Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kris Vera-Phillips ‏@queenkv 1m
@_iamOMARI Hello! Did you get a chance to move Jahi out of the hospital? @nbcbayarea would like to follow-up with you. Desk#: 408-432-xxxx

Omari
‏@_iamOMARI
@queenkv @nbcbayarea YES!!!!

Slightly O/T but who else loves Popsicle for near-instant twitter updates? Ty!

Kris Vera-Phillips ‏@queenkv 1m
@_iamOMARI Hello! Did you get a chance to move Jahi out of the hospital? @nbcbayarea would like to follow-up with you. Desk#: 408-432-xxxx

Omari
‏@_iamOMARI
@queenkv @nbcbayarea YES!!!!

I am very glad if they actually moved her out.
Now hopefully the other patients in the hospital won't be any longer subjected to this media circus.

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 1m
@queenkv @nbcbayarea No we are holding a press conference at Dolan Law firm in san Francisco (In response to if he is still in the hospital)

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 41s
Jahi Is FREE!!! Bye Children's Hospital

Indeed!

Have a look at her Twitter acct description. (Don't know if I can post it here?)

But this I think I *can* post, a link which Angela tweeted:

The Gifts of Jahi

'nuff said

~jmo~

That's an especially pathetic article, once again full of factual errors.

This may have been explained already, but is the term Lazarus effect from the Bible account of Lazarus being raised from the dead?

Christopher Dolan ‏@cbdlaw 2m
Press conference Dolan law firm 1438 Market St., San Francisco. Just highest free! John highest free! She is safely out of Children's

Matthias Gafni ‏@mgafni 5m
#BREAKING: Body of #JahiMcMath released to coroner who gave to her mother, per @Hospital4Kids #PrayersForJahi

This may have been explained already, but is the term Lazarus effect from the Bible account of Lazarus being raised from the dead?

I presume so. I watched the videos on youtube and knowing the patient is brain dead it looks very creepy.

#BREAKING: Children's Hospital Oakland says body of #JahiMcMath released to coroner who released it to her mother.

Rob Roth ‏@robroth 2m
Oakland Childrens Hospital says it has released #Jahi. Mother now has custody

KenWayne ‏@KenWayne 2m
#JahiMcMath's body released to coroner, who released to McMath's mother. Destination unkown, according to @samsinger, hosp. spokesman

250K is the limit on a medical malpractice case in California. The federal complaint has other causes of action for which there are no pre-established recovery limits. This is Mr. Dolan's way around the cap.

There certainly is an allegation that the hospital knew that the child was alive and that for financial reasons, the hospital wanted to declare the child deceased.

Next time the lawyer speaks with media, someone should ask him what factors make this a 30 million dollar case versus a $250,000 case.

Rob Roth ‏@robroth 2m

KenWayne ‏@KenWayne 2m

#JahiMcMath's body released to coroner, who released to McMath's mother. Destination unkown, according to @samsinger, hosp. spokesman

I sincerely think this is the best outcome for CHO and the family right now (given the options, and seeing they don't believe she is dead).

David DeBolt ‏@daviddebolt 2m
At 7:55 I saw #JahiMcMath leave @Hospital4Kids in an ambulance, followed by a paramedic supervisor car and a car w/ 2 uniformed deputies

#BREAKING: Children's Hospital Oakland says body of #JahiMcMath released to coroner who released it to her mother.

Just what every mother wants......I just can't grasp this. I think the easiest thing to prove she's dead is to just unhook all machines and let her heart beat on it's own...MAYBE then it will sink in..

Just what every mother wants......I just can't grasp this. I think the easiest thing to prove she's dead is to just unhook all machines and let her heart beat on it's own...MAYBE then it will sink in..

The heart will only beat for a short time then stop because she can not breathe on her own.
They can not unhook her even for a short time.

I sincerely think this is the best outcome for CHO and the family right now (given the options, and seeing they don't believe she is dead).

I agree. Whatever happens to Jahi now is in the hands of her mother and if she wants to have the feeding tube inserted and tracheostomy she assumes the risk of cardiac death instead of holding the hospital accountable.

Rob Roth ‏@robroth 2m

KenWayne ‏@KenWayne 2m

Thank goodness!

Rob Roth ‏@robroth 2m

KenWayne ‏@KenWayne 2m

I just don't understand how this isn't considered abuse of a corpse. Is it because the machine is making her heart beat. If a mother gave birth to a stillborn baby and couldn't bare to call authorities eventually someone catches on and reports it. That would be a crime right? So I don't understand why this isnt.

I can't see a transfer happening if the family needs to provide a vent at transfer, a medical flight to NY or how the facility under construction would be able to pay MD's, RN's or a medical crew 24 hours. I think those bills fall on the family, some in advance.

I could be wrong but I don't see it happening yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro