neighbor's records about their breast surgery or our boss's hemorrhoiectomy just because we are curious. There is a law about this, thank goodness.

First I wanted to ask if anyone had a link to the nursing credentials of the grandmother.

She is an LVN, a licensed vocational nurse.

She has very limited ability to provide basic nursing care, but cannot administer meds, start IV's etc. She can probably take vital signs using an automated instrument on non-critically ill people, bathe them, provide some assistance with meals or dressing or toileting.

On the nursing hierarchy, she is on the next to the lowest step and not at all qualified to be making any comments about surgical procedures, medications, or ICU care.

If the treatment that Jahi received was so subpar, why not release that information? If the doctors/nurses/staff were so at fault, then the records would support the family's claims, would they not?

Because they have POWER over whether the hospital can give facts.

I very seriously doubt if there is some "clever motive" behind their refusal.

MOO, the courts need to put a stop to this. We cannot allow those that are in a fragile psychological state and those that enable them, for fame, fortune or whatever reason to cause ongoing pure and utter chaos in our society, despite laws that are in place.

The courts will put a stop to this.

Psychologically, the mother may have been backed into a corner where she cannot comfortably accept the reality and inevitable outcome without a severe loss of face in public, and probably a huge reprimand from the attorney she is hoping will deliver millions of $$$$ in the lawsuit.

Lots of coercive factors operating here. Someone needs to find her an "out". That is what negotiations and mediation are about.

Until there is an autopsy, NO ONE can tell what did or didn't happen with any degree of medical certainty.

The hospital is legally bound by Federal Law in regards to the medical records, are as every employee and every member of the medical staff of Children's Hospital. The have to be very careful what kinds of public information they release, and because of the family's open ability to use the unfiltered media, the hospital should not and will not answer questions just to satisfy the whims of anonymous lay people on random posting boards.

I don't see all the need for the indignation that people come up with about not having her medical records exposed for everyone to see.

You and I don't have the right to peruse our neighbor's records about their breast surgery or our boss's hemorrhoiectomy just because we are curious. There is a law about this, thank goodness.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I wrote and I understand that. My statement did not mean I think the hospital should give US (anyone not just you and I} her medical records...I used to dictate medical records from a doctor's notes so I understand the protection....my question was meant as an "I wonder" what some folks are not wanting made public....as pertaining to her death. That's all....God forbid anyone thinks I meant probe into her medical records. I am sure at some point this will come out....I just am wondering......that's all.
Thanks!

Can anyone else ever hope to get this kind of special treatment?

<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...spital-mother-article-1.1563261#ixzz2pAFHFCdH
treatment?

I can only speak to my own experience and that answer would be yes. Visiting hours and rules were relaxed when my dad was in ICU. my son who was still very young and extremely close to his PopPop was allowed to visit. Seven year olds are usually not allowed in ICU. it brightened my dads day too. he visited often and after visiting hours often, right up till the end. my dads condition worsened ...He wasn't present when life support was stopped but I did prepare him and he was able to say goodbye and kiss his forehead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

For me it is the fact that the family can say whatever they want about the hospital and it's "inhumane treatment" of their loved one and the media and public run with it. But there is really nothing the hospital can do but business as usual and stick to the facts of the case that they can reveal when the media interviews them. It is what it is.

"To watch my daughter just sit there and not have food ... I'm just so happy that she is kind of a thick girl so she still looks good," Nailah Winkfield told ABC’s "Good Morning America." "I tell her every day, 'Jahi, you losin' weight girl, but you still look good.' I just think it's inhumane to not feed my child

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...spital-mother-article-1.1563261#ixzz2pADrz7aF

:censored: :silenced:

With all due respect to Jahi's mother, the preoccupation with food and eating was likely the cause of the teen's serious health issues. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper