Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mr. Dolan attempting to force the hospital's hand to do the trach and the g tube by floating New Beginings out there as a facility? Which isn't even built? Or approved? Why would NB even be an option? This does not add up. Why doesn't the NB site in AZ take her? IMO

He is and he will miserably fail. I cannot imagine the ramifications of forcing a hospital to perform medical procedures on a brain dead patient. Can you imagine? Holy Molly...

Is Mr. Dolan attempting to force the hospital's hand to do the trach and the g tube by floating New Beginings out there as a facility? Which isn't even built? Or approved? Why would NB even be an option? This does not add up. Why doesn't the NB site in AZ take her? IMO

What physician would do that surgery though? Can a court compel a physician to perform a surgery against his will? If something then went wrong, would the court be liable? If something went wrong, the physician would call the court asking what the court wants him to administer now that the MAP is 40 or whether he should administer a carbapenem or a fluoroquinolone for this post-op infection? The judge would not want to be put in that position. They may find someone but it'd be hard I would think.

What physician would do that surgery though? Can a court compel a physician to perform a surgery against his will? If something then went wrong, would the court be liable? If something went wrong, the physician would call the court asking what the court wants him to administer now that the MAP is 40? The judge would not want to be put in that position. They may find someone but it'd be hard I would think.

No.

Especially as there is no specific physician named who is refusing to do the surgery.

Is the court supposed to order every licensed ENT and Gastroenterologist on the CHO medical staff to do the procedures or just pick one at random?

T'aint gonna happen.

<snipped>

"Thick" is a new one on me :rolleyes: Never heard it before.

I was a bit surprised when I read that quote. Here, thick isn't used to mean fat, it's usually used to mean dumb/slow/dim witted. I was thinking huh? she's dead, she's not going to be the quickest person around.

Thick around the middle = chubby. I prefer festively plump though.

No.

Especially as there is no specific physician named who is refusing to do the surgery.

Is the court supposed to order every licensed ENT and Gastroenterologist on the CHO medical staff to do the procedures or just pick one at random?

T'aint gonna happen.

Nor any surgeon would be willing to operate on a dead person, I would think.

Why doesn't the NB site in AZ take her? IMO

There are several New Beginnings sites in Arizona, none of which seem appropriate or affiliated with the hairdresser's NY place.

There is an adult/juvenile sort of ex-felon halfway house (with a pool!) and there is an eating disorder facility.

Is Mr. Dolan attempting to force the hospital's hand to do the trach and the g tube by floating New Beginings out there as a facility? Which isn't even built? Or approved? Why would NB even be an option? This does not add up.

It has never added up. It has only ever been a sham.

The hospital attorney will only have to ask for the facility license and that will be the end of that.

It has never added up. It has only ever been a sham.

The hospital attorney will only have to ask for the facility license and that will be the end of that.

CHO has been asking for that since last week. The request was simple: tell the medical staff in whichever facility to contact us so we can arrange transfer of the body. Dolan has chosen to completely ignore the request. Keeping it super professional and concerned for the child. Not.

CHO has been asking for that since last week. The request was simple: tell the medical staff in whichever facility to contact us so we can arrange transfer of the body. Dolan has chosen to completely ignore the request. Keeping it super professional and concerned for the child. Not.

I find it so sad that people are giving false hope to this family. My parents are immigrants and are very hardworking and smart but not knowledgeable about medicine. If something happened to myself or my sister and the other sibling was not there to give them guidance, they might very well hold on to any hope that someone may offer. I have nothing but sympathy for the parents, they love their daughter and think what they are doing is for the best. If someone tells them something which is unscientific and not the accepted standard of care, they have a hard time trying to distinguish. Some of these other people have less of an excuse, and seem to be in it only for the PR, and that's so very unfortunate.

I find it so sad that people are giving false hope to this family. My parents are immigrants and are very hardworking and smart but not knowledgeable about medicine. If something happened to myself or my sister and the other sibling was not there to give them guidance, they might very well hold on to any hope that someone may offer. I have nothing but sympathy for the parents, they love their daughter and think what they are doing is for the best. If someone tells them something which is unscientific and not the accepted standard of care, they have a hard time trying to distinguish. Some of these other people have less of an excuse, and seem to be in it only for the PR, and that's so very unfortunate.

