Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The miracle docs did a radio show or a podcast:
From January 4

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/...oast+to+Coast+-+Alternative+Medicine+&+Health)

Neurologist Dr. Jonathan Fellus and neuroscientist Dr. Phil DeFina of International Brain Research Foundation, a non-profit which treats coma patients, joined John B. Wells to discuss their work helping people awaken from deep comas as well as the controversial case of 13-year-old Jahi McMath, who has been declared brain dead by her treating hospital after complications from a tonsillectomy.

Is this true about the FDA approval? They went on and on about how impossible it was to research their revolutionary approach and got an FDA approval without it?

According to DeFina, between 35 to 50 percent of such patients are diagnosed incorrectly and without proper diagnosis and strategic intervention there is little hope for them to recover. "We've worked with over a hundred people and had a tremendous success rate in improving or recovering individuals who were not recoverable and were told could never improve," he said. After a patient has been assessed diagnostically the goal is to normalize as much as possible each damaged neuro-marker so the brain can reorganize itself and gain functioning on its own once again, Fellus added. DeFina announced that their protocol for treating persistent vegetative state has received FDA approval. The two also disclosed that the parents of Jahi McMath have consulted with them about their daughter and are interested in pursuing what they have done in similar cases.

It sounds good, yeah, normalize the biomarkers so things can return to normal again.

If you take blood samples from brain injured people and study dozens of compounds, the chances are that you will find something that is abnormal, either there is too little of something or too much. But just because some metabolite or nutrient is associated with brain injury doesn't mean that normalizing the levels will fix the brain injury imo. If the abnormal levels of the biomarker are a consequence or symptom of brain injury or an underlying disease state rather than its cause, giving the patient pills to fix the biomarker might do very little or nothing to heal the injury.

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 14m
These people who have no clue of what's going on always want to comment and give their opinion, no one is asking you what you think SORRY

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 15m
It's funny how people OR the "same person" will create a twitter page just to @mention me about my niece negatively...Its incredible lol

https://twitter.com/_iamOMARI

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 1m
Since everyone is so interested, the charitable funds were used for the cost of moving Jahi out of the hospital to her new location

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 49s
Everyone tweets negative stuff, but none of you came down to the hospital when I was there to share your thoughts. Cowards behind a screen!!

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 1m
NOT 1 person the entire month I was there, but tweets are coming left and right now

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 1m
@R @E Hospital still hasn't told us What happen. When we find out, everyone else will :-*

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 1m
Talk about showing your TRUE colors!! #YellowTails

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 45s
I normally don't indulge in negativity thrown my way but some things needed to be addressed. I will now go back to being silent.

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 3m
@*advertiser censored* She's doing better, thanks for asking.

W H A T ??? Doing better than WHAT???, I mean really..."doing better" is in the vernacular a comparative statement.........................................

AND now I close my mouth~:banghead::banghead:

Hmmm, It would seem that Uncle O doesn't like what the public, that they so intensely riled up, has to say. I suppose that is what happens when you put yourself and your family out there, in such a ridiculous manner. :twocents:

Well, I think people usually have enough sense that they don't flock into the PICU and get in the nurses' way just to express their opinions to a patient's relative. I hope so. I'm sure the staff has better things to do than to shepherd people who don't belong there.

Well crap!! I was just on his twitter and had to go off for a minute. Now when I tried to get back on I get a message that says 'only verified followers' are allowed on his site. hmmm Weird. jmo

Jahi McMath is dead - it's time to let her go

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140117/OPINION0106/301170020

The sad case of Jahi McMath is just the latest round in a decades-old battle over the right to die. The questions raised by this case are profound: Who should have the final say in determining when and where we die? And when should doctors give up and admit that a patient is dead? In this case, the answer is clear: Jahi died on Dec. 12. It’s time for her family to admit that and let her go.

The decision of when and how to die is an extremely personal one which should be left to each individual. When a person’s quality of life is gone, or their pain and suffering prove to be too great, they should have the final say in their treatment, and if they wish it, they should be allowed to die. Doctors should do everything in their power to restore a person to health. But when all hope is gone — as in this case — they should be allowed to end treatment and let their patient die with dignity.

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 12m
In other news...Jahi is doing very well!! Her conditioned has really improved since leaving CHO on January 5th.

Nice of him to mention his niece.

And, sorry, but how to you improve from being legally/medically dead? (I know, Monty Python...). Nobody can convince me that this man does not know and accept the reality of the situation.

:facepalm:

Mari Fagel ‏@MariFagel 2m
Our first episode of the new season of Justice is Served is up, check it out for a discussion of the #JahiMcMath case [video=youtube;d8lN5dZgSvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8lN5dZgSvw[/video] …

:bump:

*selective social media is allowed as long as it has to do with Jahi's condition, the hospital or related to the case. Anything personal is OFF LIMITS. It must PERTAIN to the case.

*avoid posting negative insinuations about the family

:lurk:

W H A T ??? Doing better than WHAT???, I mean really..."doing better" is in the vernacular a comparative statement.........................................

AND now I close my mouth~:banghead::banghead:

Doing better than the average person who has been dead for over a month, I guess. :drumroll:

:bump:

*selective social media is allowed as long as it has to do with Jahi's condition, the hospital or related to the case. Anything personal is OFF LIMITS. It must PERTAIN to the case.

*avoid posting negative insinuations about the family

:lurk:

I hear ya! Sometimes it is just so hard for those of us advocating for JAHI!

ETA: I dislike this family immensely! :twocents:

Our first episode of the new season of Justice is Served is up, check it out for a discussion of the #JahiMcMath case BHL Justice Is Served - January 17th, 2014 - YouTube …

They're saying that the reason Jahi is brain dead is because no one came to intubate her and secure her airways in time so she choked on her own blood and was without oxygen for ten minutes

Have we seen anyone say anything about that? The story so far has been that she bled out and went into cardiac arrest and nothing about when or if she was intubated and how long she was without oxygen.

Our first episode of the new season of Justice is Served is up, check it out for a discussion of the #JahiMcMath case BHL Justice Is Served - January 17th, 2014 - YouTube …

I made it through ten minutes. First and last time I will ever watch the show.

They started off calling it a routine/simple procedure or tonsillectomy. Sorry, those are not the exact words.

One host's family has a business dealing with med mal practice. So, she quickly jumps in talking about the cap.

She is making insinuations about the hospital fault. Nothing like jumping the gun before getting any documentation on what really happened.

Just one more person using Jahi for their agenda. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member