Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any teams here.

A catastrophic bleed caused this child's blood pressure to drop precipitously and the loss of pressure and oxygen caused a complete and irreversible death of her brain and brainstem.

A vivacious happy child is dead, but her physical shell remains artificially supported by machines. It is not Jahi.

The family seeks to maintain the physical shell, rather than honor the memory of the wonderful child.

I just don't see any teams here.

The only reason people are calling her alive is because her heart is still beating. Correct? Does it not matter to them WHY it is beating? I'm just so confused about the circular reasoning.
Heart beat=life ,
machine=heart beat therefore:
machine=life?

Cue filing for an open-ended TRO while New Beginnings finishes building their facility.

Their FB page says nothing about this so far.

So they are taking her out of the hospital to a construction site run by a hairdresser, how is that even an option for someone they lovingly claim is alive.....why is this hospital, its drs, and nurses being bashed and blamed allowed with no proof..

In one of the articles the owner of the NY facility said they will house Jahi in the Outpatient facility until the other facility is built. So they aren't planning on waiting until the outpatient facility is built to transfer her.

ETA: "We are aware of Jahi McMath's dire situation, and we are willing to open our outpatient facility to provide 24-hour care as an inpatient, long-term facility for Jahi with the required and appropriate medical staff that she depends upon," Scerri said in a letter included in court documents last week.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/05/health/jahi-mcmath-girl-brain-dead/?hpt=hp_t2

In one of the articles the owner of the NY facility said they will house Jahi in the Outpatient facility until the other facility is built.

Their outpatient facility is office space.

will be very telling in a court of law!!!

Ambulance chasing lawyer (and maybe a lotto seeking uncle) sunk this case for the family IMHO

the family should NOT have sought the media - was their demise in any malpractice suit IM legal O

Do you think the CHO spokesperson and CHO attorneys realize this and are baiting Mr. Nolan and this family by using their words to the media against them? If so, WOW.

old resume:

http://www.yatedo.com/p/Angela+Clemente/normal/afbe2c4463b41227b9410b703950a8ea

A onetime medical technician who in her 30s studied to become a paralegal, Ms. Clemente is not your typical gumshoe. For one thing, she tends not to work for criminal defendants or their lawyers, opting instead to send her findings to public officials,

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/30/nyregion/the-mob-and-angela-clemente.html?_r=0

She studies to become a paralegal? Heck, I actually was a paralegal. Does that mean I could open up my own brain injury clinic? Who knew!

Honestly, I don't believe CHO legal staff is giving this case any more time than other cases on their plate. Jahi & her issue is just a drop in the bucket in CHO world - how many Jahi's did CHO cater to during this period?

This one is hot, so . . . it garners attention

Why is it so hard for people to believe that there are bad doctors, nurses, and hospitals???

For the same reason there are people who can't simply accept that medicine isn't perfect... and that for every 100 patients who have a great outcome, there are a number who will experience complications that have absolutely nothing to do with medical incompetence. This is why patients (or their guardians) sign informed consent documents prior to surgery. Informed consent means just that; they are informed that complications CAN occur, up to and including death. It is up to the patient (or their guardians) to determine if the potential benefits outweigh the potential risks.

No one currently posting here, myself included, knows all the facts surrounding the complications that affected Jahi at CHO. Whatever those facts are, I hope her family finds peace and allows Jahi to be at peace also.

New Beginnings Community Center provides office space specifically designated for individuals or groups committed to providing treatment to individuals with traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other physical and cognitive disabilities.

www.nbli.org

office space- not outpatient

She wrote that she would provide Jahi with nursing staff, licensed respiratory therapists and a pediatrician. -

See more at: http://www.njnewsday.com/national/1...he-teen-as-the-body.html#sthash.S72jZ59b.dpuf

I can't see how any pediatrician, respiratory therapist, RN, LVN, or CRNA is going to contract to work for a person who does not have medical credentials or a licensed facility in which they are to perform these tasks.

Angela Clemente & Associates is a Private Investigator company. She is very much into self-promotion. She seems to have a 17+ year history in the hospital area, and it sounds like in hospital laboratory work, but it is unclear exactly what. Maybe she was a lab manager, maybe she was a medical technologist, maybe she was a phlebotomist. It isn't clear. It also doesn't sound as if she has the credentials to be directing patient care (ie: Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant).

Why would NB in Medford, NY need a Private Investigator to work with Dolan for Jahi?

Why would someone with medical credentials want to promote NB as a place to care for a legally dead, brain-dead individual requiring fairly complicated supportive measures, especially those that would require a licensed MD - such as prescriptions, ventilator settings, general care orders, orders for tests or other care equipment? This just doesn't add up.

Indeed!

Have a look at her Twitter acct description. (Don't know if I can post it here?)

But this I think I *can* post, a link which Angela tweeted:

The Gifts of Jahi

'nuff said

~jmo~

IMO. I just don't see the move to NB happening. There has to be licenses for either operating a 24hrnursing home or recovery center , not to mention the health department probably has to approve the facility, policies, staff. And if it's an office space until the facility is finished, then I can imagine the landlord will have an issue with use of the space. What about insurance? I'm not talking about who will pay the care bills, I'm talking about as soon as NB's insurance provider finds out what is going on they'll drop them like a hot potato. JMO

I can see from the posts above we are all researching the complexity of really making the move happen.

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 8m
I told you we'd do it!!! I love you Jahi and I will come visit you soon baby girl. Your Uncle is a BEAST!!!

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 36s
Press Conference at Dolan Law Firm in 1 Hour in San Francisco, 1438 Market St, San Francisco, CA

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 8m
I told you we'd do it!!! I love you Jahi and I will come visit you soon baby girl. Your Uncle is a BEAST!!!

Hmmm... New York? I still don't think that's going to happen or ever was the plan. MOO.

And seriously, Omar, you're not the center of this.

Just one more thought before I go to bed. Once they move Jahi will there be anyone other then family and lawyers seeing her. Will they go on pretending to prove the drs wrong. I just think it's gonna be a charade. Hopefully the judge makes requests some kind of follow ups. Am I making sense it's been a long day?

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 36s
Press Conference at Dolan Law Firm in 1 Hour in San Francisco, 1438 Market St, San Francisco, CA

Seriously! At 9:30pm? Now I'm intrigued. (Shoot! That's what Omar wanted!)

Kris Vera-Phillips ‏@queenkv 1m
@_iamOMARI Hello! Did you get a chance to move Jahi out of the hospital? @nbcbayarea would like to follow-up with you. Desk#: 408-432-xxxx

Omari
‏@_iamOMARI
@queenkv @nbcbayarea YES!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads