Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered similarly; the court docs filed by Dolan himself mention the stepfather suctioning JM during the crisis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyqtbbaq9tnlpci/stepfather suctioned her as well (Dolan's filing) copy.png

Thanks. That has been something that I've wondered about all along. Was the patient given advice to spit, and the family decided to use the suction tube instead, thereby creating a dangerous situation for the patient? What were all those people doing in ICU in the first place?

What were all those people doing in ICU in the first place?

This.

Two experiences: 1) recovery room from C-section only one person allowed (DH) and had to whisper. I was in good condition. 2) CVICU at Stanford with my nephew - a heart baby- 2 people allowed max, whispering, and the 6-8 babies in this CVICU were heart babies but not critical/recovering/etc.

Why so many family members?!

I have it SEVERAL PLACES!
EVEN typed in "dog tags"
literally on my wallet, my purse zipper and my keys! I'm not a tatoo fan but I will do it if I need to!
I can't even have a blood transfusion or I will go into anaphylaxis!
Please tell me that they will call my next of kin and shut
me off A. S. A. P.
Or should I make an appt at "Zen Tattoo"?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

If we are unable to speak, and there is no one legally authorized to speak for us present, then I think you know the answer, :)
The standard of care is to establish a patent airway, restore circulation and maintain breathing, either through natural respirations or mechanical ventilation ( including an Ambu bag in the field).

Blood transfusions are usually a whole other thing and if you have a Medic- Alert bracelet or " dog tags" for an objection to or specific reaction to blood products, then there are other measures which can usually be taken...

I understand Jahi is no longer able to live. Without being hooked up to machines that keep heart beating . What I dont understand is why any of this is anyone but her familys choice.
The argument is that it is cruel . Yet Jahi wont feel any of it. Nothing ever, so how it is cruel?

That it's cruel is not my argument. But the better question is, imo, what's the argument in favor of keeping a dead child hooked to machines while her body and brain deteriorate/decompose before your eyes. jmo

No, he just hasn't tweeted in 18hrs...sm starved imo.
This is not aimed at you in any way!

Ok. 18 hrs ago he was speaking in past tense.
Moo- those that "prayed"
not "continue to pray"
jmo
I assume there will be an autopsy which will be able to tell when her heart stopped beating?
I don't feel good about that. Moo

I understand Jahi is no longer able to live. Without being hooked up to machines that keep heart beating . What I dont understand is why any of this is anyone but her familys choice.
The argument is that it is cruel . Yet Jahi wont feel any of it. Nothing ever, so how it is cruel?

Well, quite respectfully, because a whole lot of people think her body is being desecrated, her memory disrespected, and all of her being exploited for the agendas of a lot of different people.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #5

I wouldn't use the word cruel, I would say that this is absolutely not the normal way that deceased bodies should be handled. There are very good reasons why deceased people are not kept amongst the living, with bacteria being a major concern. This is wrong on so many levels.

This.

Two experiences: 1) recovery room from C-section only one person allowed (DH) and had to whisper. I was in good condition. 2) CVICU at Stanford with my nephew - a heart baby- 2 people allowed max, whispering, and the 6-8 babies in this CVICU were heart babies but not critical/recovering/etc.

I spent my entire day at the hospital in L&D. At admitting one of the papers I had to acknowledge and sign was the terms of their (very thorough) visitor policy. Hours, age, amount, health and conduct of the visitors were all covered. They stuck it in my chart and sent me home with a copy! I would think most hospitals have something like this now.

My iPad is being stupid trying to reply .. :tantrum: So no quotes.

In regards to the court documents linked up thread ... The doctor clearly failed to mention her "glow".

Ugh gods I gagged typing that.

Seriously though, I have two young daughters the eldest being only 4 years younger than Jahi. After reading that report I fail to understand how ANY parent, regardless of their grieving state, could permit such heinous things to happen to their child's body. I'm nearly shaking it pisses me off so badly. This goes beyond denial, far beyond. I am not typically quick to jump on the "that person has mental health issues", but NW needs a LOT of help, and for far more than grief. Her brother needs to just go the hell away, and their lawyer needs to be stripped of his license.

To be blunt, I don't even so much grieve for Jahi at this point, but for her siblings who without a doubt are hurt, struggling, scared and don't have the one human being there for them that they need the most ... Their mother. I can only imagine that if I lost one of my girls the other would need so much love and comforting, and I would need them too.

