FBI says Caylee never left local Orlando area

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Right on! A dog cannot trace a car's footsteps. It just isn't possible. They can tell you if a body was in a car or not, but not where the car went.

If the wind was too strong, the dogs would have a hard time searching. Anyone know what type of dogs were used? German Shepherds? They aren't so good for water searches, and I believe when the dogs went it was flooded, was it not? They can still be used for those searches, but their abilities are more for strength and agility / long distances. Up here we train those dogs to be able to go 40km a day, then again the next day. I don't know what the standards are in the US.

If the wind wasn't co-operating during the search, then the dogs would also have a hard time. In that situation, a heavy wooded forest, they would airscent like the diagram I posted on the previous page. The dogs should have still been able to search the area, but it depends how far away from that exact location they were. They should be usually fine to find the location of a body no matter how many days have passed, burried or not. But since reports are saying the area was used as a graveyard of sorts in the past, then there could have been other scents that threw the dogs off.

I'd guess that they weren't close enoguh for the dogs to catch onto the scent of Caylee.

How many dogs were used? Does anyone know?

What I wonder is about the pesticides. They took stuff from the Anthony home. It was suggested somewhere that pesticide(s) was/were used to keep insects down, so I am wondering if the bag was sprayed with pesticides, would this have interfered with the dogs being able to find it.

this has been nagging at me...George and his Food Network show, saying Casey and Caylee left on the 16th at whatever time withbackpacks...a bold lie? is this what they are asking immunity for? Or did Casey and Caylee leave the night/early AM after the knockdown drag fight with Cindy after the discovery of stealing $$ from Grandpas account. Casey went to TonE's, but left Caylee in the car in the trunk overnight to sleep, and when she came out in morning, Caylee was dead? maybe not chloroform but xanex the overdose or suffication from the heat?...drives back to the house to arrange the accident? I think it wouldn't be too far-fetched to theorize that Cindy had anti-anxiety pills (ativan or xanex) she was under a great amount of stress...Casey could and would steal them..she OD'ed the baby. IDK, i've been making myself sick about this for almost 6 months......sorry to ramble.

off subject, but could any of you live in the house again knowing it was a crime scene?? Knowing your daughter killed your precious grand daughter there? or wrapped her up in the sheets from your house? If it were me, I would see Caylee's little ghost everywhere. It would haunt me til the day I died..........I would have to leave and live with a relative til everything was sold. IMO, just a random thought came to me.

You know ,I think that Cindy and George gave Casey an out if she wanted it, the pool. If she told them that Caylee drowned while she was on the phone and she panicked this would have ended months ago. I am sure they suggested that to her while she was out on bond. She just cannot admit that she did such a senseless thing. She must really think she can bluff and lie her way through this whole horrible event. I don't think she will ever, ever tell anyone what really happened.

Right, but the prosecution will raise the fact that casey told the detectives on July 15th that she in fact spoke to her daughter for a few seconds that morning. She has locked herself to that particular lie, and it will come back to haunt her defense in a pretty big way.

If casey maintains that she spoke to Caylee on july 15th the car was already being turned over to the anthony's, so there isn't anyway for her to say that someone killed her daughter and put her in the trunk of her car and then removed her all within the span of what maybe 3-4 hours. Because once the anthony's had the car the access to the car by anyone other than them ceased to exist. Unless of course she will blame her parent's, something that I can see her doing.

(bolded by me)

IIRC, The A's also told LE in one of the interviews that they had REMOVED the battery, so "no one" could take it again....:confused:

(bolded by me)

IIRC, The A's also told LE in one of the interviews that they had REMOVED the battery, so "no one" could take it again....:confused:

Exactly, the anthony's had the car in their driveway and stated that they made it inopperable. This lie that casey told about talking to Caylee that morning is the nail in her coffin. There are only 2 ways for her to undo that, one is by taking the stand and telling the jury that she lied the other is getting that statement thrown out, of course scenario 2 is unlikely to happen.

Tackle that with the forensics of Caylee having been decomposing in that car for at least 2.6 days and it gets even worse for her, because that means that Caylee was not alive on the 15th of July and had been a dead body in her car from at least 12-15 July. So there in lies the biggest hurdle for the defense, she is screwed. I wouldn't put it past her to blame her parent's for the murder and admit that everything she did and said was lie to cover up for them.

off subject, but could any of you live in the house again knowing it was a crime scene?? Knowing your daughter killed your precious grand daughter there? or wrapped her up in the sheets from your house? If it were me, I would see Caylee's little ghost everywhere. It would haunt me til the day I died..........I would have to leave and live with a relative til everything was sold. IMO, just a random thought came to me.

I don't know, having never been in this position (and hope I never will!) but I have a friend whose son recently committed suicide at her home and she is moving out.

According to Fox News, The FBI has finally responded to the many "claims" that Caylee was taken out of her local Orlando area.

"As to the question of whether someone might have taken Caylee out of the Orlando area where she lived, the FBI said there wasn't any indication that was the case.

"At no time did we find any evidence that this young child left this location," said Tampa FBI Special Agent Steven Ibison."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,469785,00.html

Personally I find it significant that the FBI released that large detail, coming on the heel's of the immediate spin by the defense regarding the "Kidnappers" and the the statement by one of the Attorney's that Casey would "never" dump a body that close to her home. :rolleyes:

I believe that LE is attempting to subtly let the public know the truth, even though they are very limited in which details they can release right now.

In my opinion, that statement from Special Agent Ibison basically says "Caylee was killed not far from where she was found, and all of the evidence we have in our possession supports this fact!"

Thoughts? Feedback?
[bolded & colored}

where do they think she'd dump a body. are they admitting she is capable?:eek:

What I wonder is about the pesticides. They took stuff from the Anthony home. It was suggested somewhere that pesticide(s) was/were used to keep insects down, so I am wondering if the bag was sprayed with pesticides, would this have interfered with the dogs being able to find it.

I wonder the same thing. I know they took pesticides from the A home last week but have we ever had any confirmation that they suspect pesticides were used?

And does anyone know if pesticides would cover the smell of decomposition to any extent?

So, if Caylee never left the neighborhood, a dually trained dog could have tracked her over to the wooded area.

Tracking dogs track LIVE people by following the scent from skin cells we are constantly shedding.We have a tracking dog.
Cadaver dogs are trained to HIT on the smell of decomposition.They don't track that smell.They are led around by their handlers in the hopes of coming upon it.
I've never heard of a dually trained tracking/cadaver dog.

Here's my question, which is related: Did they ever bring in tracking dogs? I know they brought in the cadaver dogs, but I don't remember reading about tracking dogs. In Laci's case, the tracking dogs followed a scent that they said could have been Laci in a car. But in this case, after 31 days AND Casey's claim that the abduction happened at the Sawgrass Apts., there was no reason for LE to bring tracking dogs to the Hopespring Drive address.

This is not a flaw or failure on the part of LE, but part of Casey's attempts to prevent anyone from finding her missing daughter and, IMHO, evidence of consciousness of guilt that should be obvious to any juror.

In Laci's case the dogs could have been tracking a previous scent track Laci left.If she walked to or from her car before she was killed the scent from her shed cells may have still benn there.
Most likely the scent would have dispersed after 31 days.

I'm not sure.My son [15 years and 5 days old] committed suicide in our home.I wondered if we could stand being here again.We are,though and it's okay.
This is the home he was raised in .It would be sad to leave all the good memories.Also I believe the Angels were with him.I imagine that area flooded with Angels and that makes it okay.My daughter found my son,my husband tried to revive him with CPR. Neither has expressed wanting to leave here.
It wasn't a murder,but a traumatic ,ugly death,just the same.It's amazing how the mind helps you cope.
It did take over 3 years before we could change his room,though.

According to Fox News, The FBI has finally responded to the many "claims" that Caylee was taken out of her local Orlando area.

"As to the question of whether someone might have taken Caylee out of the Orlando area where she lived, the FBI said there wasn't any indication that was the case.

"At no time did we find any evidence that this young child left this location," said Tampa FBI Special Agent Steven Ibison."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,469785,00.html

Personally I find it significant that the FBI released that large detail, coming on the heel's of the immediate spin by the defense regarding the "Kidnappers" and the the statement by one of the Attorney's that Casey would "never" dump a body that close to her home. :rolleyes:
I believe that LE is attempting to subtly let the public know the truth, even though they are very limited in which details they can release right now.

In my opinion, that statement from Special Agent Ibison basically says "Caylee was killed not far from where she was found, and all of the evidence we have in our possession supports this fact!"

