Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe no one knows where she is. I'm surprised the media isnt camped outside the house. I sometimes wonder if she is at home. With a physician to "oversee" any (Dear God) treatment, round the clock skilled Nurses it could be done. Now this is not funny but no one has to worry about her dying. We brought my son home a few weekends, DIL was trained in feeding care , trache had been removed, not on a ventilator. She is but this case is so different. My son had some life signs in brainstem and cortex was wide open.Locked in syndrome. We picked him up and placed him in car. I'm sorry. I am going off the deep end. I cant fathom these people carting the childs body around.. Just random thoughts.:scared::facepalm:

I find it hard to believe no one knows where she is. I'm surprised the media isnt camped outside the house. I sometimes wonder if she is at home. With a physician to "oversee" any (Dear God) treatment, round the clock skilled Nurses it could be done. Now this is not funny but no one has to worry about her dying. We brought my son home a few weekends, DIL was trained in feeding care , trache had been removed, not on a ventilator. She is but this case is so different. My son had some life signs in brainstem and cortex was wide open.Locked in syndrome. We picked him up and placed him in car. I'm sorry. I am going off the deep end. I cant fathom these people carting the childs body around.. Just random thoughts.:scared::facepalm:

The media HAS to know, imo, and there HAS to be a reason they're not reporting it. HIPAA?...something else?, idk. But they do know where she is, imo

The media HAS to know, imo, and there HAS to be a reason they're not reporting it. HIPAA?...something else?, idk. But they do know where she is, imo

It certainly seems odd. These folks aren't in the witness protection program, you're telling me that no one has staked out a family member's residence and followed them?

I'm not saying I advocate that kind of stalking by the media, but it's the kind of thing I expect these days.

I do feel for the family about the lost of their child... I wouldn't want that situation on me,
BUT give me a break THE CHILD IS BRAIN DEAD! One can only hope/wish for God to awaken Jahi and he can do it from any where (if you believe).

I just hope that no one gets sick because of a rotting body left in public!

Brain dead means DEAD! JMO

I was just thinking the same thing. Does HIPAA apply to the media? idk either. I always thought it was incumbant on medical people not to discuss or disclose a patients medical info. What could buy their silence or non disclosure of where she is? Ethics, morals, conscience? Hmmm....

I'm just sick at heart that this is still going on. It makes no sense whatsoever.

MOO

Ethics, morals, conscience? Are we talking about the MEDIA here? It's been a good while since I've seen evidence of any of those 3 in the media, more's the pity.

I can't figure this out either. It's not like them to show discretion or concern for people.

(Former medical transcriptionist here, so familiar with HIPAA.)

I was just thinking the same thing. Does HIPAA apply to the media? idk either. I always thought it was incumbant on medical people not to discuss or disclose a patients medical info. What could buy their silence or non disclosure of where she is? Ethics, morals, conscience? Hmmm....

I don't know much about HIPAA, but I don't think it applies to the media. And even if it did, it wouldn't apply to location alone, I don't think. I agree with the other poster about nothing explicable is stopping the media. Can't wait to find out what. jmo

eta: Not sure why I quote Nore AND Zuri. If I were trying to do that (which I have in the past) I would have failed miserably lol

So what will they do when her heart stops? Announce that she died for the second time since December 12th?

:dunno:

So what will they do when her heart stops? Announce that she died for the second time since December 12th?

--------
I dont know either but as my mom used to say "they ought to have their heads examined." :banghead:
her heart isnt actually beating, its beating only because of the ventilator.
Would HIPPA pertain to her? Shes not a patient, she is a corpse. This is why I worry. What if others decide to do the same thing? it scary.:scared: Power failure? Sweetie would get to pass. :loveyou:

I'm afraid there will be accusations by some that she died because she wasn't fed or cared for properly before they moved her.

It's been very quiet and actually, I am hoping that since the media frenzy and court proceedings have settled down, there is someone that is being honest and helping them to understand what is going on with Jahi's body.

I am hoping that they are not being mislead and are, however slowly it may be, coming to terms that she is brain dead but her heart is still beating.

The thought that there would be medical professionals involved in the daily care, that would be doing anything other than helping the family come to terms with the reality of the situation, is to much for me to bear.

I really can't believe there has not been a peep out of anyone. Not media, the hospital or anyone. I know the hospital can't talk about this, but I can't believe there isn't some clerk, janitor, or someone that doesn't feel the need to talk. I am so impressed with the hospital staff for keeping quiet. But, the press, I just don't believe it. jmo

--------
I dont know either but as my mom used to say "they ought to have their heads examined." :banghead:
her heart isnt actually beating, its beating only because of the ventilator.
Would HIPPA pertain to her? Shes not a patient, she is a corpse. This is why I worry. What if others decide to do the same thing? it scary.:scared: Power failure? Sweetie would get to pass. :loveyou:

I was for quite a while, really concerned about this starting some kind of trend. I've kind of backed away from that because it was pretty hard for them to get this accomplished. Unless those that enabled them in the process, are going to support and care for a bunch of others in the same situation, I don't see it happening.

People may have donating some funds for this and in reality that money won't go far. I just don't see people opening their pocket book time and time again. I can see it with this instance, because it was "the first" or one of the first that got so much media attention. I don't know if the other cases where parents were able to accomplish this received a lot of outside funding and help, or they had enough funds of their own.

What blows me away is the way some people are reacting to this, almost like it's never happened before and complications are something that just don't ever occur. Medical professionals can only do so much and the rest is in gods hands.

I don't know much about HIPAA, but I don't think it applies to the media. And even if it did, it wouldn't apply to location alone, I don't think. I agree with the other poster about nothing explicable is stopping the media. Can't wait to find out what. jmo

eta: Not sure why I quote Nore AND Zuri. If I were trying to do that (which I have in the past) I would have failed miserably lol

With respect to Jahi's location, no, the media is not bound by HIPAA. I'm also surprised that TMZ or The Enquirer hasn't found her. Perhaps they aren't that interested in this story since they primarily dig up this kind of stuff on celebrities instead.

Tragic as it's all been I wonder if all the bills rolling in will bring some reality to the family. I'm almost sure some people will be wondering how they get paid for services and begin to push the issue. JMO

I saw this the other day and got a lesson on how Wikipedia works. I didn't know that someone could create a entry and then others can edit it. Apparently, there was quite the wiki war going on with this entry. If you click on the history tab on the page, you can see when changes were made.

Thankfully, someone or more than one person, has taken the time to make sure that the page is as accurate as possible at this point.

Tragic as it's all been I wonder if all the bills rolling in will bring some reality to the family. I'm almost sure some people will be wondering how they get paid for services and begin to push the issue. JMO

Doubt it. You can't get blood from a stone and medical liens would be dealt with in the context of a med mal settlement. Assuming CHO doesn't defend the suit. I hope they will. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!