And now I'm crying. Poop.

This.

My son had neurosurgery at the age of five and he spent five days in ICU. One family member was allowed with the patient most of the time, never more than one. No one was interfering with the patient under any circumstances. Everyone was quiet because the patients needed intensive care and complete rest to recover.

Daily, I pray for God to take Jahi home. She deserves to be at rest, to be free. I hope her soul is already free, but what if it's not? What if she can't rest in peace while her body is being poked & prodded & abused? My heart hurts for her.

As a mother myself, I can't imagine doing anything like this to a child of mine. It's mind boggling. And, what in the world are Jahi's living siblings going through???!!!

There has got to be a whole helluva lot of mental illness going on for a family to conduct themselves the way this family has. I hope everyone is able to get the help they need.

Most of all, I hope Jahi flies high, soon. Rest in peace, little one, when you finally get there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I've had a lot of Biblical education (personal and institutional), I'm certainly no spiritual authority...but I've been having an interesting 'friendly debate' today on Twitter with someone who believes, since the Bible says the "life is in the blood," that JM is still alive because her blood is being pumped through her system. For what it's worth, my own view is, yes--I believe the Bible, too. But if we're going to apply that particular verse to explain everything about this, here's another way to look at it. If the "life is in the blood" and there's no blood in JM's brain since 12/12, then, the way I see it, at least--there's no Life in her brain, and the person we might have known as Jahi has moved on. This interesting blog (posted earlier) remarks how we can replace other organs, but not the brain. All of our other organs are dependent upon our brain. Early Christian or philosophical thought (back to Aristotle) held that the 'heart' was the seat of the soul. But the original scripture used to reference that was written in poetic languages (Grk/Hebrew), not literal ones. The 'heart' refers to the comprehending essence and expression of a person/personality. Jahi could still have that individual essence if her physical heart were surgically replaced, or if she were missing a kidney or limb--but not if her brain were removed. We've also heard how, if the human heart were to be removed from the body and put in oxygenated saline, it would continue to beat--but we wouldn't equate that heart with the person. To me the brain is key, and it seems self-evident that the life that was "Jahi" would no longer be there once her brain was irreversibly dead. I believe Jahi's personhood is no longer in that brain--Jahi has already moved on, IMHO. And while I'm not trying to proselytize here, I, at least, find comfort in that.

This is not aimed at you in any way!

Ok. 18 hrs ago he was speaking in past tense.
Moo- those that "prayed"
not "continue to pray"
jmo
I assume there will be an autopsy which will be able to tell when her heart stopped beating?
I don't feel good about that. Moo

I get what you are saying but I think that is just how he speaks. This is his tweet from last night:

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 19h
Thank you to everyone that supported us, prayed for us, and donated to us!!! We are forever grateful &… http://instagram.com/p/i0j-

He says that they are still going through it, so I don't think so?

I hear ya! My mom died 13 years ago... I'm still going "through" it.
As angry as I am at her mother...
My heart breaks for that woman!
Moo
Bless you mamma!
I think I will pray for her now!

I have it SEVERAL PLACES!
EVEN typed in "dog tags"
literally on my wallet, my purse zipper and my keys! I'm not a tatoo fan but I will do it if I need to!
I can't even have a blood transfusion or I will go into anaphylaxis!
Please tell me that they will call my next of kin and shut
me off A. S. A. P.
Or should I make an appt at "Zen Tattoo"?

You live in California, right?

http://www.emsa.ca.gov/Forms

3.How can I ensure that the EMT or paramedic responding to my emergency needs will honor my DNR wish?

The best way to ensure that your wishes are honored is to complete the official State Pre-Hospital DNR form and have it signed by your physician and readily accessible when EMS help arrives. If you are concerned about the form being available at all times, you would be well-advised to obtain and wear a DNR medallion engraved with your DNR requirements.

talkradio200 ‏@talkradio200 37s
@seanhannity is talking to Terri Schiavo's brother about #JahiMcMath. #HannityLive

Hi! Newbie here. Just one question, who is furnishing/paying for the use of ventilator? Did the hospital send it with her? Insurance? Donations? What about tracheostomy supples and oxygen? Hospital bed? Special mattress? This stuff costs very much....probably hundreds of thousands of $$$. If she's declared dead, would insurance continue (or initiate) payment for these items? I've been following this case awhile and have so many questions! Sorry if these questions have been asked/answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member