Thoughts? Feedback?
Casey would never dump the body that close to home?
WHY NOT? most killers DO.
It is like being in denial and swearing it is the truth.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure.My son [15 years and 5 days old] committed suicide in our home.I wondered if we could stand being here again.We are,though and it's okay.
This is the home he was raised in .It would be sad to leave all the good memories.Also I believe the Angels were with him.I imagine that area flooded with Angels and that makes it okay.My daughter found my son,my husband tried to revive him with CPR. Neither has expressed wanting to leave here.
It wasn't a murder,but a traumatic ,ugly death,just the same.It's amazing how the mind helps you cope.

:eek:fftopic:I am so sorry for your loss dear. I am glad you were able to move forward though as hard as it must have been. :hug:

Oh Miss James :(
I just wanted to send you a huge (((((HUG)))))
:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

I may be wrong here, but if Casey killed Caylee, put her in the trunk then drove her to the spot where she was found, the dogs would lose her trail in the trunk of car. They would not pick up sent if Caylee was taken by car. Now why the dogs did not pick up the scent if they were taken to the woods , I have no clue. Unless they were not taken to the woods, only having the searchers looking there.

Whenever a child is stolen, and taken away by car, the dogs can usually track child until the trail goes cold on a road or street. Just thinking this could have been what happened.

I think CA has OCD. WHat is with ALL the vacuum cleaners? I have a 2 story house so I have 2 vacuums. She has 4 vacuums and a cleaner. Just an observation. This whole family has issues.

Cindy had refused to give the search teams any of Caylee's garments.
IMHO they could not have done a better job.
There is a difference e between tracking dogs and Cadaver dogs.
There is a reason why Cindy did not want to give them a Caylee garment.
hmmmmm THE ANTHONY'S KNOW and KNEW FROM EARLY ON.

Ok I changed the verbage in the title one more time, because there seems to be conflicting viewpoints as to whether the FBI meant Caylee never left the local "neighborhood" or that they meant she never left the "local Orlando area".

Hope that's a happy medium for all. ;)

Right on! A dog cannot trace a car's footsteps. It just isn't possible. They can tell you if a body was in a car or not, but not where the car went.

If the wind was too strong, the dogs would have a hard time searching. Anyone know what type of dogs were used? German Shepherds? They aren't so good for water searches, and I believe when the dogs went it was flooded, was it not? They can still be used for those searches, but their abilities are more for strength and agility / long distances. Up here we train those dogs to be able to go 40km a day, then again the next day. I don't know what the standards are in the US.

If the wind wasn't co-operating during the search, then the dogs would also have a hard time. In that situation, a heavy wooded forest, they would airscent like the diagram I posted on the previous page. The dogs should have still been able to search the area, but it depends how far away from that exact location they were. They should be usually fine to find the location of a body no matter how many days have passed, burried or not. But since reports are saying the area was used as a graveyard of sorts in the past, then there could have been other scents that threw the dogs off.

I'd guess that they weren't close enoguh for the dogs to catch onto the scent of Caylee.

How many dogs were used? Does anyone know?

I have not found where any cadaver dogs were used. There was a report that it had been searched by them, but then when you look back through the documents the only dogs I can find are the ones Gale the psychic had. They are not cadaver dogs.

I would have to see the dog search report before I would believe they used cadaver dogs. The ones Gale used were used on the very far end of those woods and came no where close to where the body was found.

Here dogs are trained totally differently for S/R and cadaver searches. Most dogs are not cross trained for water searches and land searches. More and more they are beginning to do that, but it takes so much time to do it effectively in each type. There are even archeological dogs now which are cadaver dogs but are trained more for old remains.

If they just took in a police dog, then it is likely they didn't find her. Their training is for a totally different type of work.

This is very interesting-so where is the real crime scene? The house? Did she kill her in the house on 6/15? Did she kill her in the car? Did she kill her outside? If the FBI are indicating she never left the neighborhood alive, I am very interested to get a sense of where you all think that actual crime scene was.

Tracking dogs track LIVE people by following the scent from skin cells we are constantly shedding.We have a tracking dog.
Cadaver dogs are trained to HIT on the smell of decomposition.They don't track that smell.They are led around by their handlers in the hopes of coming upon it.
I've never heard of a dually trained tracking/cadaver dog.

They are doing that more and more now. Mine has been in S/R a little over 3 years and is very good at it. He is now being trained in cadaver work and took to it naturally. Some dogs do, some dogs don't do well in cadaver work. They two are different in a lot of ways, but are also similar.

There are many different areas of training even in cadaver work now. There are "specialities." We work a grid pattern if we are looking for a cadaver piece.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul3398
Back