Agreed. These peeps are being preyed on by an unscrupulous lawyer. It is maddening. Why I wonder is how come NO ONE in their immediate circle has told them what's what? Seriously :banghead:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9379424

In the video at the link (this link was posted a couple pages back), the uncle says that they have a facility and will be transporting her as soon as the facility is ready to receive her.

So, considering this facility isn't anywhere near being completed, or would meet the guidelines to care for her, are they going to ask for more time until the facility is ready and will they mislead the courts about this facility?

I think the Mom is in such a state that she is just not processing/hearing any of it. I mean she is talking about how good she looks and that she is losing weight. The Uncle has stated that he understands she is dead. I think this is one of the reasons Mom was appointed GAL because she is not going to hear what anyone is saying in regards to Jahi being dead. jmo

I never said I believed the mother wasn't in the room. In my own opinion I still think that it's awful and that it should have never gotten to the point of triple security and the barricading of doors against family members. It's a circus and CHO is just as much to blame as anyone for their poor handling of this case.

The hospital would have to protect the other patients, the staff, etc.... Having seen how some family members deal with a sudden death of loved one and seeing how emotional this family is, the hospital would be at fault if they did not have measures to protect everyone. I have seen people pull items off the wall, punch holes in the wall, and many other things. You never know how people will react, so it is best to be prepared for the worst. IMO, the hospital was right and would have been liable if they had not prepared to protect all, INCLUDING the family members.

Agreed. These peeps are being preyed on by an unscrupulous lawyer. It is maddening. Why I wonder is how come NO ONE in their immediate circle has told them what's what? Seriously :banghead:

Not just the lawyer, but these other hangers-on that have appeared to further their own agendas. Nobody is sitting down with this family and telling them the truth, other than the doctors, who they don't trust, due to their hangers-on.

IMO.

It's horrible, every single bit of it. Jahi is lost in all of this. This isn't a "fight for rights", it's a "fight for madness".

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9379424

In the video at the link (this link was posted a couple pages back), the uncle says that they have a facility and will be transporting her as soon as the facility is ready to receive her.

So, considering this facility isn't anywhere near being completed, or would meet the guidelines to care for her, are they going to ask for more time until the facility is ready and will they mislead the courts about this facility?

Dolan might very well want the judge to compel CHO to keep Jahi "viable" until the NB facility in New York says they are able to take her, but this imposes a significant burden on CHO without any guarantee that NB will ever be able to take her.

A delaying tactic. Again, compeling CHO to keep Jahi in the area, keeping Dolan in the spotlight and giving the family free reign to entertain the media, yet not compeling the family to take any responsibility. And if her condition deteriorates further, Dolan still has the spotlight to accuse the hospital of killing her through neglect.

I would not want to be the judge who has to deal with the three ring circus that is going to be presented tomorrow.

It doesn't really matter if they choose their own definition of death, their daughter has been dead for 2 weeks, & in this circus of denial & blame, I think that they aren't able to really appreciate their daughter's life, which was 13 wonderful years that only their family will remember - I hope that once the trauma & stress is over, that memories of her will comfort them.

Dolan might very well want the judge to compel CHO to keep Jahi "viable" until the NB facility in New York says they are able to take her, but this imposes a significant burden on CHO without any guarantee that NB will ever be able to take her.

A delaying tactic. Again, compeling CHO to keep Jahi in the area, keeping Dolan in the spotlight and giving the family free reign to entertain the media, yet not compeling the family to take any responsibility.

I would not want to be the judge who has to deal with the three ring circus that is going to be presented tomorrow.

And who is going to pay for her to be "sustained" while NB asks for donations to finish their facility? And, as you've stated many times before, where are the licenses to provide this ... idk, "care and treatment?" to Jahi, who is gone and has been gone for three weeks?

I am just sick over this. Take the donated money, give this lovely girl a beautiful funeral, use the rest for therapy, a park in her name, anything. Just let her go.

A delaying tactic. Again, compeling CHO to keep Jahi in the area, keeping Dolan in the spotlight and giving the family free reign to entertain the media, yet not compeling the family to take any responsibility. And if her condition deteriorates further, Dolan still has the spotlight to accuse the hospital of killing her through neglect.

You said it perfectly IMO. "not compelling the family to take any responsibility". THIS! There has to be acceptance that Jahi is brain dead, no matter how guilty the mother feels, no matter how much she wants Jahi to be "living". IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech